Verified Expert in Engineering
Deep Learning Developer
Linux, Deep Learning, Big Data, Scala, Python
The most amazing...
...hing was developing a runtime called ActionLoop for Apache OpenWhisk targeting Go—it was the fastest and become the basis for all the other runtimes.
- Ported the environment to AWS (Go).
- Automated the generation of firewalls (Python).
- Integrated Datadog for monitoring.
- Created a builder kit for automated compilation of action.
- Integrated Kafka.
- Built a web interface to control drones.
- Developed deep learning models for vision.
- Used Python and Blender for 3D-image generation.
- Evaluated an object-detection algorithm.
- Controlled the drone using Jupyter Notebooks in Python.
Apache Software Foundation
- Developed the runtime for the Go programming language for Apache OpenWhisk.
- Implemented performance tuning and benchmarking of other runtimes.
- Built an ActionLoop development kit for runtimes.
- Handled the runtimes for the Java, Python, Rust, and Ruby.
CTO | CEO
- Designed and implemented the AgileSites framework for OWCS in Scala.
- Developed AgileBuilder which is a DevOps solution for OWCS in Docker.
- Coordinated projects using AgileSites and AgileBuilder.
- Mentored, trained, and supported a development team who was working with AgileSites in Telmore, Denmark.
- Designed the OWCS-based architecture for a large Italian bank, using Akka as a connector for the different parts.
- Analyzed logs coming from a website through Kafka with Spark.
- Trained the company in DevOps practices.
- Implemented a Kubernetes cluster in a private cloud.
- Implemented Kafka and Cassandra.
- Introduced Ansible and Terraform.
- Developed a build kit for automating deployments.
Founder | Owner | Developer
- Built the website in Fatwire for Birmingham Services, UK.
- Developed from scratch a website in Alfresco for Sage.
- Provided Fatwire consulting for a variety of customers worldwide.
- Implemented a proxy-cache for faster access to remote documents in Alfresco.
- Designed and implemented a framework for the rendering of websites using XML content.
- Reimplemented a back-end solution which reduced costs by 80%.
- Recruited and managed a team of developers.
- Designed and implemented the new version of the front-end using GWT.
- Coordinated the development of a mobile app.
- Provided Linux system administration and moved everything to a cloud.
- Helped to develop with Clotho a data entry system for billing information in GWT.
- Created the SOA component for PecHandler which enabled them to interface a front-end to IMAP and LDAP back ends.
- Aided in the development of TrackSal which is a Swing-based workflow engine.
- Developed for CinemaChoice, an interactive mobile app for cinema preferences. The early mobile application was done in JavaME.
- Provided LDAP development and administration for a large SMS dispatching application.
Java and J2EE Consultant
- Provided Java and Spring training for a of team developers.
- Designed the JSF and Hibernate architecture.
- Implemented hands-on coding of the prototype.
- Administrated the Linux servers.
- Managed a team of up to eight people as a technical leader.
- Provided the architecture design and performance optimization for Rikorda Portal, an eCommerce site for printing digital images.
- Helped to develop IberoBroker which is a translator broker to connect Sabre's Global Distribution System with the Iberostar's Mirto. (Iberostar is the largest Spanish tour operator, and Sabre is the oldest online travel reservation system.).
- Worked on implementing a portal called Piuprezzi for the Milan Chamber of Commerce where it distributed price lists for various goods.
- Designed epNuke and epShop which are early portal and eCommerce implementations.
Java and Linux Trainer
- Created and implemented a training course on Java for nearly 100 customers in Italy.
- Developed and implemented a training course on the Linux operating system for almost 50 customers all around Italy.
- Wrote nearly 100 articles on the programming language Java for a variety of Italian magazines.
- Worked as a consultant for Java and Linux related projects.
Linux and Web Programming Bookhttps://books.google.it/books?isbn=8838641773
Learn Apache OpenWhisk Bookhttps://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/learning-apache-openwhisk/9781492046158/
The ActionLoop runtime and Development Kithttps://github.com/apache/openwhisk/blob/master/docs/actions-actionloop.md
Object Detection with a Neural Network in Pythonhttps://github.com/neuronix-cloud/SumoControl/blob/master/driver/
Using Scala.js With NPM And Browserify
Scaling Scala: How to Dockerize Using Kubernetes
Amazon EC2 API, TensorFlow, OpenCV
SBT, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Alfresco, Terraform, Ansible, You Only Look Once (YOLO)
REST, Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
Docker, Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon EC2, Oracle, Java ME, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Apache Spark, Akka, Spark, GWT, Swing, JSF, Spring, Hadoop, Play Framework
Akka HTTP, Deep Learning, Big Data, WebLogic, Oracle WebCenter Sites, FatWire, Cloud, Bitcoin, Oracle WebLogic Application Server, Object Detection
TensorFlow Deep Learning
Scala Functional Programming
Oracle Master for JEE5
Sun Java Certified Programmer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring