Interim CPO | Full-stack Developer2020 - 2021ReturnBear
Technologies: B2B Product Management, Django, React Native, React, Sales
- Developed the initial product strategy and concept after an intensive customer discovery process with merchants and secured funding from institutional investors.
- Created initial prototypes of some of ReturnBear's early software, including a returns processing app built in React Native and using a Django back end.
- Launched a SaaS product in less than three months, with an in-person returns drop-off pilot shortly after. Secured initial customers and made strides toward achieving a product market fit.
VP Product | Data Engineer | Full-stack Developer2012 - 2020Parse.ly
Technologies: Product Management, B2B Product Management, Data Engineering, Full-stack Development, Engineering Management, Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Python, Django, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Apache Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Big Data, Big Data Architecture, Data Architecture, Data Analytics, Apache Kafka, PySpark, Data Visualization, Google Search Console
- Created and executed a product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with other senior leadership, allowing Parse.ly to enlarge its market share among North America's media and entertainment companies.
- Helped rearchitect the back-end and data-processing infrastructure, unlocking the next stage of B2B growth and the company's feature development. This involved a complete rewrite from state mutations to a lambda architecture.
- Headed the homepage analytics project by researching, designing, developing, and launching it. The result helped homepage editors understand the performance of articles featured on their high-traffic home page's valuable real estate.
- Researched, designed, developed, and launched Currents with a small team. Currents is a network insights tool that helped Parse.ly expand its total addressable market and allows users to view the attention a particular topic is getting online.
- Assisted in managing and mentoring product managers, software developers, and support staff in earlier stages of their careers.
- Built wp-parsely, a WordPress plugin that allowed owners of WordPress blogs to easily install Parse.ly to their sites and provide Parse.ly with the appropriate metadata for their content.
Product Manager, Analytics2010 - 2012Globe and Mail
Technologies: Apache Pig, Hadoop, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Web Analytics, Google Data Studio, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Data Visualization
- Provided analysis and recommendations for Globe and Mail's paywall, including which sections are most lucrative and when paywall offers should be provided, leading to the creation of Canada's most successful news paywall.
- Headed SEO efforts that led to double-digit traffic increases.
Manager, Digital Analytics and Insights2007 - 2010Rogers Communications
- Developed a growth, engagement, and loyalty analysis framework for digital media and presented it at eMetrics, an industry conference.
- Created and presented numerous scheduled and ad-hoc analyses that resulted in UI/UX improvements to various media properties and helped assess the performance of initiatives.
- Led the selection, negotiation, and implementation of Adobe Analytics across 100+ properties.
- Headed the technical and process implementation for Solbright, a contract and revenue management system.