Senior DevOps Engineer2018 - PRESENTEnliv Technology
Technologies: React, Ruby, Go
- Guided developers to build a solution that is secure, stable, and continuously evolving.
- Worked on the project, Dibya.org, a mentorship platform for various people (mainly students) to leap forward to a successful career, learning all necessary skillsets directly from industry experts. This platform helps the mentee learn from industry leaders in software development steps like designing services, building them, and deployment to the cloud. All these steps are well-reviewed from the experts just like how it is done in the real industry.
DevOps Contractor2018 - 2019Freelance Work (Various Companies)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Git, AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PHP
- Introduced DevOps concepts to ameliorate the company's infrastructure and services deployment process.
- Worked as a part-time consultant to improve the development and deployment process, tools, train developers about operational stacks.
- Helped establish a proper interview/screening process to hire their very first DevOps member in the company.
- Worked as a part-time consultant to improve service reliability by assessing the stack, supervising the deployment configuration, and migrating the database to more reliably managed services with disaster recovery and backup planning.
- Guided developers to setup/perform containerized deployment on Kubernetes.
- Improved the infrastructure/resources security by scanning the AWS resources and suggesting fixes.
Developer | DevOps Manager2018 - 2019WhiteHat Engineering
Technologies: Web, React Native, Mobile, Ethereum, Blockchain, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Go, APIs
- Built a payment utility application bridging the crypto-legacy banking payment options.
- Developed the back end (API & custom CLI client), handled the deployments, and managed the team effort for continuous delivery and improvements. The solution was built on top of the Ethereum and Dwolla APIs.
- Worked on the project, Zenledger.io, a crypto-tax computation engine for easy tax report submissions to the IRS.
- Provisioned the infrastructure from scratch, guided developers, optimized the database queries, and made engine robust, scalable, secure.
- Organized the team effort to build a marketing utility suite.
- Built an engine that could run Golang functions from different projects without the need of dedicated servers (analogous to function as service but targeted for a marketing application).
DevOps Engineer2013 - 2017CloudFactory
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Grafana, Prometheus, Ansible, AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Deployed a Ruby runtime on AWS.
- Worked on capacity planning, and build solutions for cost reduction.
- Setup a CI/CD pipeline for a faster, reliable delivery.
- Monitored server/business metrics (over graphs, slack alerts).
- Deployed services with increase availability via clustering, replication (HA).
- Evangelized on better engineering principles/practices (12-factor app) across the team.
- Executed smooth downtime/service migrations, VMS, patching, and building immutable infrastructures.
- Developed bots to automate mundane tasks.
- Supported engineering teams in debug development chores.