Freelance WordPress Engineer2020 - PRESENTDialogue Theory
- Established continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) with GitHub Actions and the WP Engine.
- Set up Webpack for running tasks for building and minifying assets.
- Customized AMP templates to meet the design decisions.
- Built AMP navigation sliding in with a sidebar component.
- Performed bespoke development, building custom templates for CPT, custom archives, Ajax pagination, and mega menu.
- Created a custom referral workflow with MailChimp API, ACF, custom post type, and meta.
- Worked on Airtable API integration for creating and updating content by authors without access to WordPress.
- Performed custom REST API integration between two WordPress instances for exchanging and reformatting data, automated with cron jobs.
- Integrated Primer.ai API for displaying refined search queries in real time.
Freelance WordPress Engineer2020 - 2020Calibrium Marketing, LLC. (via Toptal)
- Added custom data to the views for the WooCommerce shop and single product.
- Added custom data to YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote and YITH WooCommerce Compare plugins' functionality.
- Replicated WooCommerce Analytics (WooCommerce Admin) on the front end.
- Customized the checkout form for collecting additional data, saving that data to various places, and using it for different purposes, including but not limited to content personalization for the logged-in visitor.
Freelance WordPress Engineer2020 - 2020Platform9
- Created a custom form for collecting email addresses that are then stored locally for usage during the user's flow. Also built the flow depending on the user's choices along the way.
- Connected WordPress with the HubSpot API and set an auto-login to the platform demo via API tokens.
- Connected WordPress with the Segment.io API for tracking user's workflow.
- Set ACF to enable the easier management of sign-up flow content.
Freelance WordPress Engineer2020 - 2020Welcome Family
- Completed the refactoring of legacy PHP code in a WordPress theme.
- Updated assets to the newest versions (Bootstrap, FontAwesome, and so on) and adapted the code to work with them.
- Replaced existing FontAwesome fonts with inline SVGs.
- Replaced Classic Editor and Advanced Custom Fields Pro with Block editor.
- Built custom block templates for easy content editing.
- Created custom blocks to match the client's needs for complex content sections.
Freelance WordPress Engineer2019 - 2020Rubix Health (via Toptal)
Technologies: GitHub, WordPress API, Git, WordPress, GravityView, Flow, Gravity Forms
- Automated complex medical workflow through 14 connected Gravity Forms.
- Automated flagging and calculations of a long and complex medical survey.
- Automated email templates with or without custom PDF attachments based on specific values submitted by Gravity Forms.
- Automated the process for obtaining digital signatures for the consent form.
- Built custom views of submitted data with Gravity View.
- Integrated ICPC-2 Plus database via its API with Gravity Form.
Freelance WordPress Engineer2018 - 2019Rooster Money
- Connected WordPress with a custom referral API in both ways: GET and PUT.
- Refactored the existing code and applied WordPress coding standards.
- Created customized templates for various referral workflows.
- Implemented GDPR settings and custom localization.
- Integrated MailChimp API, Waitlisted API, Twitter API, and Webpack.
- Implemented a multilingual setup for different English speaking areas.
- Detected a visitor's geolocation serving the correct localized version.
- Guided client's in-house developers on how to solve various problems, performed code reviews, and delegated tasks.
Freelance Expert WordPress Theme Developer2017 - 2019LyraThemes
- Built free and premium WordPress themes for hosting on WordPress.org and online markets.
- Developed Ariel Pro; the theme was built based on an existing front end.
- Created an Elara Pro WordPress theme based on a PSD design.
Freelance WordPress Engineer2018 - 2018Glassdoor
Technologies: REST APIs, ACF Pro, WordPress API, Git, PHP, WordPress, Greenhouse
- Replicated a client's jobs board from Jobvite.com to WordPress.
- Gathered all the job data from Greenhouse.io using their API at app.greenhouse.io.
- Developed a custom theme on top of Sage (roots.io/sage).
- Created a custom Cron job for fetching data from greenhouse.io.
- Built a custom search jobs functionality which combines data from greenhouse.io and searches for terms within WordPress.
Freelance WordPress Developer2017 - 2018Gatemore (via Toptal)
- Created customized templates.
- Refactored the existing code.
Freelance WordPress Multisite Developer2017 - 2018Aledor (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress API, Git, CSS3, PHP, WordPress, Facebook API, Custom APIs
- Migrated theme options to a customizer for a multisite installation.
- Refactored the existing code.
- Integrated Facebook Open Graph META tags.
Freelance Senior WordPress Plugin Developer2017 - 2017WPChef (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress Plugins, WordPress API, Git, PHP, WordPress, Google Calendar API
- Implemented a new feature in the existing plugin.
- Created a new event in Google Calendar using the custom syntax (wording scheme), getting this event into WordPress and creating new booking post based on data from a custom syntax.
- Used as much as possible the functionality available from the plugin (DRY).
- Wrote clean and well-documented code so that other developers can continue the plugin development swimmingly.
Freelance Full-stack WordPress Developer2017 - 2017EduOpinions SL (via Toptal)
- Developed a child theme.
- Heavily customized a commenting system.
- Customized an automated mailing system based on user level and action.
- Implemented a custom integration with MailChimp.
- Built a social login.
- Created a multilingual functionality.
- Guided a junior developer in Git, deployment, and various WordPress areas.
WordPress Theme Developer | Project Lead2015 - 2017The House London
- Developed small-to-medium business websites in WordPress.
- Implemented third-party APIs (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, MailChimp, Eventbrite, and Meetup).
- Built custom user groups and permissions for viewing, editing, and administrating user groups and content.
- Created various data models for building content with Advanced Custom Fields PRO.
- Built various custom plugins which were reusable for different projects.
- Conducted code reviews and guided junior developers.
WordPress Theme Developer | Project Lead2015 - 2017Creative Agency Egzote
- Automated the content creation with the Twitter and Instagram feeds (Twitter and Instagram API).
- Worked onsite RSVP events via the Eventbrite and Meetup APIs.
- Enabled onsite subscription via the MailChimp API.
- Implemented various WordPress REST APIs (related posts, Masonry filters by categories, and more).
- Created content on the front-end via Advanced Custom Fields PRO.
Freelance WordPress Theme Developer2010 - 2017Freelance Work
- Built small, personal, and business websites using WordPress.
- Created web designs in Photoshop.
- Developed an audio-and-video playlist in WordPress via an HTML5 audio and video player.
- Set up domain hosting (domain name, DNS, emails) and website hosting (cPanel, phpMyAdmin, and FTP).
- Implemented Google services (webmaster tools, analytics, reCAPTCHA, and more).