Verified Expert in Engineering
In his 30 years of programming experience (15 professionally), Miran has involved himself in everything from N-tier system builds, PKI smart cards for authentication and data storage, and iOS games and applications to leadership positions on development teams for large-scale projects. Miran aims to keep code execution speed, solid yet flexible code design, and an attractive and unique UI in balance.
Terminal, Git, Xcode, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), iOS, OS X, Unreal Engine
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a rendering system designed to present huge terrains in real time. Made for 2007's HW, it can render 40 million polygons in 40 FPS.
Tech Lead, Advisor, Project Lead, iOS/Back-end Developer, DevOps Engineer
Genius Ventures Inc
- Acted as a tech/team leader and handled project management for a 30-member team of front-end and back-end developers, UE developers, a DevOps team, and artists.
- Worked on proof-of-concept solutions in Unreal Engine, iOS, Node.js, Next.js, and Terraform. Explored use cases for AI in our work, such as using stable-diffusion for image rendering, AIVA for soundtracks, and similar.
- Researched tech solutions for our internal pipeline refinement and system and deployment automation and suggested the system architecture.
iOS Lead, Tech Lead, System Architect
Content Creators Inc
- Was a part of the team that developed an iOS application for a video streaming platform. I upgraded their streaming capabilities and worked with back-end engineers to provide better HLS streaming capabilities.
- Switched, after the initial HLS functionality was set up and working, to creating a video editor embedded in the app with capabilities of trimming/switching video tracks, adding labels to specific parts of the video, adding animated GIFs, and others.
- Enhanced the application with NFT integration and wallet login. Used OpenSea, Magic Eden, and Etherscan APIs and contracts.
iOS Developer, Tech Lead, Architect
- Acted as a team/tech lead for the AR SDK iOS team. Communicated with various teams (marketing, product, planning) and synchronized between-team tasks. Held candidate interviews and reported back to management.
- Oversaw the development of an AR SDK that got integrated into Verizon Media's application ecosystems, such as Yahoo Sports/Finance/Weather/Mail.
- Developed a networking management code segment that handled everything, from retries to caching, error handling, and more.
- Created an action chaining system that would enable various sounds, animations, and properties to be chained in sequence and under specific conditions.
iOS Team/Tech Lead, Senior Developer, Software Architect
- Led the iOS development department. Acted as the iOS technical lead.
- Led an eight-month-long chatbot/back-end project in Node.js (AWS) for Marriott International. From back-end development, databases, bot flow scripting, and NLP to sentiment analysis, the project involved almost everything.
- Led a year-long iOS/web game development team in a VSP-based product for discovering sight deficiencies while playing computer games.
- Contributed to the iOS app Learn Languages by Rosetta Stone.
- Worked on CiLabs' suite of iOS conference apps, like Web Summit, Collision, RISE, MoneyConf, and SURGE.
- Led a team of seven people during the creation of the Ministry of Sound iOS mobile app. Implemented Chromecast support and prepared the app for vehicle dashboard integration (Ford, Rover, and Jaguar).
- Rewrote the Croatian National Tourist Board iOS mobile app using upgraded design and coding standards.
- Led the technical aspects of various projects and all projects as a whole.
- Contributed to SOAP service design and created an iOS shopping app.
- Created an audio player engine as well as an offline data caching mechanism. Made an active m3u8 parser for HLS audio support. Gained proficiency in reproducing various HTTP audio streaming formats.
- Helped rewrite an existing C-based server engine into C++.
- Upgraded and maintained a PKI smart card CMS system used for personalized systems.
- Wrote SOAP server execution scripts for CMS system interaction.
- Developed a proprietary server/dispatcher/client system with load-balancing support.
- Helped upgrade and port a Linux-based UI editor to Windows, using an open-source UI component library.
CS Computer Systems
- Designed a CMS system for multimedia-based articles.
- Created CMS plugins for various multimedia item processing.
- Integrated a video clip processing engine with the CMS.
- Mentored a teammate during the creation of an administrator section of the CMS.
- Worked on improving a company website by creating a cross-team chat service.
Web and Back-end Developer
- Developed the Trouble ticketing system for the university's network.
- Created a network node fallout-point detection and graph formation.
- Designed surveillance scripts for network traffic monitoring.
- Helped construct the NOC MON intranet. This included various scripting, scheduling, and Linux-based system distribution.
- Created a script for collecting router diagnostic information.
An Interactive Book Engine Made in Unreal Enginehttps://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1512474664
My role was that of a product/project lead where I've directed the development and planning process for a team of two developers, an illustrator, two translators (for Russian and Japanese book versions), and a marketing specialist.
Due to a meticulous planning process, the project got converted to a book-making engine which enabled the client to white-label it. This, in turn, allowed the client to offer it to multiple publishing companies.
The first book published using the engine is Tales of the Wind–the book of myths and legends.
As a night elf, your goal is to steal the light of all of the living creatures you encounter, thus prolonging the night. But beware—once the sun rises, you'll be disintegrated because, as with all of the night's creatures, you can't exist during daylight.
I'm currently acting as a project manager and product/team lead on the project. The team's setup is an illustrator, three developers, and a commercialist.
An Interactive AR-based Assembly Tool
The process itself is divided into two steps. The first step is determining the exact position, scale, and orientation of the scanned object. Once ARKit detects the object—let's say it's a car model chassis—it places the roof and other parts into the scene. The user can then select the virtual objects and assemble them over the real-life object so, when seen through the phone screen, it seems as the object's been assembled in real life.
I've acted as a project lead and sole developer while continually maintaining communication with the company owner and the marketing team.
A White-label Prototype eCommerce Application
I've been the sole developer on the project and acted as a client consultant.
Marriott Careers Job Search Chatbothttps://www.messenger.com/t/marriottjobsandcareers
I contributed as the lead developer/architect. I was involved in creating production/staging AWS environments, writing back-end logic in Node.js, writing bot flows in Rivescript (on Rundexter platform), NPL (on Dialogflow, former API.ai), sentiment analysis, database schema, and more.
Ministry of Sound LIVE
It was unfortunately taken offline due to business reasons, but one can see its design in this article: http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a677135/ministry-of-sound-launches-247-live-streaming-app/
The live link shows one of its awesome animations—a visual spectrum analyzer.
My role was that of a project lead where I've closely collaborated with product owners and the project manager. I've also been responsible for synchronizing tasks between project teams (Fire TV, iOS, Android, Car integrations) and creating a core audio engine module for the iOS version of the product.
I've acted as a lead developer (in a team of two) and a project manager for development, design, and marketing teams.
Col the Colourful Cathttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1isJJ0aFvON7i96qx1Pr_GpGX-FhLdN_J
My role was that of a project manager for a team of one illustrator, one marketing specialist, and one developer (myself).
Dubrovnik Walls Audio Tourhttps://apps.apple.com/ua/app/dubrovnik-walls-3d-audio-tour/id1531847629
My role as a project manager included synchronizing a team of three developers.
Fun fact: The city model is the one used in The Game of Thrones to represent King's Landing. It was offered as a courtesy of the company that created it. But of course, we've needed to drastically cut down the polygon count to make it run on iOS and Android devices.
ARKit, Cocos2d, UIKit, iOS SceneKit, Cocos2d-x, AFNetworking, Core Data, ReactiveCocoa, Metal, Unreal Engine, ASP, ASP.NET, Boost, SwiftUI, Next.js
Core Audio, RxSwift, REST APIs, Alamofire, OctoPrint API, Stripe API, Stripe Connect, Firebase iOS SDK, Facebook Messenger API, Wit.ai, Node.js, wxWidgets, Parse SDK, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Amazon API, Vimeo API
iOS Instruments, Jira, Bitbucket, GitHub, Git, Subversion (SVN), Redmine, SourceTree, Xcode, Perforce, Figma, Boost.Build, Dialogflow, Slack, Sublime Text, GitLab, Jenkins, AWS CLI, Terminal, Houdini, Blender, Google Analytics, Terraform
Requirements Analysis, Promise, Reactive Programming, Concurrent Programming, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Unit Testing, Mobile Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
iOS, OS X, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, Api.ai, Windows, Cocos2d-JS, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Android, Linux, Blockchain
MySQL, IBM Informix, IBM Informix Dynamic Server, MySQL Daemon, SQLite, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, HSQL, PostgreSQL
Team Leadership, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), In-app Purchases, Mobile App Development, Mobile Game Development, SDKs, Technical Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Metrics, System Architecture, System Architecture Design, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Integration Testing, Code Architecture, Code Review, AVFoundation, Character Creator, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), APIs, API Integration, Video Streaming, LangChain, OpenAI GPT-4 API, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Blueprints Visual Scripting, Game Development, Panther Tool Suite, 3D Modeling, Audio Streaming, Google Data Studio, Audio Engines, Data Reporting, Stripe Payments, Stripe Marketplace, Chatbots, Games, 2D Games, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Design, Unreal Engine 5, IIS, Chromecast, Shaders, Deployment, Funnel Analysis, 3D Printing, Slackbot, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Cryptocurrency Wallets, Cryptocurrency Development, AIVA
Project Management, Automotive
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing - Zagreb, Croatia