Verified Expert in Engineering
Mirko has more than 20 years of experience in database design, development, and optimization. He's had the opportunity to work with the most used database platforms: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. He's optimized database queries, indexes, and settings for databases with extreme workloads. Mirko has also developed solutions for customers from the US, Russia, Czech Republic, Germany, Norway, Serbia, and Bosnia.
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Modeling
The most amazing...
...performance improvement I've achieved was redesigning a query generator accessing tables with billions of rows, improving performance 12 to 80 times.
Senior Database Engineer
- Redesigned the CIMEX financial data mart to achieve reliable and consent data load multiple times daily.
- Reduced load time for various financial reports by data model design introducing star schema with outriggers and role-playing dimensions.
- Trained data engineers in SQL development best practices.
Senior Database Engineer
- Optimized PL/pgSQL and SQL functions and indexes before the EU soccer championship, reducing overall CPU load by 60%.
- Redesigned the indexes on payment-related tables, reducing data reads by 40%.
- Reduced ticket evaluation for big matches (200,000+ tickets) from 40 minutes to less than 2 minutes.
Senior Database Specialist
- Developed and optimized MySQL query generation patterns for a financial services proveder. Improved query performance 12 to 80 times from the previous version.
- Developed SQL Server stored procedures and triggers for Faraj Fund, UAE.
- Built PostgreSQL functions and optimized queries and indexes for TV Nova, Czech Republic.
- Created the scheduling algorithm and the database model and developed MySQL queries for the 3v3 football tournaments portal, Phoniax, Norway.
- Designed and developed a SQL Server reporting database for Blue Rabbit, DKNY's exclusive distributor in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Designed a POS application for Blue Rabbit in the Czech Republic.
- Developed Oracle PL/SQL packages of data synchronization between provisioning and billing system for MTS, a telecom operator in Serbia.
Quality Assurance Manager
SitronicsTS, Prague, Czech Republic
- Managed the quality assurance department, including test analysis, test execution, test automation, test data preparation, integration testing, and performance testing teams.
- Participated in the design and establishment of SDLC and QA processes.
- Managed product testing of various telecom OSS/BSS deliveries in Russia, Czech Republic, Germany, Uganda, and Serbia.
Time Import, Prague, Czech Republic
- Gathered and manage requirements for KUSCK, Czech Republic.
- Deployed, configured, and managed the subversion version control system.
- Designed high-level architecture of KUSCK customer portal back-end.
Tmp Worldwide (Monster), Maynard (USA), Prague Czech Republic
- Developed stored procedures for a campaign management data mart.
- Reviewed code and trained more than 40 developers in T-SQL best practices.
- Designed indexes and optimized stored procedures for job seekers, employers, and mass sender subsystems.
Ad Astra, Prague, Czech Republic
- Developed PL/SQL packages implementing Wholesales Billing API for GTS (telecom operator), Czech Republic.
- Designed the logical and physical model for GTS Wholesales Billing.
- Introduced unit testing for PL/SQL stored procedures and functions inside PL/SQL packages.
Database Team Leader
Strom Telecom, Doubravice, Czech Republic
- Designed, developed, optimized, and administered massive telecom databases for clients in Russia, Czech Republic, and Germany.
- Designed the database model of wholesales billing and least cost routing for Callax and Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Migrated the telecom billing system from SQL Server to Oracle.
- Implemented central ODS of telecom billing for MGTS, Moscow.
Query Engine for Financial Market Data
Portal for Job Seekershttps://www.monster.com/
FORIS - OSS/BSS System for MTS, Moscowhttps://moskva.mts.ru/personal
PERSON Redesign for TV Nova, Czech Republichttps://tv.nova.cz/
Ticket Evaluation Optimizationhttps://www.sts.pl/
T-SQL (Transact-SQL), PL/pgSQL, SQL, Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Python 3
Database Development, Database Design, ETL
SQL Server 2000, PostgreSQL, Database Modeling, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, Azure SQL
Database Optimization, Performance Tuning, Indexing, Data Modeling, Embarcadero RAD Studio, Azure Data Factory
TFS, Subversion (SVN), IBM Rational ClearQuest, Git, Jira
Master's Degree in Computer Science on the Faculty of Mathematics
University of Belgrade - Belgrade, Serbia