Muhammad Asim Bilal
Asim is a full-stack developer who developed many large-scale projects from scratch while using MERN stack technologies for web applications and React Native for Android and iOS mobile applications. He enjoys working both as a solo developer and within a powerful team. Asim thrives in environments where he can learn, experiment with new technologies, and increase his knowledge.
MacOS, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Postman, Slack, Teams, Google Meet, Jira, Notion, GitHub
The most amazing...
...applications I've worked on are BlueJay health apps with a vast user base serving a great cause while saving lives.
React/Next.js Front-end Developer
- Modernized their legacy codebase by integrating the latest technologies and implementing numerous UI/UX enhancements on their mobile platform.
- Employed industry best practices to implement the desktop components of their application.
- Created multiple custom React hooks that effectively centralized a significant amount of logic.
- Refactored a significant amount of code to enhance performance, improve developer-friendliness, eliminate deprecated code, and modularize the components.
- Collaborated with their team to perform unit and UI testing, pair programming, and resolve a substantial number of bugs.
Senior Full-stack Engineer and Mobile App Developer
Wash - Software Development Group
- Contributed to Wash Connect as a senior team member by fixing bugs, refactoring code, converting to TypeScript, adding features, and conducting code reviews.
- Played a key role in revitalizing the WashOps app by rebuilding it from scratch with improved UI/UX, incorporating a powerful offline mode that runs with all features, resolving multiple bugs, and creating comprehensive code documentation.
- Resolved numerous API issues for the WashOps app and successfully deployed the server-side code on AWS EC2.
Lead Full-stack Engineer
- Delivered an MVP of Genius Ventures' main application in record time with minimum bugs.
- Carried out the project from an MVP to production with great success.
- Oversaw the launch process, resulting in over 100,000 active users daily.
- Participated in the recruitment process to hire more highly skilled developers.
- Developed and maintained the architecture of their web apps.
- Designed an architecture for a distributed system that managed the lifecycle and state of game instances.
- Developed a multi-region game instance provisioning system to provide a low-latency experience for a pixel-streaming game platform.
- Introduced several techniques to increase system scalability and avoid performance bottlenecks.
- Integrated several tools within a system to provide telemetry-based observability dashboards used to trace and monitor user experience across the system.
- Developed a custom speech-to-text converter and a gesture recognition system using Python.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
The Ashley Group LLC
- Worked on their existing application to add a new feature and refactor the existing codebase to fix major bugs and improve the user experience.
- Tracked and fixed bugs in both their front-end and back-end applications.
- Oversaw major releases and worked on user feedback.
- Built excellent user interfaces using React, Next.js, and TypeScript.
- Built scalable APIs using Nest.js, Firebase, and TypeScript.
- Collaborated with designers and clients directly to ensure maximum product quality.
- Played a crucial role in the team by consistently providing a different perspective and the expertise to lean toward the best solutions.
Senior Full-stack Developer | Tech Lead
BlueJay Mobile Health
- Developed two of their main web applications—BlueJayTelehealth and BlueJayEngage—from the ground up and made them successful, with more than 100,000 active providers and patients.
- Managed a team of nine developers and ensured the software development lifecycle was smooth and seamless.
- Oversaw all the releases and customer feedback and worked on improving and making it the best in its league.
- Awarded a certificate for the developer of the year.
- Developed marketing websites for their products with Next.js and TypeScript.
- Implemented SEO strategies on their websites to maximize visibility.
- Developed a custom payment gateway solution by connecting with a local bank for the client.
Lead Full-stack Developer
- Played a key role in three of the big projects and built them from the ground up with a team of five people.
- Trained five interns in using React for building a complex and scalable application from scratch.
- Reviewed codes and oversaw the application merging and deploying.
- Built the foundation for the biggest project—Vonza—and worked with a team to complete it.
- Ensured that the code quality was good and understandable for everyone; worked directly with the clients to build products.
- Oversaw the launch process from the ground up to a successful business with more than 100,000 active customers.
- Collaborated with many small clients and built their business websites.
- Ensured that all the clients were satisfied with the freelancers.
- Partnered with other freelancers to boost each other's careers.
The app includes:
• simple scheduling system to organize both video visits and in-clinic appointments;
• one-on-one or group sessions;
• SOAP notes taken during Telehealth meetings that are easily transferred to any EMR platform;
• AI-powered digital goniometer to quickly assess the patients' range of motion (ROM) without any need for additional hardware;
• exercise videos and observing patients' movements in real-time during the video visits;
• taking screenshots and storing them for easier access to review progress; and
• collaborative whiteboard during the video visit.
I worked on this project as the only developer and ensured that the video call quality was good and secure for enterprises. The project resulted in over 3,000 active providers and 80,000 active patients.
It includes features like:
• secure HIPAA-compliant interface that ensures privacy of all records;
• AI-powered patient assessment tool to monitor patients’ progress;
• home exercise programs and therapies delivered digitally;
• video visits with excellent video and audio quality;
• assessments and measurements of range of motion with an AI-powered tool during Telehealth meetings;
• easy record-keeping of ROM measurements saved in PDF or video files;
• improvement assessments in mobility by tracking progress in patient’s movements;
• SOAP notes that are marked down during meetings and stored in any EMR platform;
• customized therapeutic exercise programs comprised of easy-to-follow instructional videos; and
• adherence to the prescribed exercises is automatically recorded.
I worked on this project within a team and in the healthcare department.
I worked on this project as the only developer by developing two mobile apps—for a customer and driver— a website, back end, and an admin panel. I used React, Redux, Redux Thunk, Redux Toolkit, Bootstrap, Material-UI, Socket.IO, and TypeScript on the front end. On the back end, I used Node.js, Express, MongoDB, AWS, AWS EC2, and Cloudinary. The mobile apps are intended for both Android and iOS using React Native. For version control, I used Git.
I was part of a team, and my role was to work on the application's front end and back end using the MERN stack. The project resulted in major success with more than 100,000 customers.
React Native, MUI (Material UI), Bootstrap, Next.js, Express.js, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Cypress, NestJS, Angular, Koa, AngularJS, Jest, Swagger, .NET, Django
Node.js, Socket.IO, React, Coinbase API, React Router, REST APIs, Flexbox, React Redux, Google Maps, Stripe, Chart.js, Konva, Stripe API, AWS Amplify, LocalStorage, WebRTC, Web3.js, Vue, Vuex, Vue 2, OpenAPI, AmplifyJS
Git, Redux Thunk, Postman, Figma, GitHub, MetaMask, Bitbucket, Stripe Checkout, PostCSS, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), GitLab, Webpack, NGINX, Auth0, Terraform, Jira, Amazon CloudFront CDN, WiX, Slack, Notion, AWS CLI, AWS CloudFormation, Xcode, Android Studio, Expo
Agile, REST, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Mobile Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Acceptance Testing, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), App Development, Marketplace Platforms, B2B, DevOps, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Mobile, AWS Lambda, Linux, Amazon EC2, Heroku, Firebase, BigCommerce, Contentful, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Blockchain, Shopify, iOS, Android
MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL
Web Design, Social Media
Redux Toolkit, Amazon Chime, APIs, Full-stack, Front-end, Back-end, Cloud, Charts, Metrics, User Experience (UX), SaaS, Front-end Development, Web Applications, AWS Cloud Architecture, Payment APIs, Admin Panels, Dashboards, Analytics, Full-stack Development, Third-party APIs, Team Leadership, Web Development, Responsive UI, Mobile Web, Web & Mobile Applications, Leadership, Chakra UI, DOM, App Design, API Design, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Lambda Functions, Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, WebSockets, Video Streaming, API Integration, Scraping, Software Architecture, Technical Leadership, Product Development, Remote Team Leadership, Code Review, Consulting, Web UI, Web UX, MERN Stack, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Online Payments, CI/CD Pipelines, PDF, CRM APIs, Remix, Online Auctions, Plugins, Cloudinary, Vercel, Push Notifications, Crypto, Alchemy, Content Management Systems (CMS), Apollo, CSS Grid, User Interface (UI), Fintech, Stripe Payments, Storybook, Serverless, Amazon RDS, Cryptocurrency Wallets, Integration Testing, HubSpot, Teams, Google Meet
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Virtual University of Pakistan - Lahore, Pakistan