Verified Expert in Engineering
Munira is a self-motivated full-stack engineer with an inquisitive mind interested in understanding how things work under the hood. Passionate about design, she's worked for a few years in a multimedia studio. As a math enthusiast, she's competed in math olympiads in the past. In 2017 she decided to switch careers from finance to IT by building a cross-platform mobile app in a personal startup project. Munira is looking for projects that allow her to work with the latest technologies.
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Slack, Postman, Docker, Jira, Teams
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was developing microservices for a payment gateway system that serves billions of transactions annually.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Wrote migration scripts to keep database collections up to date with new fields as part of the changing business requirements.
- Rewrote a significant component based on the updated business requirements on both the front and back end.
- Proposed new ideas for a more effective and efficient code review process.
- Refactored parts of the codebase using clean code practices trying to reduce technical debt.
- Implemented infinite scrolling for a catalog of cards which increased the loading speed by 400%.
- Built new features, made enhancements in the current codebase, and fixed bugs.
- Implemented REST API endpoints for different microservices.
- Managed the team's code review process and reviewed colleagues' pull requests.
- Wrote documentation for new features and updated the docs reflecting the latest enhancements.
- Maintained a monolith application during the process of transition to a microservice architecture.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using Mocha and Chai.
Country Coordinator and Mentor
The Rolling Scopes School
- Managed the mentoring program for hundreds of students at a free online front-end development course on a country level.
- Helped students with their homework and conducted additional one-on-one sessions on demand.
- Checked students’ homework and provided relevant feedback.
- Managed and conducted students interviews at the entry-level and before graduation.
- Organized online and offline tech events involving an international audience.
- Motivated developers from local tech communities to join the mentoring program and worked with them towards a collective goal.
- Implemented REST API endpoints on the company's portfolio application.
- Added new features and fixed errors on demand both on the front and the back end.
- Developed a Redux store for new entities in the application.
- Rewrote class components into functional ones using React Hooks on the admin side.
- Added proxy servers to store assets on remote machines.
- Restyled a responsive UI layout according to new design specs.
- Implemented server-side rendering for new components.
- Wrote UI tests using Jest, Enzyme, and the React Testing Library and fixed the server-side tests using Mocha, Chai, and Sinon.
- Built the architecture for a mobile app that connects like-minded people.
- Designed and built UI components for web and mobile apps.
- Implemented REST API endpoints and built a responsive web application.
Coordinator at the Center for Entrepreneurship
Westminster International University in Tashkent
- Developed the concept of the center for entrepreneurship and worked with key stakeholders analyzing the challenges startups face in Uzbekistan.
- Organized seminars for students and young entrepreneurs by inviting successful business owners from Uzbekistan to share their experiences.
- Planned and organized startup events, including a startup competition for more than 50 startups, and consulted students and staff members on issues related to launching new business projects.
Senior Lecturer in Finance, Math and Business
Westminster International University in Tashkent
- Delivered sessions on developing a small business, fundamentals of finance and accounting, cost and financial management, and math modules.
- Prepared the teaching and assessment material and ensured the quality of teaching.
- Dealt with exams and other assessment-related work and advised students on academic issues.
- Managed projects and worked directly with clients.
- Prepared contracts and handled the company's internal documentation.
- Built and submitted financial statements to tax agencies.
- Designed templates in Adobe Photoshop for web applications and created animations in Adobe Flash.
- Helped the development team to code web-based applications in PHP.
I worked on the portal as a full-stack developer responsible for UI redesign and back-end development. In this engagement, we stored project-related data, technology stacks, screenshots, and other artifacts.
Time Management System
Leadership, Teams, Finance, Cost Accounting, Mathematics, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, MERN Stack, Back-end Development, Enzyme, React Testing Library, APIs, Technical Leadership, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX)
Express.js, Redux, Hapi.js, React Native, Jest, NestJS, Jasmine
Node.js, React, REST APIs, Chai
Git, Mongoose, Adobe Photoshop, GitHub, Mocha, Postman, Adobe Illustrator, Jira, Adobe Flash, GitLab
REST, Management, Scrum, Kanban, Agile, Microservices, Responsive Web Design (RWD)
MongoDB, Redis, MySQL
Docker, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, iOS
Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship, New Venture Creation
Lund University - Lund, Sweden
Bachelor's Degree in Business Computing
Westminster International University in Tashkent - Tashkent, Uzbekistan