Nathan has been developing web applications with Ruby on Rails since 2009 and iOS applications with Swift since 2015. He can pick up new programming languages or frameworks very quickly and is comfortable with a wide variety of technologies. Nathan is passionate about solving problems with elegant and maintainable code and delivers high-quality work on time.
Chrome, ITerm, Xcode, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Figma, Bash, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a Raspberry Pi-controlled microwave oven, programmed using C, Java, and Ruby.
Founder | CEO
- Designed and built the DocSpring application with Ruby on Rails and React.
- Managed marketing, support, enterprise sales, and all other customer-facing activities.
- Migrated the application from Heroku to AWS and managed infrastructure, security, and monitoring.
Co-founder | CTO
- Architected the HDWR iOS application and back end.
- Set up a media transcoding pipeline on AWS.
- Wrote back-end services in Rails and Parse cloud code.
- Created unit and acceptance tests for the iOS app using Quick and KIF.
- Managed the project and other developers on the team.
- Built an integration to synchronize Spree and MYOB.
- Maintained and improved Errbit, an open-source error tracker.
- Maintained and added many features to Fat Free CRM (open source CRM software written with Ruby on Rails).
- Built a time-tracking service for volunteers, including a physical terminal with a hardware octopus card reader.
- Built and maintained an online store to sell fair trade products using Spree.
- Achieved and maintained PCI compliance for our online store.
It is my most popular project on GitHub, with over 1,000 stars.
Raspberry Pi Powered Microwavehttp://madebynathan.com/2013/07/10/raspberry-pi-powered-microwave/
I wrote the software using Ruby, C, and Java.
iCloud Photos Downloaderhttps://github.com/ndbroadbent/icloud_photos_downloader
Ruby on Rails (RoR), React Native, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 4, Ruby on Rails 3, Ember.js, Chrome, AngularJS
React Native for Web, Sidekiq, React, Backbone.js, jQuery, REST APIs, Node.js, Ruby on Rails API, Vue
Git, RSpec, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Capistrano, Xcode, Visual Studio, ITerm, Sketch, Figma, Flow
Amazon EC2, Docker, Heroku, Linux, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Parse, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon, iOS, CentOS, Rackspace, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, PostgreSQL, Memcached, MongoDB, MySQL
Software Development, Regular Expressions, Text Processing, APIs
Agile Software Development