Verified Expert in Engineering
Neal is a senior consultant, database expert, and technical project manager (PMP-certified) who brings a wealth of knowledge and over two decades of experience to the table. He is well-versed in agile, website, and SaaS application development, Cloud, DBA, and other technical aspects. Neal has acted as a CIO at startup companies and touched every IT infrastructure aspect.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Linux, Windows, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), CIO, Web Development, WordPress, SQL, Integration Testing, Looker, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), APIs, API Integration, REST APIs, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Architecture, BPM
The most amazing...
...database project I've worked on was the one that enabled legal wine shipping throughout the US.
Database Architect and Developer
- Updated and optimized an intelligent file transfer application with a SQL database back end.
- Used various tools and techniques to make routines run more quickly and efficiently.
- Created reporting tables to increase reports by up to 80%.
- Scripted nightly tasks to summarize the daily information for a quicker output.
- Oversaw company security, including firewalls, WAFs, and external firms.
- Handled IT infrastructure, both internal and cloud.
- Interfaced with vendors, resources, developers, and internal staff.
- Managed IT and infrastructure projects for the entire company.
- Worked on a number of website projects, mainly using WordPress, PHP, and MySQL. Managed several PMP-certified developers using Agile methods.
- Handled database consulting projects using my DBA and SQL development skills.
- Oversaw eCommerce and SaaS application launches with various companies.
- Used web scraping to scrape websites for data from both static and dynamic web pages. Ported the scraped data to SQL Server for analysis and reporting.
Database Administrator, Application Developer, Project Manager
SSI Investment Management
- Managed and administered multiple SQL Server instances.
- Managed and updated the company website, including the database back end.
- Oversaw the development of portfolio management and trading applications.
Database Administrator, Website Developer, App Developer
Preferred Convention Services, Inc.
- Designed and created the database schema.
- Oversaw database administration.
- Developed a web application using .NET.
- Designed and developed the website.
Senior Database Administrator, Architect, Developer
- Designed and created the database schema.
- Oversaw the monitoring, upgrades, security, backups, and archiving for the database.
- Developed the database with a focus on queries, stored procedures, views, and performance optimization.
PostgreSQL Architect and Developer
- Optimized a very large database.
- Added missing indexes, optimized queries, and suggested schema changes.
- Improved the platform configuration to allow the database to run more optimally.
Shop Hotel Beds Directhttp://www.shophbd.com
No-code Developers Freelance Platformhttps://www.no-codedevelopers.com/
Tableau Reports for TV Audience Analysis
Counselors of Real Estate Portalhttp://www.cre.org
Python Web Scrape into SQL Server
SQL: Use Report Summary Table if Available
Techniques used include testing for table existence, testing for available data, creating minimum and maximum functions inline to test for minimum and maximum dates between two supplied, joining with a view, and UNION multiple queries.
Housing Credit Score Proof of Concepthttps://www.exposure.com/
ShopVOX Database Projecthttp://www.shopvox.com
American Cancer Society - ACS Heroeshttp://www.acsheroes.org
pgAdmin, Adobe CQ, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Jira, Query Plan, Adobe ColdFusion, GitHub, Visual Studio, Looker, Asana, SolarWinds, Microsoft Project
Windows, Windows Server, WordPress, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Linux, Azure, WooCommerce
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2012, Azure SQL, Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Database Administration (DBA), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Performance, Database Modeling, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, SQL CLR
Project Management, Security, Healthcare
Performance Optimization, Import/Export, CIO, Machine Learning, Data Queries, Web Development, Performance Tuning, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, APIs, Reporting, BI Reporting, Business Administration, International Affairs, Web Scraping, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Statistical Methods, Integration Testing, Dashboards, API Integration, Payment APIs, Plugins, Web Crawlers, Search, SEO Tools, Elementor, Gravity Forms, Shipping Management, Monday.com, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Mobile Back-end, BPM, IT Management, IT Project Management, Web Project Management, Certified Project Manager, Public Speaking, Computer Science, IT Projects
Genesis Framework, .NET, Flutter, Selenium, Ruby on Rails 5
WooCommerce API, Stripe API, REST APIs, jQuery
Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Project Management, Unit Testing, B2B, Data-driven Design
Master's Degree in Business Administration
University of San Francisco - San Francisco, CA
Bachelor's Degree in Statistics and Computer Science
UC Berkeley - Berkeley, CA, USA
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Public Speaking Certification