Verified Expert in Engineering
Nicholas is an entrepreneur who is extremely dedicated and passionate about producing high-quality creative solutions that meet business goals. He has a broad range of experience working in the communication design industry—covering graphic design, web development, UI/UX design, project management, and building lasting relationships.
Git, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a helper class that checks if the requested image size exists, returning a self-generated placeholder image using a data URL.
- Implemented cPanel administration to set up WordPress sites, DNS configuration, and Linux server configuration.
- Developed custom themes and plugins to suit the client's needs (used PHP).
- Executed search engine optimization (SEO) for sites by investigating keywords, implementing it into the site, and tracking the reports.
- Used Next.js dynamic routing to build sites for around 50 John Deere dealers.
- Used DatoCMS to build custom fields and hold all data for the dealers, product range, and page content.
- Implemented custom tracking with Google Analytics and built custom reports for the client to track the custom metrics.
GrowHealthy (via Pocket Made)
- Launched a new eCommerce site that saw an increase of 249% in daily online sales.
- Implemented a multi-inventory solution for WooCommerce.
- Built custom functionality for online and pickup orders.
- Utilized WooCommerce hooks and filters to customize checkout.
Marriott Vacation Club (via Pocket Made)
- Led the development of a Gutenberg solution to enable marketing to build landing pages.
- Implemented GitFlow and code reviews to streamline the development process.
- Worked alongside branding to develop landing pages.
- Implemented Adobe Analytics to newly created landing pages.
- Effectively worked with a remote team spanning PST and EST time zones.
Senior WordPress Developer
Opie Marketing Group
- Developed a pixel-perfect custom theme from provided Zeplin and Sketch resources.
- Utilized Advanced Custom Fields to build custom Gutenberg blocks.
- Collaborated with a remote team spanning London, Toronto, and Argentina.
- Created custom Gutenberg blocks utilizing ACF to build out a custom theme to match the provided design.
- Implemented Advanced Custom Fields for easy customization or development of new pages.
- Created responsive designs based on provided desktop design.
- Integrated the site with HubSpot to pull in data from the HubSpot API.
- Implemented Greenhouse.io API to pull in available careers.
- Developed a Greenhouse.io job board to enable potential candidates to apply for open positions on the site.
The New Wall Street
- Created a membership-based portal where customers could log in and see their cryptocurrency order history.
- Added price ticker information for the cryptocurrencies and other stocks.
- Implemented a KYC GreenID verification system to make it mandatory for users to verify that they were in fact who they said they were.
- Rebuilt a cryptocurrency order form with the current buy/sell price.
- Implemented a Zoho API SDK.
- Created a WordPress helper class which checks if the requested image size exists, it does this by checking the filename and also image dimensions. If it doesn't exist the class will return a self-generated placeholder image as data URI.
- Built a multi-language feature which allows for translation of each label without using PO or MO files; enabling client ease of use.
- Engaged with external agencies and directed the major redesign of the UI/UX for the Carcloud platform.
- Worked on a wide variety of client sites to restyle the Carcloud base theme in line with corporate design guidelines.
- Worked with GitFlow to maintain the codebase.
The Schaefer Group
- Developed eCommerce sites with HTML, Sass, and PHP.
- Managed and developed an EDM campaign.
- Built PHP custom plugins.
- Set up of WordPress sites, MySQL databases, and configured the domain DNS.
- Created paid, animated advertisements (Google Ad-based).
JG King Homeshttps://jgkinghomes.com.au/
Exasol Corporate Sitehttps://www.exasol.com/
• Implemented custom Gutenberg blocks with ACF to allow for easy customization or development of new pages.
• Took provided PSD files and created pixel-perfect, responsive code.
• Implemented the HubSpot API to bring in news and event data.
• Implemented Greenhouse.io API to display current job openings along with the Greenhouse.io job board to allow for potential candidates to apply for any position on the site.
• Created a custom, Ajax-based, add-to-cart, and plus/minus system to speed up ticket purchase.
• Developed a gift voucher solution to allow people to send vouchers to gift recipients.
• Built a custom responsive theme using MVC, OOP, PHP along with SCSS and jQuery.
• Took Sketch files and created pixel-perfect responsive code.
Equestic eCommerce Site
I was tasked with the UI/UX design as well as the development.
Boutique Equines eCommercehttps://www.boutiqueequines.com.au/
Ricky Nowak Leadership
Technologies: HTML, SCSS, jQuery, PHP, Laravel, Sage Theme, Roots.io, YouTube, and Mailchimp.
Ricky Nowak UI/UXhttps://dribbble.com/shots/4372189-Ricky-Nowak-UI-Layout
Ricky Nowak Coaching
Technologies: HTML, SCSS, jQuery, PHP, Laravel, Sage Theme, Roots.io
Redesign of the Carcloud Platform
Boutique Equines eCommerce UI Designhttps://dribbble.com/shots/4372249-Boutique-Equines-eCommerce-Layout
Technologies: Sketch, InVision.
Dollar New Zealandhttps://www.dollarcarrental.co.nz/
Betfair WordPress Site Redevelopment
WordPress, WooCommerce, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress Theme Design, Zendesk, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), YouTube, Klaviyo, Craft CMS
WP Engine, MySQL
WordPress Themes, WordPress Design, APIs, API Connectors, GitFlow, WordPress Plugins, eCommerce Development, Front-end, Back-end Development, User Experience (UX), Ajax, Full-stack, Sage 9, EDM, Videos, Vimeo, HubSpot, Gravity Forms, Translation, DatoCMS, Web Development, PHP 8, Sage WordPress Theme
Bedrock, Laravel 5, Next.js, Laravel, Twig, Tailwind CSS
WordPress API, REST APIs, jQuery, Infusionsoft API, Instagram API, React, Vue
Git, Roots, Gutenberg Editor, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator CC, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), GitHub, Zapier, Atom, Flash, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Greenhouse, Sketch, Webpack, Gulp, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro CC
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Model View Controller (MVC), Agile
Diploma in Multimedia (Web Design)
SAE Technology College - Melbourne, Australia