Front-end Developer2018 - 2018Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Technologies: React, Redux, React Router, Material UI, Axios
- With a team, created the front-end for a new platform for a large nonprofit organization that provides nutritional assessments to schools.
- Led the development of many different interactive page scopes that performed CRUD API operations.
- Implemented custom CSS visualizations to help users gain an intuitive sense of the platform's core metrics.
- Styled the application according to the mockups provided by the client.
- Gained the client's appreciation for the ability to discover problems in the spec provided and offering suggestions to solve them.
API/SDK Lead2014 - 2018Occasion
Technologies: HTML, Sass, Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, Redux, React Router, Spreedly, Square, Heroku, PostgreSQL, JSON API, ActiveResource, Mitragyna
- Headed an effort to re-engineer the foundation of the company’s entire code base—increasing quality, accelerating development, and lowering user interaction wait times.
- Collaborated using Agile to release an enterprise API using the JSON API standard—elevating the company to a greater strategic position in the marketplace.
- Followed the release of the company's JSON API by developing a robust JS SDK users described as "fun to use," creating an open-source JS ORM to meet complex demands not satisfied by existing libraries.
- Single-handedly created the cutting-edge next version of the company’s critical product—its consumer-facing widget—using React Redux and the company's SDK.
- Handled feature development involving advanced model architecture and data migration using PostgreSQL.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Doxel AI
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Rails API, SQL, Angular, Graph.js
- Developed a full-stack cloud computing and CMS platform for giving real-time updates to construction project managers using highly innovative deep-learning computer vision AI and robotics currently disrupting the industry.
- Built a 3D panoramic explorer similar to Google Street View that allows users to browse through and click on points in space and message others with instructions.
- Constructed efficient SQL queries for building progress reports of millions of data points, implementing proprietary equations based on specs to detect changes in complex relationships across multiple tables.
- Crafted sleek asynchronous front-end displays for varieties of graphs using Angular and Graph.js.
- Completed the project by its original deadline after being brought on following unexpected setbacks.
Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2017Humanity Rising
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, Redux, Zapier, Twilio, Heroku, WordPress, Photoshop
- Led the technical strategy, development, and operations for a 15,000-user scholarship platform that rewarded students for making a difference in their communities through service.
- Developed a web-and-mobile application framework using Ruby on Rails, React-Redux, and my own open source libraries (see Experience below).
- Designed and maintained a micro-service architecture by combining ad hoc and vendor APIs to scale student volunteer project tracking and leadership training events in Chicago and Memphis.
- Created landing pages, application interfaces, and marketing materials meant to captivate our millennial audience with stunning visual beauty that spoke to the digital native in them.
- Crafted pitches for our CEO to use with Fortune 500 executives, with one exec claiming our pitch was the best presentation they'd seen in their entire career.