CTO2017 - PRESENTEnervalis
Technologies: React, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, MongoDB, Java, Python
- Headed up the engineering team of 20+ software engineers and data scientists.
- Built an IoT solution for the smart energy grid domain.
- Led complex technical projects, from ideation and inception to implementation and delivery.
- Liaised with customers as a primary point of contact.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTToptal
- Worked on various projects, including native iOS apps, React Native apps, and web apps.
Technical Founder2013 - 2017Book Widgets
- Conceptualized, architected, and implemented a SaaS platform for teachers. Our platform lets any teacher, regardless of technical skill level, quickly put together interactive lesson materials for iPads, Chromebooks, and PC.
- Implemented a native iOS app, 40+ HTML5 applications, a web server, and an admin web app.
- Architected to scale to millions of users, using Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Storage, and more.
- Handled marketing and customer communication as well as technical pre-sales support.
- Led a team of five, including software developers, sales and marketing specialists to go from scratch to a 6-figure annual revenue.
Solution Architect2010 - 2013Synopsys
Technologies: Eclipse, Java, Qt, C++
- Architected the merging of three competing products into one overarching solution.
- Worked with customers and R&D teams around the world to learn the different technologies and define the integrated solutions.
- Provided the R&D that ensured that our #1 customer moved over quickly and flawlessly.
Product Architect and Engineering Manager2008 - 2010CoWare
Technologies: Qt, C++
- Managed a software team distributed over three sites in Europe and the USA.
- Defined new products and worked with the marketing department, translating high-level market and customer needs into highly technical products.
- Handled technical due diligence when performing acquisitions.
Principal Software Engineer2000 - 2007CoWare
Technologies: Qt, C++
- Designed and implemented electronic design automation products, mainly written in C++.
- Wrote complex, large-scale software systems in C++ for Linux and Windows platform.
- Created and designed authoring tools, debug tools, and analysis tools.
- Created a framework for high-speed simulations of sophisticated electronic systems like smartphones and digital cameras.
- Contributed to the whole process, from ideation, customer validation, and technical design to implementation and testing.