Software Developer2012 - PRESENTInnovation Center, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked on several projects, some of them pilot projects. The biggest were built for a thermal coal power station in Serbia (TE Kostolac).
- Built one app using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL as a database, and React as a front-end framework. The application shows a map of various businesses in Belgrade and a user can filter them, click on a pin on the map, and see all sorts of information.
- Created another app using Ruby on Rails and Oracle as a database. It keeps track of more than 7,000 types of spare parts for all kinds of vehicles and keeps track of which vehicle can use which part. Users are able to edit parts and filter them.
- Wrote procedures in Oracle PL/SQL for one application to calculate the average fuel consumption for excavators, bulldozers, and other vehicles on the open pit.
- Led the entire development process, including talking to the end customers, building functionalities, testing, deployment, and more.
- Gained experience in handling a demanding freelance schedule and workload.
Ruby on Rails Developer2016 - 2018Traveling Spoon (via Toptal)
Technologies: Backbone.js, Angular, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Implemented many features using Ruby on Rails, Angular, and Backbone.
- Worked with Stripe, PayPal, Mailgun, and Google Maps.
Ruby on Rails Developer2016 - 2016TintManager, LLC (via Toptal)
- Worked on multiple tasks to add new functionalities to the application.
- Made significant improvement in application performances.
- Implemented Handlebars using JSON in a Rails application.
- Implemented a multitenancy feature.
CEO2015 - 2016Phixio
- Developed Phix.io, a startup company, completely by myself.
- Worked on the back end, front end, and deployment.
- Set up payment processing for the company with 2checkout.
- Utilized Cloudinary.com for cloud-based image storage.
- Integrated DigitalOcean for the server hosting platform.
CEO2013 - 2016Warrantly
- Scored a $10,000 investment and joined StartupYard, an accelerator in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Gained new communication skills, pitching for many VCs and angel investors in Prague, Amsterdam, Split, and Belgrade.
- Learned about business development, customer development, and startup metrics; having a great team is a key point for success, and being able to communicate well within the team is a must. Building a product is a rewarding and challenging endeavor.
- Discovered that UX is as important as any other part of building a product, maybe even more important.
- Developed the application itself into a complex solution (Warrant.ly) with v2 currently in progress. It has an API on the back end using Rails, Angular on the front, authentication, authorization, and more.
Software Developer2012 - 2012Deploy, Inc.
Technologies: Android, Hibernate, Spring, Java
- Contributed to two projects, one of which was a complex Android app and the other of which was a Java application for Royal Caribbean International.
- Worked in a team with more than twenty developers, each with a specific assignment.
- Coordinated between the dev team in Serbia and HQ in NYC, working flexible hours to be available during US business hours.
- Learned to work under heavy pressure, despite it also being my first Android experience, since we had a very tight deadline.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Micro Business Solutions
Technologies: Windows Mobile, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Worked with .NET projects, gaining valuable insight into those technologies.
- Met and negotiated with domestic clients.
- Worked on some legacy projects from the '90s and saw firsthand the importance of using new technologies to get the job done much faster and cleaner.
- Learned some valuable lessons about carefully choosing a working environment where things that I value, like quality and honesty, are valued by the company as well.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle, Java
- Created a payroll algorithm with more than 10,000 lines of bug-free code which calculated payrolls for thousands of people at healthcare institutions in Serbia.
- Worked from day one on a project called Moneo (part of HELIANT system) for which the algorithm was developed.
- Worked on the core part of HELIANT system (www.heliant.rs), which represents Electronic Health Record systems (EHRs) designed in Java and is used for monitoring the work of doctors as well as keeping records of patients in these health care institutions.