- Ruby on Rails DeveloperTraveling Spoon (via Toptal)2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Angular, Backbone
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Implemented many features using Ruby on Rails, Angular, and Backbone.
- Worked with Stripe, PayPal, Mailgun, and Google Maps.
- Ruby on Rails DeveloperTintManager, LLC (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Worked on multiple tasks to add new functionalities to the application.
- Made significant improvement in application performances.
- Implemented Handlebars using JSON in a Rails application.
- Implemented a multitenancy feature.
- CEOPhixio2015 - 2016
- Developed Phix.io, a startup company, completely by myself.
- Worked on the back-end, front-end, and deployment.
- Set up payment processing with 2checkout.
- Utilized http://cloudinary.com for cloud image storage.
- Integrated DigitalOcean for the server hosting platform.
- CEOWarrantly2013 - 2016
- Scored a $10k investment and joined StartupYard, an accelerator in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Gained new communication skills, pitching for many VCs and angel investors in Prague, Amsterdam, Split, and Belgrade.
- Learned a lot about business development, customer development, and startup metrics. Having a great team is one of the key points for success and being able to communicate well within the team is a must. Building a product isn't an easy job, and every single part of it has its challenges.
- Discovered that UX is as important as any other part of building a product, maybe even more important.
- Developed the application itself into a complex solution (Warrant.ly) with v2 currently in progress. It has an API on the back-end using Rails, Angular on the front, authentication, authorization, and more.
- Software DeveloperInnovation Center, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering2012 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL
- Worked on two projects, both for a thermal coal power station in Serbia (TE Kostolac).
- Wrote procedures in Oracle PL/SQL for the first application to calculate the average fuel consumption for excavators, bulldozers, and other vehicles on the open pit.
- Built the second using Ruby on Rails and Oracle. It keeps track of more than 7,000 types of spare parts for all kinds of vehicles and keeps track which vehicle can use which part.
- Led the entire development process, including talking to the end customers, building functionalities, testing, deployment, and more.
- Gained experience in handling a demanding freelance schedule and workload.
- Software DeveloperDeploy, Inc.2012 - 2012
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Android
- Contributed to two projects, one of which was a complex Android app and the other of which was a Java application for Royal Caribbean International.
- Worked in a team with more than twenty developers, each with a specific assignment.
- Coordinated between the dev team in Serbia and HQ in NYC, working flexible hours to be available during US business hours.
- Learned to work under heavy pressure, despite it also being my first Android experience, since we had very tight deadline.
- Software DeveloperMicro Business Solutions2011 - 2012
Technologies: C#, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET framework, Windows Mobile
- Worked with .NET projects, gaining valuable insight into those technologies.
- Met and negotiated with domestic clients.
- Worked on some legacy projects from the '90s and saw firsthand the importance of using new technologies to get the job done much faster and cleaner.
- Learned some valuable lessons about carefully choosing a working environment where things that I value, like quality and honesty, are valued by the company as well.
- Software EngineerFaculty of Electrical Engineering2009 - 2011
Technologies: Java, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL
- Created a payroll algorithm with more than 10,000 lines of bug-free code which calculated payrolls for thousands of people at healthcare institutions in Serbia.
- Worked from day one on a project called Moneo (part of HELIANT system) for which the algorithm was developed.
- Worked on the core part of HELIANT system (www.heliant.rs), which represents Electronic Health Record systems (EHRs) designed in Java and is used for monitoring the work of doctors as well as keeping records of patients in these health care institutions.