Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019VarageSale (via Toptal)
- Reengineered an ads implementation.
- Contributed to solving app bottlenecks in high-load areas.
- Added new functionality for a member support microservice.
- Migrated emails from Mailgun to SendGrid.
- Made the app less coupled to the notifications microservice.
Lead Developer2018 - 2019WinOrLose (via Toptal)
- Supported the web-desktop, web-mobile, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Built an MVP in two months.
- Developed a sophisticated feed algorithm.
- Implemented real-time updates, chat, payments, voting, commenting, filtering, an authorization flow, settings, and profile.
- Created it all from scratch.
- Worked on the full cycle of the build, deployment, and push to the Google Play and App Store.
Chief Architect2018 - 2018BidWrangler
- Solved the n+1 issue which had acted as the server bottleneck.
- Introduced caching for the Redux selectors.
- Created an "auction progress" feature.
- Worked remotely with a team spread across the US, Ukraine, Poland, Portugal; used GitHub, Slack, and Zoom.
- Increased test coverage from 75% to 90%.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2018Clade
- Developed the front-end of an admin tool app (React).
- Implemented a Clubhouse-GitHub integration.
- Consulted on the back-end of a GraphQL server's maintenance and set up.
- Created a mechanism for universal email templates for SendGrid synchronization and customization.
Team Leader2016 - 2017Watchtower
- Worked remotely with a team in the US; used Trello, Slack, and Skype to communicate.
- Conducted code reviews for other developers.
- Solved performance issues for the main page with a heavy functionality.
- Created the architecture for the front-end of a web application with real-time updates.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2016A Job Board for Freelance Work
- Implemented a freelancer onboarding flow.
- Provided support for video interviews.
- Implemented designs according to Material Design guidelines.
- Developed Payoneer integrations and a massive payment management tool.
Senior Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Chairlift
- Upgraded the application from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
- Designed and integrated an extensible ACL system with 100% coverage of endpoints on top of Pundit.
- Successfully migrated to a SPA architecture.
- Increased the readability and comprehensiveness of the application by 100% by cleaning up more than 100,000 lines of legacy code.
Full-stack Developer2013 - 2015LevelUp
- Worked as a semantic algorithms domain leader.
- Increased the performance of a keyword tree generation 550 fold by inventing a new algorithm, optimizing SQL queries, and intensively using caching approach.
- Successfully migrated a product from Padrino to Ruby on Rails 4.
- Increased the collection rate from 500 to 50,000 keywords/hour by optimizing the database usage, using a Redis cache, improving the process flow, and separating concerns.
Lead Developer2012 - 2013Cowries Bills
- Set up an integration with the Stripe payment service.
- Created multi-wallet support for international customers.
- Implemented a background multi-process service to handle highly sensitive data.
Full-stack Web Developer2012 - 20133TAPS
- Increased the performance from 100 to 400 requests/sec.
- Developed an API protocol.
- Implemented search, filter, sort, statistics, preview, and favorites modules.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2012DOCOMO
- Implemented calculation and management different leave types for employees in all countries, places, and time zones.
- Worked as a reports domain owner.
- Installed a state machine to handle the leaves states flow.