Node.js Back-end Developer2020 - 2020Rappi Engineering (via Toptal)
- Developed new features that enabled the implementation of complex discount logic to product packs.
- Covered all new and fixed code with unit and integration tests, enabling up to 97% reported coverage.
- Delivered all assigned tasks on time, leading to two consecutive successful sprints.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019Catch New York (via Toptal)
- Created new pages and features.
- Added a localization-driven experience.
- Implemented Redux with local storage persistence to save the user's location preferences.
- Created UI extensions on Contentful to manage location-specific information.
- Created Contentful environments and migrations to replicate content types across environments.
Full-stack Developer (Node.js)2019 - 2019Last Rev LLC (via Toptal)
- Added Sentry monitoring to the back end and the front end.
- Created a standalone app that manages delivery scheduling with React, Firebase authentication, hosting, and cloud functions.
- Added unit tests to server components using Jest.
- Created new Handlebars helpers with unit tests for front-end components.
- Created automated Contentful migrations with Node.js.
AWS Developer2019 - 2019Litify (via Toptal)
- Created an interface that allows secure and encrypted file uploads.
- Added auto-scaled routines to automatically convert files whenever applicable using LibreOffice Headless, GhostScript, and ImageMagick.
- Created an API with an added authorization layer that validates an access token against the client's user base.
- Drafted API documentation and solution architecture diagrams.
- Managed the cloud infrastructure and automation processes in AWS.
Solutions Architect2017 - 2019Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Designed, architected, budgeted, implemented, and managed the underlying infrastructure for a public cloud-based open banking API on Amazon Web Services.
- Assembled the presentation layer for a healthcare customer support app.
- Refactored the AAA model on a custom CRM platform for a large retail bank.
- Assisted in estimating project effort, deadlines, and gross architecture for RFPs alongside potential clients.
- Deployed a company site following the Serverless Architecture model.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017JP7 | Evolving Software
- Created a scalable, highly available API for serving animated countdown GIFs that are used by the largest retail group in Brazil and is accessed by millions of people on a daily basis.
- Wrote unit and functional tests for most of the existing and maintained applications and applied continuous integration.
- Contributed to the development of React Native apps for the music and video streaming industry.
- Provided tech support and participated in meetings with one of the company's largest clients.
Development Lead2015 - 2015Shapeness
Technologies: HTML, CSS, COBOL, PHP
- Migrated a COBOL-based ERP system that catered to car dealerships to PHP—eliminating the need for command line interfaces and constant need of SSH to access the system.
- Led the migration team—planned and distributed tasks which resulted in a greater throughput than expected.
- Created frameworks to adapt to the situation of a PHP system needing to consume a COBOL API and make the job easier for the team, therefore increasing throughput.
- Instantiated development processes and procedures based on the Scrum Guide with 1 week long sprints and daily and weekly meetings.
- Reported on a weekly basis to the immediate superior on task statuses, difficulties, and next week's planning.
Development Intern2013 - 2015Lanetworks
Technologies: CSS, PHP
- Maintained an ERP system for an industrial design company.
- Created a task manager in PHP and manually set up a worker to do such tasks, without the help of a framework (e.g., Laravel).
- Maintained AWS EC2 and RDS instances used to host the ERP.
- Provided customer support through email, phone, and on-site training.
- Exercised both regular commuting and telecommuting at times.