PHP Developer in Atlanta, GA, United States
Full-stack Developer and Founder2017 - PRESENTCatalyst
- Architected a matchmaking marketplace for HR service vendors and corporate buyers to connect and engage more effectively.
- Created a chatbot that drove generation of project briefs by corporate buyers for consumption by our vendor network.
- Built a web crawler to seed our vendor database from publicly available vendor information.
- Developed a Quora-like Q&A forum with threaded comments and voting system.
- Introduced a process-based dashboard for our sales team dashboard that integrated with Hubspot and Slack APIs to grow sales by $200,000 ARR in the first six months of launch.
- Supported multiple subscription types and terms through Stripe API.
Full-stack Developer and Founder2015 - 2017LeadUp
Technologies: PHP, JavSscript, AngularJS, Sass, Chrome Extensions, Slack API, Salesforce API, Stripe API, Nylas API
- Constructed a multitenant sales automation platform for managing outbound lead generation for SMB clients.
- Implemented a design for multi-step, tokenized HTML email campaigns.
- Leveraged automated email parsing and machine learning to maximize deliverability and semi-automate inbox management.
- Built an API for clients to implement dynamic landing pages that would be personalized to the email recipient clicking through.
- Designed a multivariate stat package to help clients benchmark and optimize their campaigns.
- Integrated with Salesforce via API for clients to maintain data consistency with their internal teams.
- Introduced role-specific Chrome extensions to improve each internal team’s throughput.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015NDA
- Developed core technology for a commodities logistics company to provide a marketplace-style trading platform to its clients.
- Automated discovery and cost calculation of the optimum real-time logistics path between any two client locations globally.
- Implemented a bid/counter trading system that automatically adjusted the price spread based on logistics costs and desired profit margin per deal.
- Integrated with Microsoft Dynamics NAV so completed trades could be initiated with the logistics team immediately.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2015Healthcare Bluebook
- Worked with the client’s team to spec, design, and develop a new portal for their customers.
- Aggregated several years’ worth of individual data points into useable structures for analysis.
- Developed an interactive insights dashboard with d3.js that could be exported from the browser to PDF.
- Designed a WYSIWYG editor that could generate HTML and PDF versions of marketing content.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2014Uniquely Virtual
- Collaborated with the founder to design and deliver an MVP of her startup's core product.
- Developed task management software designed specifically for interfacing clients with a team of virtualized executive assistants.
- Enabled secure file-sharing, client-billing, time-tracking, and task workflows.
- Implemented granular permission settings based on client ownership and admin level.
- Integrated with Stripe API for one-billing and subscriptions.
Full-stack Developer2013 - 2014Brandmovers
- Worked with marketing team to implement social media marketing promotions, and web apps for their clients.
- Contributed to projects for several major brands—Walmart, Best Buy, Dreamworks, Vizio, and Gate 1 Travel.
Full-stack Developer and Founder2012 - 2013Pindex.jp
- Designed and developed a mobile-optimized social curation app (like Pinterest) intended for the Japanese market.
- Implemented multibyte character support for site language, user-generated content, and content search (via Sphinx).
- Enabled streamlined image upload and processing for all curated content.
- Leveraged Redis to create customized newsfeeds per user by managing individual subscriptions to multiple collection types.
Full-stack Developer and Founder2012 - 2012MovieMix
- Designed and developed a movie trivia game from scratch, including heavy animations and passive turn-based social gameplay.
- Created a highly-interactive browser experience through the use of sound effects, animations, YouTube integration, and unlockable content and achievements.
- Managed a team of three developers.
Full-stack Developer and Founder2009 - 2011GetYa Deals
- Built a social media marketing platform designed for small businesses to incentivize customers to participate in social media marketing on their behalf via shares and reviews.
- Developed a campaign designer tool for clients to quickly create and launch promotions, including automatic generation of campaign marketing materials (e.g., PDFs and QR codes).
- Implemented a coupon management system, including managing generation and redemption via QR codes.
- Utilized jqPlot to generate interactive campaign performance charting for clients.
- Integrated subscription billing via ACH and CC using Authorize.net API.
- Managed a team of two developers.
Full-stack Developer and Founder2007 - 2010Gangster Games
- Designed and developed a suite of social gaming apps from scratch that grew to an active user base of over 6 million users.
- Adapted the game suite to work with any major contemporary social network API: Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, and Orkut.
- Optimized the virtual economy of each game to enable freeplay but encourage in-app purchases, premium subscriptions, and recruitment of other players.
- Managed a team of six developers.
- Catalyst (Development)https://runcatalyst.com/about
Created a marketplace for HR service providers to interact more productively with corporate buyers. Features included a Quora-like Q&A board, comprehensive vendor directory, media dashboard, integrated sales tools for our outbound team, chatbot search tool for corporate buyers, and more. Grew the business to $200,000 ARR within six months of launch.
- LeadUp (Development)
Constructed a multitenant sales automation platform to manage outbound lead generation for SMB clients. Built tools for prospecting, running multivariate data reports, designing tokenized HTML email campaigns, and managing campaign responses. Utilized machine learning to increase email deliverability and semi-automate prospecting and inbox management over time. The business grew to $1 million ARR.
- Despicablimp (Development)
Helped redesign a fun single-page application used to track and sharing photos of the Despicablimp: a cartoon-shaped blimp that traveled the country to promote the opening of Despicable Me 2.
- "Win It for Mom" Sweepstakes (Development)
Developed a video submission contest for Mother's Day 2013, then reskinned it and repeated for Father's Day. Partners sponsoring the projects included Vizio, BestBuy, DreamWorks, and Walmart.
- ReactSnake (Development)https://prof197.github.io/ReactSnake/
Created an homage to the old-school "Snake" game that came built-in on pre-smart cellphones. This was an afternoon project to my first app with React.
FrameworksAngularJS, Bootstrap, Express.js, Ember.js, LibGDX, Android SDK
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Stripe API, Google Maps API, SendGrid API, Slack API, YouTube API, Facebook API, Node.js, Salesforce API, Nylas API, D3.js, PayPal API, Authorize.Net, Twilio API
StorageMariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis, AWS S3, Sphinx Search Engine
ToolsPhotoshop CS3, NPM, Bower, Grunt, Yeoman
PlatformsEclipse, Linux, Azure, AWS EC2, Android
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Engineering & Mechanical Engineering2003 - 2007Duke University - Durham, North Carolina