Ruby on Rails Developer in Bratislava, Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Fullstack Engineer2014 - PRESENTProcore (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Resque
- Refactored our image processing system which converts tens of thousands images and PDFs daily.
- Created non-trivial Dropbox and Box integration for one of our products.
- Created tiling functionality for image processing and the applications which display technical drawings.
- Improved UX during drawing upload process on one of our products.
- Hunted and fixed bugs and errors on one of our products.
- Reduced a number of bugs and improved the stability of the system.
Freelance Web Developer2013 - PRESENTDagi s.r.o.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, CoffeeScript, jQuery, Heroku
- Created CRM system to replace an outdated system based on spreadsheets, to manage 6000+ sales contacts.
- Supported an automated Invoice Processing system using Ruby on Rails and ElasticSearch.
- Created a Social Website used for connecting people who wanted to work on different social issues in Slovakia.
- Recreated Web Configuration Interface for Set Top boxes, used on yachts to receive TV signals anywhere in the world.
- Created a Web Page for registering people into a competition, synchronized with external SMS gate service.
Unix Administrator2010 - 2013Hewlett-Packard
Technologies: HP-UX, SAN, Shell scripting
- Created Shell Script, used on thousands of enterprise systems to find possible issues in cluster configuration.
- Created Shell Script which has been widely used to quickly check systems after planned/unexpected down times.
- Responsible for documentation of built/test/release process for new systems.
- Responsible for preparing and coordinating monthly maintenance weekends.
- Investigated hard to solve OS/Server issues.
Freelance Web Developer2009 - 2010Dagi s.r.o.
- Created Bike Magazine website, which facilitated people's interaction with each other, and supported the upload of new pictures and videos, along with video processing.
- Created website with order/payment processing for a Flower delivering service.
- Created custom eCommerce plugins for WordPress.
- Developed Custom WordPress plugins.
- Created multiple WordPress sites, with custom functionalities.
- Warehouse (Development)
I've built a warehouse system for a pool company. They track all stock item arrivals and removals in it. It is split into two parts. One is for warehouse workers and another is for admins and ordinary users. Each part has a different authentication mechanism. Thanks to this system, they are able to track each stock item change. They can see who did the change and when it was done.
- Tasks (Development)
The world needs another todo list app, so I've created one. This was (and still is) just an experiment, but I use it on a daily basis. The app is heavily AJAX-ified using Rails standard tools.
- Ruby Arena (Other amazing things)https://github.com/mrhead/ruby_arena
A simple game for programmers. Anyone can create AIs for robots in Ruby, and watch them fight in the arena.
- MrCRM (Development)
A simple CRM focused on Contact management. This system replaced a set of spreadsheets that were used initially. The company that uses this system can now easily find any contact, its relevant information, and manage user access without having to manually sync all data the way they did before.
LanguagesSass, Ruby, CoffeeScript
Frameworksminitest, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Libraries/APIsResque, Sidekiq, jQuery
ToolsVim Text Editor, RSpec
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Master's degree in Computer Science1999 - 2004Technical University of Košice - Košice (Slovakia)