Swift Developer in Ko Samui Surat Thani, Thailand
Software Developer2006 - PRESENTFreelance Work
Technologies: iOS, Mac OS, C++, PHP, SQL, linux
- Built an iPad application providing medical questionnaires for at-risk-youth for Shift Heath Paradigms.
- Created server-side architecture for music artist/event/venue multi-source data collection for SonicLiving.
- Built the "Postcards From The Future" iPhone app for Intel developed by Moderati Inc.
- Developed a party-planning iPhone app for Punchbowl.com.
- Built a BulletProof digital asset management application development for Red Giant Softwar.
- Created an iPad video playback and asset management app for Adobe Systems Inc.
Senior Software Engineer / Engineering Manager2002 - 2006Adobe Systems Inc
Technologies: C++, Mac OS, Win
- Worked as one of the lead engineers on the Premiere Pro team.
- Managed the team for 2 years.
Software Developer2000 - 2002Freelance Work
- Developed a 3D Studio Max plugin for Viewpoint Inc.
- Created feature work on the Commotion image composition software for Puffin Inc.
Software Engineer1999 - 2000Demandline.com
Technologies: JSP, SQL
- Developed a reverse auction engine for small business services.
- Developed an in-house CRM system for customer lead tracking.
Software Developer1995 - 1999Freelance Work
Technologies: C++, SQL
- Developed a resume database for Stanford GSB & Apple Computer.
- Developed an feature update for a BackBurner 3D distributed rendering system.
- Created MySQL database processing scripts for Digital Impact.
Software Engineer | Director of R&D1990 - 1994Specular International
Technologies: Mac OS Application Development
- Developed Infini-D 3D animation software.
- Developed BackBurner distributed rendering software.
- Developed Collage 2D compositing software.
- Adobe Premiere Pro (Development)
Several Mac and Windows releases of Adobe's flagship Digital Video Editing platform.
- Specular Infini-D (Development)
Groundbreaking 3-D Animation software for Macintosh.
- Generating transitions for remapping video playback time (Other amazing things)https://www.google.com.hk/patents/US8837911
One of two patents related to a non-linear time remapping feature I worked on for Adobe Premiere Pro for variable super-slow motion/fast motion video manipulation. Setting aside the political question of the value of software patents, this was an amazing project to work on.
- Demandline.com (Development)
Reverse auction demand aggregation platform for small business services.
- Punchbowl.com iPhone Application (Development)
Developed the iOS front-end for the Punchbowl.com Party Planning & Invitations Management service.
- A Guide to CloudKit: How to Sync User Data Across iOS Devices (Publication)Modern mobile application development requires a well thought-out plan for keeping user data in sync across various devices. This is a thorny problem with many gotchas and pitfalls, but users expect the feature and expect it to work well. For iOS and macOS, Apple provides a robust toolkit, called CloudKit API, which allows developers targeting Apple platforms to solve this synchronization problem. In this article, Toptal Software Engineer Paul Young demonstrate how to use CloudKit to keep a user’s data in sync between multiple clients.
LanguagesSwift 3, Swift, C++, Swift 2, Objective-C, C, PHP
FrameworksCloudKit, UIkit, Cocoa
PlatformsiCloud, iOS, MacOS, AWS EC2, Linux
StorageAWS S3, MySQL
ParadigmsREST, Concurrent Programming
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business1994 - 1996Stanford University - Palo Alto, CA (USA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Film & Computer Animation1986 - 1990Hampshire College - Amherst, MA (USA)