Verified Expert in Engineering
Paul has been a professional software developer for over 30 years—predominantly as a freelancer on a wide range of projects with a focus on native mobile iOS and Android app development. Paul is diligent, communicates well, and loves solving hard problems.
Git, Xcode, Swift, iOS, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a LAN-based idle-time distributed 3D rendering system. I was able to do it before anyone knew how.
- Built native mobile iOS and Android apps for USA Cycling.
- Developed an iPad application providing medical questionnaires for at-risk-youth for Shift Heath Paradigms.
- Created the server-side architecture for music artist/event/venue multi-source data collection for SonicLiving.
- Implemented the "Postcards From The Future" iPhone app for Intel (developed by Moderati Inc).
- Developed a party-planning iPhone app for Punchbowl.com.
- Developed BulletProof, a digital asset management application for Red Giant Software.
- Created an iPad video playback and asset management app for Adobe Systems Inc.
- Developed a native iOS application for monitoring and configuring bicycle components over Bluetooth.
- Built a native Android application for monitoring and configuring bicycle components over Bluetooth.
- Created lower-level shared libraries for monitoring and configuring bicycle components over Bluetooth.
- Developed fully native iOS and Android apps for a short video messaging platform with extensive native camera and video playback support.
- Constructed and maintained a pipeline infrastructure for video processing with an AWS back-end Python server via Fargate, Lambda, S3, and Amazon DocumentDB.
- Built the full-stack dynamic live data architecture, including native push notifications for Apple and GCM via Amazon SNS and Pusher WebSockets layer, on-device SQLite, and a fully dynamic and responsive UX.
Senior Software Engineer | Engineering Manager
Adobe Systems Inc
- Worked as one of the lead engineers on the Premiere Pro team.
- Managed a team of 20 engineers in multiple North American locations for two years; had a dotted-line reporting relationship to an additional engineering team in NOIDA, India.
- Managed the release cycle and bug review process with product management, including multiple major and minor update releases.
- Developed a 3D Studio Max plugin for Viewpoint Inc.
- Created feature work on the Commotion image composition software for Puffin Inc.
- Developed a reverse auction engine for small business services.
- Developed an in-house CRM system for customer lead tracking.
- Developed a resume database for Stanford GSB & Apple Computer.
- Developed an feature update for a BackBurner 3D distributed rendering system.
- Created MySQL database processing scripts for Digital Impact.
Software Engineer | Director of R&D
- Developed Infini-D 3D animation software.
- Developed BackBurner distributed rendering software.
- Developed Collage 2D compositing software.
Voodle Video Messenger Apphttp://www.voodle.com
Adobe Premiere Pro
Generating Transitions for Remapping Video Playback Timehttps://www.google.com.hk/patents/US8837911
Punchbowl.com iPhone Application
CloudKit, UIKit, Cocoa, SwiftUI, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP)
iCloud, iOS, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, AWS Lambda, Firebase, Windows, Amazon EC2, Linux
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, SQLite, JSON, MySQL
Freelancing, Software Development, Architecture, Mobile Apps, DocumentDB, Combine, AVFoundation, Video Streaming, Bluetooth, Videos
Xcode, Android Studio, Git, Figma, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Cognito
REST, Concurrent Programming, Management, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business
Stanford University - Palo Alto, CA (USA)
Bachelor of Arts in Film & Computer Animation
Hampshire College - Amherst, MA (USA)