Verified Expert in Engineering
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), DBeaver, Docker, DataGrip, Postman, GitKraken, Slack, Discord
The most amazing...
...system I've developed is Cartolol, a League of Legends fantasy game based on the Brazilian League of Legends Championship.
- Maintained the system and created new features based on React and Node.js to manage human resources in software development agencies. The application is used internally by multiple staff members and the managing team daily.
- Created other smaller web apps, relying on modern principles like single-page application and REST and technologies like React, Node.js, and MongoDB.
- Worked under the Agile methodology, based on daily meetings and sprints every two weeks, supported by Jira and Git.
Apply Stickers, Inc
- Developed a feature to retrieve data from several Google spreadsheets to generate PDF royalty reports with the Django-PDFKit library.
- Collaborated with project stakeholders to extract necessary business information for database planning and modeling to preserve all required properties from Google Sheets and Shopify API.
- Developed a set of classes for connection with Google Sheets, generalizing the connection and access to dozens of spreadsheets, in the same way allowing each class to work exclusively with its immediate need.
- Developed a set of classes to connect with Shopify, generalizing the connection and access to the available and necessary endpoints. However, already prepared for any other endpoints needed in the future.
- Released the third version of HintClub, launching Cartolol, a fantasy game based on the Brazilian League of Legends Championship.
- Built the first, second, third, and fourth websites for the Cbolão Championship, a charity tournament that helps in cases like COVID-19 and the floods in Pernambuco, Brazil.
- Created the website of the Wild Rift esports team, Só Agradece.
- Developed the streamer souvenir webshop: Só Agradece Store.
- Started as a chat moderator, helping control the chat and configure its bots.
- Created and organized the streamer store on StreamElements.
- Developed a system to show past, current, and next games, results, and betting odds.
- Began developing the first version of HintClub, a betting tips club platform.
- Built HintClub's second version, adding a betting championship feature, where users placed bets and competed with each other for prizes.
UFPa - Universidade Federal Do Pará
- Engaged as a web developer for UFPa's Computational Intelligence and Operational Research Laboratory (LINC).
- Developed an energy control system that calculated and balanced electrical load.
- Created the first social network to share papers, content, research data, and other relevant academic information among three labs as a start.
- Built a second social network named DemaisEficiência, projected to promote social inclusion by exchanging scientifically valid knowledge and interacting with families, institutions, professionals, and people with disabilities.
- Produced numerous websites, including the first, second, and third Social CRM Belém Conference and the university dean application websites.
- Participated as a student teacher, training first-year students through hands-on workshops on the Factory of Computer Systems.
- Engaged as a web developer at the State University of Maranhão.
- Developed a system to improve service to TVN's customers by providing focused information that aids better decision-making.
- Migrated information to be used in the system from the Firebase database to MySQL to prepare for changing databases in the future.
Chief Financial Officer
- Conducted bank analysis and financial negotiations.
- Handled administrative issues such as price analysis, inventory control, and sales negotiations.
- Acted as banking representative, finance administrator, and administrative coordinator.
- Engaged as an intern web developer focused on websites, web systems, and hotsites.
- Used an internal framework based on PHP, jQuery, and CSS.
- Developed five websites in three months of work, which was my first experience with web development.
- Implemented Agile methods to store products, optimizing product sales processes.
- Developed methods to increase sales volume through the available software.
- Collaborated with other members to replenish stocks.
Financial Control System for Property Management
The system manages each property's income and sends a percentage of the value to a savings account. Since each property may have one or more owners, the system calculates incomes and outcomes according to each owner's percentage. Other features include automatic cash flow reports and calculating tax share and common expenses.
Cartolol Fantasy Gamehttps://cartolol.com.br/
The game became the biggest fantasy esports in Brazil by the first half of 2022, with over 70,000 registered users and around 35,000 users playing weekly, generating almost a million monthly page views.
I was the lead developer on the project. We ideated and implemented the algorithm that assigns each player's price and scores according to their performance in the weekly championship. The algorithm is based on each player's Z-score, weights, and hype value, based on the number of users purchasing the player. Load balancing was also important, considering the number of accesses the system was getting minutes before the market closed, during which around 35,000 users would send requests to change their teams.
HintClub Betting Tips Platform
HintClub provides betting and League of Legends experts with a platform where they can share tips on which bets are likely to win. Users can study the tips, see the bets, and vote on how good or reliable they are. With the bet championship feature, each user starts with the same betting bank, which holds fake money, and places a bet. After the ranking is generated, the top users receive rewards.
The cashout calculator is the platform's most used feature. It's a real-time calculator that gives some bet data, including bet value, odd entry, and current odds. The system calculates the target value to make a new entry with the current odds, switching the bet to the other team and having the same winnable value in both teams, a win-win situation. It can also be a range value to have a proportional win value no matter which team wins.
Roude Léiw Online Magazinehttps://roudeleiwlemag.lu/
This project included the logo and physical magazine designs. We provided the company's journalists with a platform to post their articles, integrated with images and videos. The online platform is also integrated with Yumpu, enabling the company to publish the full physical magazine as a digital model.
Fourth Edition of the Cbolão Championship Websitehttps://cbolao.gg/
We developed the website and integrated it with Google Sheets to build the match table and players' information cached in the user browser, updating it periodically to speed up the process.
Só Agradece Online Store
The system considers that each souvenir can be from an individual or a group, meaning that the profit, taxes, commissions, and other value portions had to be shared among them, according to their different percentages if applicable. Another important feature was the access itself. If a streamer is the product owner and has a team behind him, each software—including access, profit and tax reports, product creation, buy order, shipping, and percentage information—will have either user or user group controls. The shared product needs to be accepted by each streamer in the team for it to be shared.
Só Agradece Team Websitehttps://pauloviegas.github.io/sa.gg/
The website allows fans to follow and learn about the team's members, games, championships, and awards. Fans can also connect and communicate with the team via the website.
Third Edition of the Cbolão Championship Website
We developed the website and made information about the game available to the public, such as players, teams, the prize pool, schedules, sponsors, and other related information.
Second Edition of the Cbolão Championship Websitehttps://pauloviegas.github.io/cbolao2021.1/
The second edition's donations helped victims of a power outage in the state of Pernambuco in Brazil.
JuryRS Thesis Jury Recommendation System
I developed an algorithm that recommends a composition of the most suitable juries for each thesis proposal based on the thesis' text, the department professors and their respective areas of expertise, and some other predefined constraints. With JuryRS, users can also change the jury by updating and validating the constraints to ensure the system selects the best fit.
Social CRM Belém Conference Website Development
I developed the first, second, and third websites for the Social CRM Conference. The three projects included integration with a ticket-selling website to sell the tickets to the event and control the conference's payment, availability, and seat positions. Another functionality was a tool to generate conference attendance certificates for users who purchased through the website and those added to the system after physically buying tickets. Finally, I integrated a tool to retrieve all Twitter posts that included the event hashtag.
Factory of Computer Systems Training Program
The project included the continuous development of some systems and games focused on the physiotherapy field, creating new games, updating old ones, and, at the same time, teaching new students new technologies and paradigms through hands-on projects.
Venda+H Financial Control System
The system allowed users to control client requests, sales, and debts. It also provided users with sales reports and insights on the top products to sell based on its sales. The system includes visuals or graphics to help users sell and control their products better.
DemaisEficiência Social Network
In this project, I made specific groups available for each disease to users. The network allowed a safe environment where the whole community could feel comfortable sharing information about themselves, their "patients," and any other academic information, study, or information that could help them overcome difficulties.
TVN Help Desk
I built and integrated the new system into the old Firebase and MySQL databases to provide more concrete and assertive information. The integration constantly and automatically imports data from all their systems to fill the database with as much relevant information as possible.
Decision Support System for Public Safety Management
I wrote the script in R to recover and categorize by the level and type of crime, preparing all the data to be used in the heatmap and future prediction algorithm.
João Weyl's UFPa Rectorship Candidacy Website
The project included an intranet area to update the candidate's daily schedule, so all voters could follow and be present at the events when available.
Software Factory as an Integrating Activity for Teaching, Research, and Extension
I prepared all the theoretical material, exercises, and the final project about website development, answering doubts and correcting the exercises for each semester's designated 30 students. A critical aspect of the project was the supervision of a doctor professor, who provided help and guidance and created an easier learning process.
SocialLINC Social Platform
The project's main feature was creating groups based on the areas in which the laboratories operate, making all the information available and categorized. The platform included the essential function of sharing all theses, from undergraduate to doctorate, among all users.
SMQEE Power Quality Monitoring System at the UHE Coaracy Nunes Facilities
The system works by applying, from the oscillographic records—models based on wavelet transforms and neural networks—to verify the performance of the protection system in the face of disturbances. I developed some graphics that show the necessary information collected, including a live graphic that provides real-time data. I also created an oscillographic record report to provide information stored in the database.
GRSUS: Health Resources Management
This project is from a paper I co-authored: "GRSUS: Management Of Health Resources, A Study From The Perspective Of GM/MS 1631/2015 Ordinance In The State Of Pará."
The main concept is that the Brazilian government table includes the annual public funds' transfer—based on the current population, the previous year's population, and the cost of the previous year's health exams, surgeries, consultations, and other health resources—and predicts the amount needed for the following year. I developed the automation of over 150 calculations previously performed manually or through Excel. The calculations are now automated by the system, which receives as input only some population information the government provides.
CodeIgniter, Django, Bootstrap 3, Django REST Framework, Quasar, Express.js, Unity3D, MUI (Material UI)
jQuery, Vue, React, Node.js, Google Sheets API, Shopify API
GitHub, DataGrip, Postman, Slack, Blender, Docker Compose
MySQL, DBeaver, MongoDB
Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Heroku
GitKraken, Discord, Software Development, Websites, Teamwork, Organizational Strategy, Financial Administrator, Web Project Management, Game Design, Gaming, HTTP, Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), Programming, Workshops, APIs, eCommerce
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidade da Amazônia (UNAMA) - Belém, Pará, Brazil
Docker & Kubernetes: The Practical Guide [2022 Edition]
Vue.js Essentials - 3 Course Bundle
Django: Web Programming with Python
HTTP: Understanding the Web Behind the Scenes
Monitoring of the Social Web with Social Media Monitoring Tools
University of Leipzig
PHP and MySQL: Fundamentals of Creating a Web System
MySQL 1: Starting Your Queries
Creating Digital Games with Unity 3D
3D Modeling and Animation with Blender