Full Stack2018 - PRESENTInfraplan
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, D3.js, MySQL
- I'm the sole developer of an internal platform for a data analysis company with an academic background which provides consultations for city and country management on when and which water pipes to replace.
- I inherited a rather antiquated codebase and rewrote most of it making everything fast and stable at last.
- Especially proud of the new statistic calculations and visualization module.
Data Visualization2020 - 2020Intcitium
Technologies: React, D3.js, Docker
- Built a front-end for a COVID-19 graph exploration tool.
- Tried and tuned several graph layout algorithms, providing natural, timeline and map-oriented views.
- The tool provides exploring node relatives and finding the shortest path to other nodes in a clean interface with google maps-like panning and zooming.
Full Stack2018 - 2020Zindi.africa
Technologies: React, Flowtype, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, Azure
- Zindi is the largest data science competition site in Africa.
- I worked with founders from the start to figure out what it is we're creating, then architected and built the tech.
- I built Ruby on Rails API backend, deployed into an auto-scaling pool in the cloud.
- And React frontend. There are rendering servers and a CDN static version it falls back to when under heavy load. It makes it almost impossible to break or take down.
- Zindi hit 10k competing data scientists early 2020 and has Microsoft, Uber and Amazon as partners.
Developer2016 - 2017Eleos
Technologies: React, React Native, Ruby, AWS, PostgreSQL, TensorFlow
- Co-founded a company to create an iOS messaging and notes application.
- Our idea was to consider the user's environment to find the best moments to deliver information—e.g., send someone a note or a song to be delivered only when they're traveling, or home alone on Friday evening.
- I handled all tech and most of UX development. Have used location, movement, weather data, etc to train prediction models and figure out particular moments; and built a series of prototypes, including Facebook Messenger bot, website, and iPhone app.
Full Stack2016 - 2016Votecastr | with Slate.com
Technologies: Ruby, React, PostgreSQL, D3.js, Twilio
- Votecastr was publicly providing real-time election results during the US 2016 election day in a way that was only available to candidates before — by using pre-trained models and live exit polls data.
- I was responsible for designing and building all tech except mobile applications and prediction models itself.
- API for the mobile app for people at polling places.
- Internal tool for communicating with remote agents and the data validation.
- Infrastructure to re-run the models as data was updated.
- The interactive dashboard on Slate.com and our website.
Full Stack2015 - 2015Predictions Dashboard
Technologies: React, D3.js, Ruby, Bigtable, PostgreSQL
- Data analysis and predictions company needed a nice and secure way to display their very complex data to their client. I was given huge CSV files, updated weekly and a carte blanche in system design.
- Querying was the first problem — I decided to go with Google Cloud Bigtable database for guaranteed latency and created a scheduled service to parse and sync new CSVs from AWS S3 into Bigtable weekly.
- Built a Rails-based back-end with two-factor authentication for data API and user management panel.
- Created the front-end with React and heavy use of D3.js. It was a complicated graph with customizable projections, filters, and contextual data. I just finished Edward Tufte's dataviz book at a time and was very happy to put my new knowledge at work.
CTO2012 - 2014Flocktory
Technologies: Ruby, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Angular, AWS, Chef
- Worked with founders right from the start on the social marketing platform, building the first version as a contractor and joining them later as a CTO. It was recently sold at a $17 million valuation. I architected and built all tech, including:.
- Client and managers cabinets for setting up and managing campaigns.
- Customer-facing part constructors — for various landing pages, emails and pop-ups.
Web Developer2010 - 2013Grapevine
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Google Closure Library, AWS
- Founded and ran a web consultancy.
- Worked with a variety of clients, mostly startups on early stages. Clients included Domgeo.ru (a real estate site inspired by Rightmove.co.uk), Hantim.ru (a job board inspired by jobs.37signals.com), Bananastreet.ru (electronic music forum), and Rutube.ru (a video hosting and social recommendations site).
- Aimed to be kind of an outsourced CTO, working with founders from the very beginning, making early prototypes, planning architecture, building the actual product, and then hiring and transferring a project to an in-house team.
Lead Developer2009 - 2010Yagoodza
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Google Closure Library
- Worked closely with founder to rebuild a project from scratch. It was the first time I was responsible for the whole project.
Lead Front-end Developer2008 - 2009Thematic Media
- Joined as a front-end developer and ended up being a team lead.
Front-end Developer2008 - 2008Dnevnik.ru
- Developed all front-end features for this startup company.