Full-stack Developer2018 - PRESENTInfraplan
- Worked as the sole developer on an internal platform for a data analysis company with an academic background that provides consultations for city and country management on when and which water pipes to replace.
- Inherited a rather antiquated codebase and rewrote most of it making everything fast and stable, at last.
- Developed new statistic calculations and visualization module.
Data Visualization2020 - 2020Intcitium
- Built a front end for a COVID-19 graph exploration tool.
- Tried and tuned several graph layout algorithms, providing natural, timelined, and map-oriented views.
- Worked on the tool that provides exploring node relatives and finding the shortest path to other nodes in a clean interface with google maps-like panning and zooming.
Full-stack Developer2018 - 2020Zindi.africa
- Worked with founders from the start to figure out what it is we're creating, then architected and built the tech.
- Built Ruby on Rails API back end and deployed it into an auto-scaling pool in the cloud.
- Worked on the React front end (there are rendering servers and a CDN static version it falls back to when under heavy load. It makes it almost impossible to break or take down).
Developer2016 - 2017Eleos
- Co-founded a company to create an iOS messaging and notes application.
- Considered the user's environment to find the best moments to deliver information, e.g., send someone a note or a song to be delivered only when they're traveling or home alone on Friday evening.
- Handled all tech and most of UX development. Have used location, movement, weather data, etc to train prediction models and figure out particular moments; and built a series of prototypes, including Facebook Messenger bot, website, and iPhone app.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Votecastr | with Slate.com
- Designed and built all tech except mobile applications and prediction models itself.
- Worked on API for the mobile app for people at polling places.
- Created an internal tool for communicating with remote agents and data validation.
- Developed an infrastructure to re-run the models as data was updated and worked on the interactive dashboard on Slate.com and their website.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015Predictions Dashboard
- Worked on the predictions dashboard. I was given huge CSV files, updated weekly, and a carte blanche in system design.
- Decided to go with Google Cloud Bigtable database for guaranteed latency and created a scheduled service to parse and sync new CSVs from AWS S3 into Bigtable weekly.
- Built a Rails-based back end with two-factor authentication for data API and user management panel.
- Created front end with React and heavy use of D3.js. It was a complicated graph with customizable projections, filters, and contextual data (I just finished Edward Tufte's dataviz book at a time and was very happy to put my new knowledge at work).
CTO2012 - 2014Flocktory
- Worked with founders right from the start on the social marketing platform, building the first version as a contractor and joining them later as a CTO. It was recently sold for USD $17 million. I architected and built all tech.
- Set up and managed the campaigns.
- Created customer-facing part constructors, for various landing pages, emails, and pop-ups.
Web Developer2010 - 2013Grapevine
- Founded and ran a web consultancy.
- Worked with a variety of clients, mostly startups in the early stages. Clients included Domgeo.ru, Hantim.ru, Bananastreet.ru, and Rutube.ru.
- Aimed to be kind of an outsourced CTO, working with founders from the very beginning, making early prototypes, planning architecture, building the actual product, and then hiring and transferring a project to an in-house team.
Lead Developer2009 - 2010Yagoodza
- Worked closely with founder to rebuild a project from scratch. It was the first time I was responsible for the whole project.
Lead Front-end Developer2008 - 2009Thematic Media
- Joined as a front-end developer and ended up being a team lead.
Front-end Developer2008 - 2008Dnevnik.ru
- Developed all front-end features for this startup company.