Product Management Developer
Pavel has over a decade of experience in data science and product development, mainly focusing on product, project, and process management. With a strong data background, his focus has been on finding the right balance between the key value-add features and cost-effective solutions.
ExperienceData Science - 7 yearsBusiness Intelligence (BI) - 7 yearsProject Management - 7 yearsR - 6 yearsProduct Management - 4 yearsSix Sigma - 4 yearsPython - 3 yearsMachine Learning - 1 year
The most amazing...
...project I've managed is an automated trading system for a stock broker.
Data Science Consulting
Toptal and Other Clients
- Worked as a contractor with the Boston Consulting Group (R, Python).
- Developed trading automation for a stockbroker using R.
- Built advanced Tableau dashboards for the University of Colorado, provided support to various Tableau users from the University, wrote Python ETL scripts, and served as a mentor during the University hackathon.
- Created a CRM data layer based on 1,000+ unstructured Excel and other data files using an automated parser in R for a client in Dubai.
- Set up data visualization dashboards for Arduino.
- Designed and developed a BI environment for a client in Brazil.
- Designed and developed data architecture for a startup based in Silicon Valley and got involved in the early stages as the tech lead.
- Developed reporting capabilities for Motorola Solutions.
- Developed an insights layer for a client in the Czech Republic.
Product/Project Manager (Consultant)
- Took ownership of global growth marketing operations reporting tools (dashboards, visualizations, automated notification systems, etc.).
- Helped manage the development of an internal global growth workflow management system; oversaw all data and reporting-related aspects, information security, and process improvement. Designed the data structure for reporting purposes.
- Took ownership of GMO platform data, working with other product teams to align on data requirements and build data connections.
- Led the development of an automated campaign alert system for automated detection and escalation of any marketing campaign that would be causing spikes in customer service calls.
- Performed technical screening and interviews with new people in the GMO reporting team.
- Consulted on data utilization in Six Sigma projects in GMO.
- Delivered Six Sigma training for GMO teams. Mentored several Six Sigma projects.
- Delivered R training for GMO analysts.
Global Marketing Operations Reporting Analyst
- Managed all data aspects of marketing activities of eBay Australia as well as eBay seller marketing (DE/UK). Executed email and on-site campaigns as well as prioritized and defined exclusions, including triggered campaigns. Ensured that targeting meets all legal and global targeting requirements.
- Maintained a SQL script library, took knowledge ownership of marketing data post-processing, and educated and trained new team members.
- Worked closely with the marketing technology, infrastructure, and product teams to improve and automate as much from the operational team's work as possible. Negotiated business requirements for marketing product development. Initiated and owned several related projects.
- Owned the GMO operating metrics (EU) for campaign reporting and data visualization. Provided advanced BI support for marketing operations teams and management. Created automated reports in Tableau for monitoring and planning purposes. Secured live report automation. Connected to external APIs.
- Led a Six Sigma project (team of five people) to reduce defects in campaign operations (human-caused errors reduced by 70%). Provided extensive data support and consultations for other Six Sigma projects. Gained Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
Marketing Data Analyst for Microsoft
- Performed data analysis on Microsoft sales and marketing databases, preparing list pulls for marketing campaigns and processing data uploads.
- Built and optimized scripts, involved with the automation of data processes.
- Collaborated with the Global Analytical V-Team for marketing analytical models.
- Prepared, formatted in HTML, and executed email campaigns. Provided complete marketing support for subsidiaries.
- Worked with a special high-performance team that catered to Russia and Ukraine subsidiaries.
Medal Engraving Automation: 6x Faster Processing
E-learning System for Soft Skills
Independent Web Development
jQuery, Keras, TensorFlow
Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Git, Microsoft Power BI, Looker, SSAS, Jira, Apache
Six Sigma, ETL, BPMN, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science, Design for Six Sigma, Database Design, Scrum
JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Exacttarget, Teradata
R Programming, Data Analytics, Process Design, Product Management, Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Growth, Lean Development, APIs, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
RStudio Shiny, Spark
Master's Degree in Information Management
University of Economics - Prague
Bachelor's Degree in International Area Studies
Charles University - Prague
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Certified Scrum Product Owner