Senior Machine Learning Engineer2019 - PRESENTUndisclosed
Technologies: PyTorch, Python, TensorFlow
- Recommended systems, image processing, NLP, and deep learning to the production.
Data Scientist2011 - PRESENTCognitum
Technologies: Apache Jena, SKOS, SPARQL, Semantic Web Rule Language (SWRL), RDF, OWL, BPMN, TensorFlow, NumPy, Scikit-learn, NLTK, R, Python
- Created machine-learning models using Sklearn and Tensorflow for Fortune 100 customer in the area of trade promotion optimization.
- Created a cognitive programming language that makes AI programming easy allowing mixing reasoning with machine learning, used in a fraud detection system for a public institution.
- Designed and implemented controlled natural language for formalizing the knowledge around lung cancer, used by the oncologist to formalize ESMO guidelines.
- Created affective-computing AI models that are combining both expert knowledge and their intuitions, to calculate the quality score of complex decisions.
- Created the novel, automated user interface synthesis algorithm in which a set of requirements is automatically translated into a working application, currently used by 30+ clinical centers and biggest telecon in Australia.
- Created an NLP classification algorithm for legal documents corpora based on the NLTK library, constructed using mixed feature-extraction techniques: POS-Tagging, noun-phrase extraction, collocations and NER (named entity recognition), followed by Tf/Idf, feature reduction and finally the classification with Passive-Aggressive, scalable classifier.
- Created a critical part of a tax-fraud detection system was based on natural language rules enabling decision makers and specialists to manage a tax fraud knowledge base. The stream-based reasoner allows discovering fraudulent activities in the stream of 5 million invoices per day.
Assistant Professor2013 - 2017Gdansk University Of Technology, Department of Applied Informatics in Management
Technologies: Python, R
- Reviewed “Government Information Quarterly, An International Journal of Information Technology Management, Policies, and Practices," IF=2.515, 5Y IF=3.161.
- Acted as an academic visitor at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Participated as a member of the EU Maria-Courie research project "Smart multipurpose knowledge administration environment for intelligent decision support systems development."
- Reviewed and contributed to the “18th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems."
- Served as a member of the international BRIDGE project: "CDSS for Oncology."
- Taught the following classes: R Programming, Introduction to DataScience, Business Intelligence and BigData Processing, Software Development Process Methodology and Tools.
Lead Architect2006 - 2011Samsung
Technologies: Embedded Systems, C++
- Led design and implementation of an industrial software stack for digital television receivers.
- Led design and implementation of a set-top-box device emulator for efficient application level testing purposes.
- Designed and implemented automated smoked test system with ASP.Net, MSMQ, image recognition, and remote controller emulation.
- Technically managed a team of 30+ programmers.
- Conducted training for newcomers about advanced multithreaded design patterns in C++.