Pedro Germani Ghiorzi
Verified Expert in Engineering
Pedro is an experienced web developer, software designer, and entrepreneur specializing in WordPress. Having managed and developed more than 70 projects worldwide, from small personal sites to high-traffic portals, he has consistently showcased his versatility and expertise. Pedro is eagerly anticipating his next challenge.
Command Prompt (CMD), Git, Xdebug, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Web Development, WordPress Plugins
The most amazing...
...WordPress project I've developed became the most visited independent WordPress site in Brazil, with more than 50 million visitors per month.
Lead Web Developer
Nomos Glashüette GmbH
- Developed a WordPress B2B website, Nomos-corner.com.
- Adapted and improved their watch engraving tool software made in Vue.
- Integrated an internal API with auxiliary tools for retailers, using PHP, Vue, and WordPress REST API.
- Implemented and suggested new improvements for the B2B websites.
Senior Software Developer
Welance GmbH Clients
- Developed websites for big NGOs based in Germany and Switzerland: Salvation Army, Vier Pfoten, Amnesty International, Save the Children, and more.
- Tracked bugs and performed maintenance of 30+ running projects.
- Developed the CI structure to deploy the site automatically to development, staging, and production environments.
- Organized the requirements and implemented the tech stack for those companies' websites.
- Developed custom websites using WordPress for various clients around the world.
- Managed WordPress project teams, mixing developers, designers, and DevOps.
- Created and maintained custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Improved the site performance and security of WordPress sites.
- Specialized in legacy WordPress websites, migrations, and refactors.
- Created WordPress plugins and websites for personal and corporate clients in Berlin, Germany.
- Consulted with clients on WordPress-related technical issues and architectural needs.
- Created and maintained a continuous integration using Docker and GitLab.
Head of Software Development
Instaff & Jobs GmbH
- Implemented coding standards and workflows for the company's development team.
- Hired PHP, Android, and iOS developers and created the interview process for selecting candidates.
- Created online systems to track the physical documents and certificates of the platform users and clients.
Happiness Engineer Trial
- Participated in the Brazilian Portuguese Happiness Engineer team creation trial period.
- Contributed to processes related to support globalization.
- Reported bugs on WordPress.com and Jetpack plugin.
- Contributed to WordPress.com Forums with user support.
Partner / Operations
MOD Devices, LLC.
- Organized a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- Established communication with American, Chinese, and German companies and lawyers for hardware production.
Owner | Director
- Founded Hacklab/ in Brazil as a web developer, building WordPress websites and other custom software, then directed a team of 9 developers and 3 designers, both on technical and RH areas and became chair of Finances and Projects of the company.
- Implemented several standards mainly ones related to Agile Development, improving the work environment and organizing software projects.
- Collaborated on and developed more than 70 WordPress websites and over 20 custom software projects.
- Managed and developed one of the largest independent WordPress websites in Brazil, with over 50 million visitors per month at 2015.
- Created and published many open source software including several WordPress plugins and developer tools.
Owner | Web Developer
- Collaborated with clients to successfully manage projects.
- Created websites for different clients focusing on culture and fashion over the course of one year.
Video Editor | Art Photographer
- Edited videos and images.
- Communicated with clients.
- Assembled computers and installed all required software.
- Developed television/broadcasting related software in C++.
Salvation Army Switzerland Websitehttps://heilsarmee.ch
Mailchimp for WooCommercehttps://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-woocommerce/
This is an ongoing project via Toptal that I joined in 2019. As a PHP/WordPress specialist and consultant, my work includes planning the technical aspects, developing new features, and solving bugs.
Reviver is the creator of the first digital license plate for cars. They are on a mission to establish a universal connected vehicle innovation platform by reviving legacy automotive solutions and making them fully interactive, robust, and connected.
I developed their website using WordPress.
Lena McLaughlin Website
Developed a custom website to Lena McLaughlin, a high school soccer player from the US. Built from scratch, using the DIVI theme and a few plugins, the website is a welcome profile for college football coaches to get to know the player.
- Assembled a WordPress website using the DIVI theme.
- Configured domain and final server.
- Built custom DIVI modules for football games and tournaments agenda.
German Green Partyhttps://www.gruene-bw.de/
InStaff & Jobs GmbHhttp://instaff.jobs
Vitali Gelwich Websitehttp://vitaligelwich.com/
Lizzy Courage Websitehttp://lizzycourage.de
Bootstrap, Ember.js, Kohana, Angular, AngularJS, CakePHP, Laravel
WordPress REST API, Google Maps API, jQuery, WooCommerce API, WordPress API, React, YouTube API, Vimeo API, Propel, Facebook API, Vue, REST APIs, Socket.IO, Web Audio API, Node.js
Git, Vim Text Editor, Subversion (SVN), WP-CLI, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), NPM, Composer, Xdebug, PhpStorm, Mailchimp, GitHub, LearnDash, Apache, Grunt, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Bower
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Management
WooCommerce, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, Linux, Apache2, MacOS, Netlify, PC, Unix, Mandrill, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Craft CMS, Docker
WP Engine, MySQL, Propel ORM
Web Development, Command-line Interface (CLI), Client Management, WordPress Multisite, Mailchimp API, Senior Web, APIs, WordPress Plugins, Gravity Forms, API Integration, Back-end, Websites, Blog Design, WordPress Design, Image Manipulation, Linux Server Administration, Customer Support, Video Editing, Full-stack, Cloudflare, Action Scheduler, Technical Architecture, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Gatsby, WordPress Themes, Divi theme building, Command Prompt (CMD), Hardware, Audio Capture, Video Capture, A/V Coding, Audio, LV2, ARM, i18n, Linux Servers, Computer Science, Industrial Electronics, Kirby, Electronics, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Elementor
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina - Florianópolis, Brazil
Technical High School Diploma in Industrial Electronics
Escola Salesiana São José - Campinas, Brazil