Pedro Luís Bonamin
Verified Expert in Engineering
Pedro is a front-end developer with over six years of experience specializing in React. He is known for delivering thoroughly tested code, following proven UX patterns, and having an eye for outstanding UI. Pedro has mentored junior developers, contributed to all phases of the software development lifecycle, conducted code reviews, and created in-depth E2E tests.
React, Next.js, Redux, Formik, Tailwind CSS, Sanity CMS
The most amazing...
...feature I've developed is a site builder tool. It completely changed how new web pages are built, reducing the time per page from one hour to just ten minutes.
Front-end Tech Lead
- Implemented end-to-end features for a new site builder tool, providing new ways for merchants to use it and reducing the time of new page creation from one hour per page to ten minutes.
- Implemented TypeScript in the project, leading to a superior and more stable codebase.
- Provided the first steps for developing E2E tests that the company strongly needed but never had the time for and led the new implementations.
- Guided the integration of a complete test plan to increase product stability.
- Conducted code reviews and implemented features reviews.
Sanity Expert in Financial Project
- Implemented Sanity and Next.js live preview, allowing the client to edit documents and see that change reflected immediately on its site.
- Successfully updated all packages to their latest versions, removing unnecessary libraries and replacing deprecated ones. It was a two-year project without any maintenance from when it was delivered.
- Added new functionalities to the site, such as search and filter in the posts page, automatic signup popup, and site personalization. I also fixed page creation in Sanity.
Front-end Tech Lead
- Created a working product timely delivered in three months with the features expected by the client after the project had failed when handled by three different teams before.
- Implemented a reusable way of building forms from a schema, allowing the banks connected to the platform to create the form they need to get the necessary information from the users without using code.
- Introduced a proper communication channel between the front and back end, which was initially the main problem in delivering the app.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a new integration that allows test users and developers to switch the testing environment directly from the website, making testing the features easier with the deployment previews of any branch.
- Researched and implemented the integration of feature flags using LaunchDarkly.
- Fixed bugs and collaborated with a team to reduce the number of open bugs, using Jira to keep track of everything.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to understand and refine user requirements.
- Contributed to all phases of the software development lifecycle with equal emphasis on unit testing.
- Provided mentorship and guidance to junior developers.
- Developed new features with the engineering team following the clients requirements and the designs provided by the UI team.
- Implemented integration and unit testing with Jest into the current applications.
- Deployed a new API service used in one of the apps with Express.js.
Software Development Engineer
An Online Freelance Agency
- Collaborated with various clients to extend their infrastructure and services.
- Developed web apps and front-end development for clients from the USA, using agile methodologies.
- Integrated new tests to the existing as well as newer functionalities.
We started to develop it in May 2022. The first users round began in August 2022, and we registered 80 users. Currently, we are gathering feedback from the users and making the necessary improvements.
I've led the project implementation from scratch and worked side by side with a junior developer learning in the process.
Next.js, Redux, Jest, Cypress, Tailwind CSS, Material UI, Express.js
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Formik, Redux-Saga
Redux Thunk, GitHub, Git, Figma, Mocha, Prisma
Scrum, Unit Testing, Automated Testing, E2E Testing, Jamstack
JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
Software Development, Code Review, Content Management Systems (CMS), Source Code Review, Task Analysis, Full-stack, APIs, API Integration, Front-end, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Redux RTK, Responsive UI, User Interface (UI), SaaS, Sanity CMS, Leadership, Architecture, Apollo, eCommerce, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Fintech, Storybook, Monorepos, Chakra UI
Vercel, Firebase, Heroku, Shopify
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidad Nacional de Rosario - Rosario, Argentina
Kent C. Dodds
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring