Verified Expert in Engineering
Pierre is a full-stack developer who's worked in a range of roles, including as a front-end developer building scalable web platforms, a tools engineer designing and building new tools that simplify the developer experience, and as a back-end engineer implementing and optimizing core systems. Pierre can hit the ground running on many different project types, but he joined Toptal to join projects where he can contribute to the builds of full-stack web platforms.
The most amazing...
...project I've created a game stats app that gathers data, processes it, and stores it so it can be served in real time to thousands of users via the web app.
- Migrated the database from Airtable to RDS, resulting in a 70% improvement in website performance without downtime or data loss.
- Triaged and resolved urgent issues within five minutes, reducing downtime and increasing team efficiency.
- Implemented a performant job queue system to replace existing crons, decoupling workers from the main application and reducing endpoint load.
- Shipped multiple features on the first day, demonstrating an ability to quickly understand and contribute to the development process.
- Migrated Synthesis' game servers from a single instance in Heroku to dedicated game servers hosted in a multi-cluster Kubernetes, enabling the company to scale from 500 customers to ten thousand.
- Took over as the lead infrastructure engineer after a RIF, becoming the sole developer managing infrastructure to support the entire business.
- Reduced infrastructure costs by 60% while maintaining all critical services.
- Shipped features within the first week of taking over as lead infrastructure engineer, improving the maintainability of the infrastructure.
- Built a secure and user-friendly decentralized platform that enables seamless participation in online crypto gaming tournaments.
- Designed and built multiple smart contracts across multiple blockchain networks, allowing a decentralized payout system to support the tournament platform.
- Developed and implemented a smart contract to support the utility token that backed the DAO, working closely with external companies to audit and iterate on it for optimal performance and security.
- Built a financial tracker application to keep track of SNACKCLUB's assets across 11 blockchain networks, enabling seamless monitoring of financial performance.
- Stayed current with the latest trends and technologies in the blockchain and gaming industries, leveraging that knowledge to guide the product roadmap and drive innovation at SNACKCLUB.
- Developed a landing page that allowed external investors to view SNACKCLUB's financials, providing complete transparency into the company's assets and enhancing trust and credibility.
Front-End React Developer
- Reduced Remnote's build time from 11 to two minutes, leading to a more efficient development process and faster feedback loops.
- Decreased the development time from four minutes per reload to less than a second, allowing developers to iterate more quickly and be more productive.
- Collaborated with the development team to ensure that the custom webpack configuration and esbuild integration met the project requirements and standards.
- Provided clear documentation of the new build process, enabling team members to understand and maintain the application moving forward.
- Monitored and optimized the build process to ensure it remained efficient and effective over time.
Co-Founder | CTO
- Oversaw the creation of a platform that uses Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, and YouTube API to gather data about influencers, which is then used to generate marketing reports and save hours of work for the agency.
- Created and implemented the entire data pipeline that aggregates data from all major social media platforms and processes it using AI models to generate reports for agencies to understand their influencers better.
- Built and maintained an app that aggregates streaming data from Twitch and daily processes terabytes of data from three million broadcasters streaming on the platform.
- Built and managed a high-performing engineering team of ten full-time developers and three contractors.
- Defined the product roadmap and sprint plan, resulting in a 90% on-time delivery rate for new features.
- Worked directly with the CTO to develop and iterate on the unreleased prototype based on testers’ feedback or business priorities.
- Built a high-quality responsive web application from scratch with a short deadline, which included an integration with Firebase for real-time chats, Stripe and PayPal Marketplace for payments, and Agora for voice.
- Integrated Apple Login, Stripe, PayPal Marketplace, Agora, and Firebase in the back end to support the web application and iOS app.
- Migrated existing services from DigitalOcean Droplet to Google Cloud App Engine and MongoDB Atlas, which reduced dramatically the DevOps work required to deploy and create environments.
- Implemented unreleased PayPal Marketplace support for the iOS app.
- Led the award-winning API Cloud Discovery and Inspect product on the front end using modern tools such as React, Redux, and Flow.
- Owned and delivered numerous key features from research, design, development, and delivery. Kept iterating and maintaining those features based on customer feedback or business priority changes.
- Built a framework from scratch that handles fetching, schema validation, error states, and cache that helped other developers deliver features faster.
- Worked with the UX team to keep consistent patterns across the app, including the creation of new tooling to implement it.
Super Evil Mega Corp Inc
- Built an internal automation tool that reduced the size of the customer support flow when solving customer account issues.
- Migrated mostly internal tools to a Docker environment, allowing an easy spin up of tools for each environment.
- Oversaw the creation of several batch job scripts that allows customer support to easily solve problems which were required manual work and could take over ten hours to execute.
- Collaborated with team members on the creation, improvisation, and implementation of various LiveOps tools that enabled customer support to solve their problems faster and allowing the development team to stay focused on work without being interrupted.
I built from scratch an infrastructure to gather and process millions of matches played daily and store in a Couchbase database cluster that was deployed around the world using their replication feature.
Redux, MUI (Material UI), Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Express.js, React Native, Svelte
React, Node.js, Emotion API, REST APIs, Web3.js, Vue
Prisma, Expo, Git, Subversion (SVN), Flow
Meteor, Firebase, Netlify, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Shopify, Ethereum
MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Couchbase
Apollo, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Styled-components, i18n, APIs, Gatsby, Vercel, Crypto, Full-stack Development, Headless Commerce, Headless Software, Virtualization, Blaze, User Experience (UX), Data Visualization, Vite, Front-end, Stablecoins, Utility Tokens, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Solana, Bitcoin
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)