Pratik K Patel
Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Pratik is an expert in QA automation testing who has published a book on Appium best practices. He has designed custom automation testing frameworks to achieve faster release cycles, collaborated with enterprise companies and startups to help them establish end-to-end QA automation processes, and led senior quality assurance engineers on large-scale web automation projects. Pratik has assisted organizations across the globe using best practices via manual and automation test approaches.
MacOS, Git, Cypress, Selenium, Appium, Node.js, TypeScript, Java, Python, Postman, GitHub, Quality Assurance (QA), Functional Testing, Automated Testing, Software Testing, Testing
The most amazing...
...framework I've designed and developed with Selenium was capable of executing 20+ test cases in parallel with cross-browser support.
Quality Assurance Expert
Alphabin Technology Consulting
- Collaborated with enterprise companies and startups to help them establish end-to-end QA automation processes.
- Created an application action-based custom framework using Cypress and added hundreds of UI tests running parallel on the Cypress Dashboard Service.
- Automated the smoke and regression test suite for the highly used Shopify app using WebdriverIO and BrowserStack and set up a GitHub actions CI.
- Automated all APIs with Postman and Newman, which reduced 70% of the testing efforts on the API.
- Fabricated custom scripts to monitor test environments.
- Published a peer-reviewed Appium book that described end-to-end Appium techniques.
- Implemented an automation framework using Appium and a machine learning OpenCV library for image comparison and puzzle game testing.
- Created a Flutter driver-based mobile automation test framework along with 115 test cases and set up iPhone and Android device execution on the cloud.
- Collaborated with a multicultural team and communicated with developers and clients.
- Led a team of five senior quality assurance engineers for a large-scale web automation project.
Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Automated the regression test suite for web and mobile applications using Selenium and Appium and improved the release time by approximately 40%.
- Reviewed the product design and created test plans and suites with smoke and regression for the entire platform.
- Collaborated directly with the CEO and improved the established test process from scratch.
- Designed and integrated CI/CD Jenkins and Bitrise to the cloud-based mobile testing platform.
- Designed and developed a POM-based automation framework using Appium, which supported cross-platform React Native and Xamarin applications, automation, custom reporting, failure screenshots, and BrowserStack, cloud mobile device support.
- Developed an in-house monitoring tool to measure website performance automatically.
- Conducted QA training sessions with an internal team.
- Collaborated with end-clients directly to understand and resolve their priority issues.
- Collaborated with developers and implemented a hybrid TDD model to release better quality software.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Managed Docker images and containers and a private registry for test environments on Linux.
- Created an automation utility script that set up the test environment on the latest codebase, which reduced manual efforts by 70%.
- Reduced test execution time on the local machine by implementing Selenium Grid on a dedicated separate local server.
- Automated the REST API test cases and also leveraged them to prepare the test data for UI tests.
- Integrated Jira with Jenkins CI to create bugs automatically from test failures.
- Engaged actively with the onshore team to implement the priority items in the QA process.
- Organized QA training sessions for junior team members and mentored them.
Quality Assurance Engineer - Intern
Tops Technologies, Pvt. Ltd.
- Established the QA process for an eCommerce application from scratch (manual and automation).
- Created test plans as well as detailed test cases and scenarios. Created defect reports.
- Automated the smoke test suite using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Communicated on Jira for test planning and issue management.
- Performed manual testing on multiple environments.
- Conducted exploration testing of the iOS and Android applications.
I wrote a book on the Appium (mobile automation library), which describes how to work efficiently with best practices. This book was reviewed by industry test leaders and ideal for beginners and intermediates in Appium. It consists of 16 detailed chapters, including one chapter about image comparison using Appium.
IoT Device Automation Using Appium and Raspberry Pi 4
Cypress E2E Automation Testing Using App Actions Approach
Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Cypress, Flutter, XCUITest, Android SDK, React Native, Espresso Testing Framework, Electron
Node.js, Selenium Grid, Puppeteer, WebDriverJS, Chai, Newman, OpenCV, React
Git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, BrowserStack, AWS Device Farm, WebdriverIO, Mocha, Postman, TestRail, Apache JMeter, Slack, WebStorm, Notion, Zoom, Cucumber, GitLab CI/CD, Ghost Inspector, GitHub Pages, Xcode
Test Automation, Functional Testing, Automated Testing, Software Testing, Testing, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Manual Testing
MacOS, Docker, Bitrise, Linux, Raspberry Pi
API Testing, Selenium Page Object, Sauce Labs, FlutterDriver, Percy, Applitools, Xray, Quality Assurance (QA), Leading Quality Assurance (LQA), QA Automation, Software QA, Mobile Device QA Automation, QA Testing, Manual QA, Integration Testing, APIs, CI/CD Pipelines, Espresso, Detox, BlazeMeter, GitHub Actions, Software Engineering, QA Leadership, Mobile App Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT)
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Dharmsinh Desai University - Nadiad, Gujarat, India