Lead QA Consultant2018 - 2019Anonos: BigPrivacy Unlocks Data
Technologies: Nighwatch, Node.js, Postman, Travis, Kafka, Bash
- Designed and integrated a cross-developer testing methodology while also complementing the Kanban project management methodology.
- Implemented and customized Nightwatch (Selenium WebDriver based framework) for web test automation.
- Conducted performance testing for Apache Kafka.
- Manually tested a system that anonymizes big data in a GDPR compliant way which allows the processing and extraction of statistics.
- Tested the API using Postman and Newman.
- Integrated all of the automated test effort with Travis CI.
- Provided full cross-browser testing coverage by using Nightwatch that was integrated with BrowserStack which ran a custom nightly job on Travis CI.
Lead Software Testing Consultant2017 - 2018Dropoff: Courier and Same-day Delivery
Technologies: Nightwatch.js, Node.js, JMeter, Postman, Appium, Chef, Bash
- Managed and improved the test process for a distributed Agile team.
- Implemented a customized web automation framework (Nightwatch.js) and a full regression suite using the Page Object Model.
- Tested the performance using JMeter covering different behavior and utilization patterns.
- Implemented mobile automation for iOS and Android using Appium Java.
- Developed the full API testing suite using Postman and executed using Newman.
- Integrated all of the automated test efforts with a CI solution using Chef.
- Conducted manual testing for web, API, microservices, iOS, and Android.
QA Manager2015 - 2018Qualitance: Software Consultancy
Technologies: Nightwatch.js, Selenium, Appium, JMeter, Postman, Bash, PowerShell, Agile, ISTQB
- Developed test strategies, procedures, and standards and made sure they were followed on projects.
- Hired and fired employees in the QA department.
- Coordinated the test efforts on strategic projects and actively participated in manual and automated test efforts.
- Selected the testing software stack to be used (bug tracker, performance, test automation) based on individual project needs.
- Measured QA activity on projects.
- Established development plans for people in the QA department; also evaluated and helped people accomplish them.
- Proposed raises/promotions and approved training/certification requests based on available budget.
Senior/Lead QA Consultant2012 - 2016Optaros by MRM//McCann (outsourced by Qualitance)
Technologies: Magento, eCommerce, Behat, Selenium, JMeter, Locust, Jira
- Worked side by side with the development team to test and verify software applications—mainly assisting the team in achieving the desired quality in their products.
- Focused on building a true Agile testing environment by making QA part of the full software development life cycle. In other words, QA is not something that comes last but something that starts with the QA and development teams working together to understand and develop applications against acceptance criteria built on business requirements.
- Delivered highly successful custom Magento implementations for Coach, Nestlé (Nespresso, Nescafe Dolce Gusto), PartyLite, Iron Mountain, and more.
- Manually tested web applications and back-end services.
- Implemented web automation using Behat BDD.
- Tested the performance using JMeter and Locust.
Senior/Lead Software Testing Consultant2011 - 2015Qualitance: Software Consultancy
Technologies: Selenium, JMeter, Bash, Jenkins, Agile, ISTQB
- Worked for this software consultancy on various projects: eCommerce, telecom, shipping, medical/pharmaceutical, anti-virus, IoT, and more.
- Led the testing process and audited the process improvement plan.
- Defined the profile and skillset for testing hires.
- Worked on the test automation tool selection, framework implementation, and customization (including a CI integration).
- Contributed to the entire SDLC and performed all of the testing activities needed for a successful project delivery.
Lead Tester and Freelance QA Engineer2013 - 2014Crowdsourced Testing (QA on Request)
Technologies: Web Testing, Mobile Testing, JMeter, Performance Testing, Regression Testing
- Conducted manual and regression testing for a world web application.
- Implemented manual and regression testing for the Adidas Messi website and NBC Tennis website.
- Performance tested the Adidas Messi website.
- Conducted manual, regression, and performance testing for a variety of mobile (Android, iOS) and web applications.
Freelance QA Engineer2012 - 2014uTest.com (Software Testing Platform)
Technologies: Web Testing, Mobile Testing, Manual Test Design and Execution
- Tested payment methods for Facebook integrated apps.
- Performed manual exploratory testing for Flipkart Android app.
- Conducted manual exploratory and scripted testing for TripIt Android app.
- Manually tested a variety of mobile (Android and iOS), web and desktop applications.
Test Specialist2011 - 2012IBM (outsourced by Qualitance)
Technologies: SQL, Bugzilla, Eclipse, Web Service Explorer
- Tested an entire banking system, Monte dei Paschi di Siena Bank and ported its systems from Cobol to Java.
- Manually web-tested the front end (internet banking web app, and back-office web tools).
- Tested the back-end using the Eclipse Web Service Explorer and created complex DB2 SQL queries to retrieve both input data and output data.
Senior QA Engineer2010 - 2011Telmap (An Intel Company)
Technologies: SQL, Integration Testing, Apache Tomcat, Apache Catalina, Bash, QPack
- Tested one of the world’s leading most advanced mobile navigation system and location-based services solutions consisting both of a server (middleware) platform and client applications on all mobile platforms of the time and had many of the worlds’ largest operators as customers.
- Implemented manual mobile testing on all platforms of the period (Symbian, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, Bada OS, BB OS, iOS, Android, Palm OS, and more).
- Installed mobile automation using proprietary Java framework.
- Conducted a requirements review and planned out the testing, design, and execution.
- Integrated and tested the back-end web services (Apache Tomcat, UNIX, and SQL).
- Delivered successful customized implementations of their white-label client for well-known clients: Vodafone UK, SFR, AT&T, Orange UK, and Orange France.
QA Assistant Lead2009 - 2010Electronic Arts (EA)
Technologies: DevTest, DevTrack, Jira, Manual Testing, Hardware Compatibility Testing
- Filtered bugs submitted by testers.
- Managed teams of up to 12 testers.
- Reported on quality statuses.
- Conducted manual testing (scripted and exploratory).
QA | Technical Compliance Tester2008 - 2009Electronic Arts (EA)
Technologies: DevTrack, DevTest, Jira
- Manually tested AAA games both on game consoles and PC.
- Tested for hardware technical compliance for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Developed and executed manual test cases.
- Conducted exploratory testing.