Verified Expert in Engineering
Rahul has built multiple end-to-end solutions, assisting startups as their principal engineer. He takes care of the application architecture all the way to the API development, database, and front-end development, and he sometimes even designs it following the branding guidelines. Rahul loves working with various technologies, including Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, React, React Native, Next.js, TypeScript, NGINX, WebSockets, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Angular, and Flutter 3.0.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, GitHub, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MongoDB, React, Flutter, Node.js
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a real-time analytics app, deployed for the Australian Open 2019, which handled about 200,000 transactions of around A$1 million daily.
Full-stack Solutions Architect
Brand Boutique Lawyers Pty Ltd
- Built a multi-country, multi-currency, bespoke eCommerce, one-of-a-kind fashion store, enabling customers to develop their own fashion lines.
- Devised and implemented a proprietary patent-pending algorithm to preview to-scale designs on garments as part of the fashion store USPs.
- Implemented many real-time features to notify users on upload and application workflows, including approval and file manipulation notifications, which are mostly asynchronous tasks.
- Architected a simplified mapping of data from around 40 metafields for the Product Catalog to allow granular pricing and discount schemes.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Owned and delivered a 'locate the user on the map' feature with test coverage, tracking, and logging while working closely with the Product team.
- Delivered many firsts - Cloud functions, SSO, GitHub actions.
- Wrote a command line utility to assist developers in creating components with all relevant files and templates, following all company guidelines and helping reduce a significant amount of time spent with boilerplate code for new features.
- Interviewed more than a dozen candidates to assist in hiring top-class talent, mentored two new hires, and helped them with the codebase and on-call duties while onboarding.
- Built and delivered a bug-free single sign-on (SSO) self-service feature that freed up much of developers' and customers' time and allowed the customers to configure their SSO on their own (this was a manual process previously).
Solutions Architect | Freelance
- Built the Stayhopper suite of two apps single-handedly, a Booking App and Admin CMS.
- Assisted in creating an algorithm to manage the pricing of a micro-booking concept and implemented it in a UX-friendly design which the client instantly approved.
- Provided a beautiful dashboard that showed important statistics applicable to the context of all user roles, such as Stayhopper administrator, hotel administrator, and hotel receptionist.
- Implemented the payment gateway by testing all functionality before go-live and provided support for adding small features for a few months after delivery.
Solutions Architect | Full-stack Developer
- Architected a real-time analytics app from the ground up, including tech stack identification, UX, UI design, application development, deployment, and more.
- Built an iterative product starting with sales comparison and analytics and eventually adding the time and attendance data analysis module as roster information.
- Scaled the app to easily handle the analysis and comparison of approximately 200,000 transactions of approximately 1 million Australian dollars per day. It was deployed for the Australian Open in 2019, becoming a great success.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Helped build myCRM, a progressive web app, from scratch with clean code, the latest technology, and a new user interface with Material UI.
- Built the myCRM mobile app by packaging and modifying an existing web app to be compatible with a Cordova mobile app and distributed it to the App Store.
- Introduced Postman to the team of QA engineers and testers to be able to better test API endpoints and eventually add end-to-end tests.
Senior Web Developer
- Rewrote the souqalmal.com website from scratch in a team of two, dedicated to the project for 1.5 months, and produced a new website that loads 1,200% faster than the old one.
- Built a microservices architecture to allow a growing team to build independent apps and created some microservices in independent tech stacks.
- Co-wrote a proxy solution to easily provision for search engine optimization (SEO) without having to change the existing architecture of the website.
- Re-architected the front end with the latest technologies and trends.
- Built an AI bot for using natural language in searching for flights and hotels as part of a 24-hour hackathon project.
- Upgraded a few tools used in the front-end development process, using CSS preprocessors like SASS, linting and prettifier support, etc.
Technical Team Lead
- Led the development of the front end for the interfaces of key projects, ensuring delivery of the front end, back end, and their integration phase.
- Built almost 25 full-stack projects with custom designs for each client in the 30 months I worked here.
- Developed many projects single-handedly, including leisureworldconsulting.com, memoryoftime.com, ahead.pro, Ahead's custom CMS, and about four job portals.
- Mentored mid-junior-level developers and helped them get up to speed to be self-managed engineers capable of building client solutions.
Crown Prince Office | Dubai
- Used Mac and iPhone for the first time and built a fully custom iPhone app using Objective-C. It allowed reading the feed from a WordPress back end, watching videos from a YouTube API, showing photos from Picasa, and playing back poetry audios.
- Built single-handedly the Hamdan international photography award website on hipa.ae for photographers to join and submit photos for competitions held every year.
- Created various competition websites for royal sports such as shooting, dog racing, and falcon racing for multiple entities of the Dubai government.
- Decided on the tech stack for Crown Prince's official website, kick-started the development, and hired a team to build it further.
- Built a mobile app with basic features to be unveiled at an exhibition with a three-day deadline.
Inkse Fashion Storehttps://www.inkse.com/
I spearheaded the architecture and engineering of the front-end technologies involved in building and launching an eCommerce store that allows customers to create custom fashion lines with a unique Workflow Editor. I was also directly involved in converting many ideas into full-fledged features, including a patent-pending design workflow, custom pricing strategy, discounting solution, and many more.
Remo | Virtual Event Platformhttps://remo.co
• Owning and delivering the whereami feature with test coverage, tracking, and logging while working closely with the product. This feature allows users to identify themselves and others in a virtual floor map where there could be up to 500 guests.
• Converting a rather tedious manual process of onboarding customers into an entirely self-serving single sign-on self-service (SSO) feature. Customers can set up SSO login for their events or companies from an easy-to-use SSO wizard.
• Being proactive in communications across teams and platforms to keep a clear picture of the state of things at any given time.
• Ensuring 80-90% test coverage for all new features.
Ascend Real-time Analytics Apps/Single-page and Progressive Web Appshttps://www.mslsolutions.com/real-time-operational-intelligence
Stayhopper | Micro-booking Hotel Platformhttps://stayhopper.com/
• A hotel booking website that allows users to search, book, and pay for hotel stays. I used React and Next.js to develop it.
• A RESTful API for all back-end business logic and processing, which I built using Node.js and MongoDB.
• A role-based CMS system for Stayhopper staff to manage properties, users, configuration data, bookings, payments, reports, etc., and for hotel staff to manage properties, bookings, and access their reports and payment information.
• An API to manage pricing, availability of rooms, and support long-term bookings in addition to upgraded micro stay bookings.
• An admin app for super administrators and hotel staff to manage the properties, rooms, pricing, and availability.
• A website for end users to explore, pay for, book hotels, and manage their profile.
Shory - Car Insurancehttps://shory.com
Shory is a responsive App that also has native mobile apps.
The tech stack chosen for this project is React and ReactNative, allowing all business logic to be shared between both platforms. Engineers can then build UI components on top of this monorepo for the specific platforms.
This strategy allows minimal code duplication and centralization of business logic, making releasing new features and maintaining existing ones easy. Another added advantage is any React developer can build on top of this stack, given that the core architecture is already in place.
I worked on this project for six months handing over further development to the team I helped hire throughout the project.
MyCRM | App and iPhone Apphttps://mycrm.com/
My role was to:
• Help re-build the app from scratch using Angular.
• Introduce newer technologies and frameworks.
• Build the mobile app packing the existing web app.
• Enable native features.
• Tackle compatibility issues.
• Allow for development on top of the architecture.
• Distribute the app to the App Store.
Whadapp | An Ad-free Social Networkhttps://whadapp.com/
• The whadapp website where users can register for their account, search and follow other users, write posts, and upload photos to share with their network. I used Angular.
• A RESTful API for all back-end business logic and processing built using Node.js and MongoDB.
• A packaged web app with Cordova for iPhone and Android apps.
Angular, Express.js, Redux, Material UI, Next.js, Jest, Flutter, Metro UI CSS, CodeIgniter, React Native, Tailwind CSS, ASP.NET, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), PhoneGap
React, Node.js, REST APIs, API Development, Socket.IO, Shopify API, SignalR, Yup, Backbone.js, Three.js
MEAN Stack, API/Services Architecture, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Microservices, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
MacOS, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Shopify, DigitalOcean, J2ME, Azure, WordPress, Linux, Docker
MongoDB, Cloud Firestore, Databases, Google Cloud, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Google Cloud Functions, Chakra UI, User Experience (UX), APIs, Web Development, Responsive Web Apps, App Store, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Single-page Applications (SPA), API Integration, Front-end, Front-end Architecture, UI Development, Software Architecture, Software Engineering, Software Design, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), MERN Stack, Firebase Cloud Functions, Mobile Apps, Mobile First, Front-end Development, Solution Architecture, Front-end Design, Payment Gateways, GitHub Actions, Push Notifications, Leadership, Storybook, Digital Payments, Card Payments, Fintech, QR Codes, Cordova, Single Sign-on (SSO), Teams, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), SSH, Lint, i18n, RTL, CSS5, Apollo, Stripe Payments, Gimp
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems and Management
Manipal Academy of Higher Education - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring