Senior Full-stack Engineer2021 - 2022Remo
Technologies: React, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, Google Cloud Functions, Firebase, Google Cloud, Cloud Firestore, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Single Sign-on (SSO), Redux, Jest, TypeScript, Web Development, Responsive Web Apps, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, APIs, CSS, RTL, YAML, TokBox, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Owned and delivered a 'locate the user on the map' feature with test coverage, tracking, and logging while working closely with the Product team.
- Delivered many firsts - Cloud functions, SSO, GitHub actions.
- Wrote a command line utility to assist developers in creating components with all relevant files and templates, following all company guidelines and helping reduce a significant amount of time spent with boilerplate code for new features.
- Interviewed more than a dozen candidates to assist in hiring top-class talent, mentored two new hires, and helped them with the codebase and on-call duties while onboarding.
- Built and delivered a bug-free single sign-on (SSO) self-service feature that freed up much of developers' and customers' time and allowed the customers to configure their SSO on their own (this was a manual process previously).
Solutions Architect | Freelance2020 - 2020Stayhopper
Technologies: Node.js, React, Angular, MongoDB, Payment Gateways, MUI (Material UI), Chakra UI, Next.js, Express.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Web Development, MEAN Stack, Responsive Web Apps, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, APIs, CSS
- Built the Stayhopper suite of two apps single-handedly, a Booking App and Admin CMS.
- Assisted in creating an algorithm to manage the pricing of a micro-booking concept and implemented it in a UX-friendly design which the client instantly approved.
- Provided a beautiful dashboard that showed important statistics applicable to the context of all user roles, such as Stayhopper administrator, hotel administrator, and hotel receptionist.
- Implemented the payment gateway by testing all functionality before go-live and provided support for adding small features for a few months after delivery.
Solutions Architect | Full-stack Developer2017 - 2020MSL Solutions
Technologies: Angular, Node.js, MongoDB, Socket.IO, Azure, Slack, Teams, Bitbucket, Sass, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), MUI (Material UI), User Experience (UX), Web Development, MEAN Stack, Responsive Web Apps, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, APIs, CSS
- Architected a real-time analytics app from the ground up, including tech stack identification, UX, UI design, application development, deployment, and more.
- Built an iterative product starting with sales comparison and analytics and eventually adding the time and attendance data analysis module as roster information.
- Scaled the app to easily handle the analysis and comparison of approximately 200,000 transactions of approximately 1 million Australian dollars per day. It was deployed for the Australian Open in 2019, becoming a great success.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Property Finder
- Helped build myCRM, a progressive web app, from scratch with clean code, the latest technology, and a new user interface with Material UI.
- Built the myCRM mobile app by packaging and modifying an existing web app to be compatible with a Cordova mobile app and distributed it to the App Store.
- Introduced Postman to the team of QA engineers and testers to be able to better test API endpoints and eventually add end-to-end tests.
Senior Web Developer2015 - 2016Souqalmal
Technologies: Angular, Microservices, GitHub, Node.js, Web Development, MEAN Stack, Responsive Web Apps, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, NGINX, Amazon Web Services (AWS), APIs
- Rewrote the souqalmal.com website from scratch in a team of two, dedicated to the project for 1.5 months, and produced a new website that loads 1,200% faster than the old one.
- Built a microservices architecture to allow a growing team to build independent apps and created some microservices in independent tech stacks.
- Co-wrote a proxy solution to easily provision for search engine optimization (SEO) without having to change the existing architecture of the website.
- Re-architected the front end with the latest technologies and trends.
- Built an AI bot for using natural language in searching for flights and hotels as part of a 24-hour hackathon project.
- Upgraded a few tools used in the front-end development process, using CSS preprocessors like SASS, linting and prettifier support, etc.
Technical Team Lead2012 - 2014Ahead Fzc
- Led the development of the front end for the interfaces of key projects, ensuring delivery of the front end, back end, and their integration phase.
- Built almost 25 full-stack projects with custom designs for each client in the 30 months I worked here.
- Developed many projects single-handedly, including leisureworldconsulting.com, memoryoftime.com, ahead.pro, Ahead's custom CMS, and about four job portals.
- Mentored mid-junior-level developers and helped them get up to speed to be self-managed engineers capable of building client solutions.
Web Developer2010 - 2012Crown Prince Office | Dubai
- Used Mac and iPhone for the first time and built a fully custom iPhone app using Objective-C. It allowed reading the feed from a WordPress back end, watching videos from a YouTube API, showing photos from Picasa, and playing back poetry audios.
- Built single-handedly the Hamdan international photography award website on hipa.ae for photographers to join and submit photos for competitions held every year.
- Created various competition websites for royal sports such as shooting, dog racing, and falcon racing for multiple entities of the Dubai government.
- Decided on the tech stack for Crown Prince's official website, kick-started the development, and hired a team to build it further.
- Built a mobile app with basic features to be unveiled at an exhibition with a three-day deadline.