Forward Deployed Engineer2017 - 2021Palantir
Technologies: Java, Python, AWS, CircleCI, Git, Linux, Nagios, Docker, Shell, Spark, Syslog, Debugging
- Wrote and implemented multiple Java plugins to interact with external source systems and automatically ingest data in a parallel and incremental mode into Palantir’s platform.
- Contributed to long-term knowledge growth for developing and maintaining Palantir’s platform by working with different systems, including AWS, Kubernetes, Nagios, Datadog, PagerDuty, CircleCI, and Jenkins.
- Migrated software and data for Palantir’s platform by gaining a thorough understanding of the software, risks, and mitigation, and working with all the affected parties.
- Designed and implemented a new Python solution for Palantir’s monthly product release, which is used by customers globally. I did this while serving as the platform release manager.
- Collaborated with external clients to create and debug critical data pipelines and Elasticsearch clusters.
- Developed workflows for large-scale datasets on the order of terabytes, which involved Spark code and debugging via the YARN UI.
- Managed the entire project with an international government client in terms of scoping technical work, ensuring technical support, and growing customer relationships.
- Led the internal data team as the tech lead right after a big infrastructure migration to ensure the stability of the platform in use and that key stakeholders' interests were addressed through novel technical solutions.