Full-stack Developer2018 - 2021Autonomous Vehicle Company (via Toptal)
- Built a discovery platform for tagging and searching entities and their metadata. This includes a back end for indexing metadata and a front end for a smart-search component with widgets for autocompletion, date, time, and location pickers.
- Developed custom tools for rendering and manipulating objects on top of Mapbox maps used by map labelers to annotate a car's drivable paths.
- Created a Mapbox vector tile service for serving different geospatial objects in a concise format for easy consumption of Mapbox-based client apps. It also supports a custom query language for filtering out objects returned for a particular type.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018Designjar Limited (via Toptal)
- Developed the dashboard and wizard for Clickfulapp.com, an advertising platform that uses deep learning algorithms to optimize ad campaigns on Facebook and Instagram.
- Worked on the ad banner visual editor, where users can either upload their own design or customize a variety of available templates using the said editor.
- Built the wizard that walks users through as they create a Facebook ad campaign from scratch, which should trivialize the rather technical aspect of Facebook Marketing.
- Wrote a state management library built on top of Redux to drastically reduce the amount of boilerplate code required to develop and easily export modules as tiny reusable packages.
- Automated the testing, integration, and deployment process from GitLab pipelines to S3 deployment.
Mobile Developer2017 - 2017Jungo Sports (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile app for a soccer-oriented social networking service where coaches from different clubs can rate and recommend players who are possible recruits to college programs.
- Built the app using React Native libraries, including Expo, Redux, React Navigation, react-native-svg, and others.
- Wrote custom cross-platform React components like Loop List and a DateTimePicker that work exactly the same on both platforms.
- Created a tool for converting SVG files to a react-native-svg compatible React component.
- Wrote some back-end APIs for Single Sign-on support for Facebook and Google.
Mobile Developer2017 - 2017Akila Labs (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile app using React Native to log health-related activities, including sleep, diet, and exercise.
- Created a variety of visually striking charts for a diabetes prevention health app that monitors a user's activities, exercises, food choices, sleep patterns, and stress levels.
- Integrated the app with Androids voice commands to quickly log different app-related activities.
Mobile Developer2017 - 2017Cyberfonica (via Toptal)
- Developed a mobile app that can send and receive VOIP calls using native PJSIP libraries.
- Integrated the iOS CallKit API for handling VoIP calls using the native in-call screen.
- Added a notification system and background services to receive calls even when the app is not open.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
- Developed an in-house content management system using Meteor to be used by the marketing team to build all the public and internal sites of the company.
- Led the development of mobile app prototypes using React Native.
- Redesigned an AngularJS + Cordova-based dynamic form templating app into a React Native rendered custom widgets platform.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2016microapps (via Toptal)
- Rewrote the dashboard site from the original AngularJS code to React, Redux, and Webpack stack.
- Added integrations to various third-party APIs, including Auth0, Intercom, and Localize.
- Automated the app deployment to AWS S3 using the Bitbucket Pipelines and Webpack.
Senior Solutions Developer2015 - 2016Navagis Inc.
- Wrote a WebGL renderer for visualizing millions of pieces of data on top of Google Maps. It also supports different data types, including points and polygons in vector or raster format with features like masks and texture atlases.
- Led the development of an enterprise-mapping application used for projecting telecom-related data, including network signal heat maps, outages, subscriber locations, product rollouts, and more.
- Developed a single-page real estate app used to manage land acquisition requests by plotting all the relevant information directly on top of Google Maps.
- Led the client-side development of web apps using AngularJS, Bootstrap, the Google Maps API, and a mix of Canvas and WebGL graphics.
- Developed a server that batch processes different GIS data types to generate a format that can be rendered faster by a web client. These include clustering of data points and tiling of raster or vector polygon data.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2014KLab Cyscorpions Inc.
Technologies: C#, Unity3D, Objective-C, iOS
- Created and was responsible for the 2D UI architecture, content creation tools, platform-specific features, and some build scripts for an online card and puzzle game featured in the Google Play Store.
- Developed both the iOS app and web service for a restaurant search app using Objective-C and CakePHP.
- Built both the iOS app and web service for cloud storage of password-encrypted media files.
- Managed and led the development of multiple small-to-medium scale projects, including an infinite running game, a zombie apocalypse open-world game, and a music visualization app.
- Wrote training modules for onboarding junior Unity3D developers into the company.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2012Anino Games Inc.
Technologies: Flex, ActionScript 3, Unity3D, C#, C++
- Developed a real-time multiplayer game in Unity3D for a well-known cartoon franchise.
- Led the gameplay and animation development for a turn-based army battle game in ActionScript 3 released on Facebook.
- Worked as one of the ActionScript 3 developers for a village-building simulation game on Facebook.
- Co-developed a content creation and scene management tool for the hidden object games genre using C#.
- Developed, as part of a team, multiple hidden object games for the PC and Mac platforms using a C++ framework.