Freelance Developer2015 - PRESENTRens Poesse
- Developed various applications; using Node.js, Laravel, Vue.js/React, SSR, Tailwind CSS, and Heroku or Amazon Web Services.
- Produced metrics on student matching procedures by analyzing big data in R—generating an effectiveness report.
- Rapidly prototyped ideas for new apps, including dashboards, chatbots, and voice interfaces.
- Worked on brand activations for large clients, including IKEA, Rituals, and HEMA.
- Helped to hire candidates for clients by developing exercises for technical interviews and assessing candidates on multiple relevant skills.
CTO2016 - 2017Kinder Donations
- Managed a scalable Docker stack on Amazon Web Services with PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Built APIs with OAuth implementations and also integrating Algolia search and Stripe payment processing.
- Created reactive web components with Vue.js and React which increased reusability.
Front-end Lead2015 - 2017Mobypicture
- Led the front-end development of a content management system using Backbone.js and developed a corresponding Android app.
- Reduced image-loading time by up to 50% by implementing server-side image processing which led to a smoother user experience.
- Developed various front-end widgets, including a 3D map view that uses Mapbox GL to provide a flight journey through photos taken throughout the world.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Locatienet
- Detected methods of transport by utilizing geolocation data retrieved from native Android and iOS apps.
- Visualized real-time data on a per-user dashboard which enabled data-driven business decisions.
- Completely redesigned and rebuilt a website that provides traffic information and route planning, much like Google Maps.
Research Assistant2014 - 2015University of Amsterdam
Technologies: R, SPSS, PHP
- Simulated a parameter estimation for linear ballistic accumulator (LBA) models.
- Wrote an article that was published in the British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology.
- Developed an LTI integration that provides a way by which Qualtrics surveys can be included in a Coursera course for the purpose of A/B testing.
Software Engineer2009 - 2013Brainpact Industrial Automation
Technologies: .NET, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, PLC
- Developed logistic solutions using .NET and automatic vehicle identification technology which resulted in better-facilitated stock auditing.
- Automated industrial traffic lights by optimizing weighing software and PLC communication layers.
- Built an ASP.NET maintenance management system with a C# back-end that allows planning recurrent jobs, order placement, and facility management.