Verified Expert in Engineering
Rishi is a passionate coder and solutions architect. He has expertise across the entire spectrum of software design, implementation, and innovation. Rishi built a secure internet scale digital document locker, certified by Microsoft to scale to one billion users. He has worked with enterprise software, helped start-ups grow from the ideation stage, and expanded several companies into their first million in revenue. He enjoys solving engineering problems and utilizing the FOSS ecosystem.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, MySQL, MongoDB, Flask, Python
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a highly secure internet scale digital document locker, certified by Microsoft in being able to scale to one billion users.
- Served as technical lead, where I was responsible for all technical decisions made in a technology consulting company. I had a large hand in developing scalable processes for managing the technology across multiple clients and projects.
- Researched and implemented a homegrown image recognition software using OpenCV, in a cross platform manner that could be used in mobile devices. It was mainly used for recognizing images in books.
- Devised economical and efficient ways for clients to achieve their initial MVP status while growing and changing rapidly as a startup specialty consulting company.
- Managed team estimations for entire projects, keeping tasks on time, and ensuring slippages or inaccurate estimates were known well beforehand. Also managed the teams and end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Architected dozens of unique projects from the ground up based on the unique needs of each client.
- Architected a web scale (800 million) infrastructure for a Digital Locker. This included secure and redundant storage of files and PII for all users. Along with a scalable arch for managing live sessions for viewing and annotating documents.
- Architected and implemented a website scan engine that scaled out to scan 100 million websites and filtered them down to scan three million every half hour, and store the results for every scan as history.
- Engineered the complete migration of a running business from an unscalable low-code solution to a fully scalable custom code deployment with almost no service disruption. This included two apps, a website, an administration panel, a back end, and db.
- Completed R&D on NLP-based chatbots. Implemented an end-to-end workflow to create chatbots as shopping assistants. This was accomplished using Spacy.
- Architected a complete migration of a very complex enterprise dashboard to an Angular stack as a complete rewrite.
- Developed a scalable messaging system using WebSockets for the server to pass events to the clients in real-time. I wrote code in Node.js. These events would begin as database entries and be propagated through the back end via ZeroMQ.
- Created a companion screen app using jQuery and Dojo that was capable of launching apps within itself and manage lifecycles as a marketplace.
- Took over a legacy codebase in PHP and cleaned up thousands of redundant code lines under the hood while implementing new features on the same codebase. This codebase is now robust and still runs the business.
- Delivered an Instagram clone in the early days of iOS which was built to store and upload very high quality pictures without having memory issues.
La Trobe University
- Wrote the embedded code for a smart switch which was to meter and transmit the usage of the appliance attached to the switch.
- Completed a POC for the Zero Emissions House project for the Australian Government at La Trobe University.
- Drafted, collaboratively, the protocol that would be used for the smart switches to transmit information and even be controlled remotely.
Junior Software Developer
Max Secure Software
- Researched singlehandedly the new anti-virus division based on which the product was later developed.
- Converted the research POC into a marketable anti-virus product with the team.
- Improved the quality of the anti-virus product to make it the flagship product of an established company.
Enfold Digital Locker
A microservices architecture in Python built atop Microsoft Azure's cloud allowed for this to be certified as scalable to the aforementioned level by Microsoft itself.
As the architect of the system I had a large hand in the infrastructure and code design philosophies, specifically targeted at scale and security, and as a developer I assisted in implementing the design.
Web Uptime Tracking
Initially, this began with 80 million websites, which was reduced to a modest 3.6 million "valid" websites. Each of which was monitored every half hour for their uptime statistics and stored for later processing and statistical analysis.
I architected, implemented, and operated the entirety of the web scan engine.
Crowdsourced Animal Fund Raiser
I was the technical lead on the project. As a team, we decided the investment capital was better spent on growing their customer base than re-writing the system. We fixed every bug we could find and completed "under the hood" refactors of the codebase to ensure the best standards were followed throughout their business layer.
We also introduced a rule-based throttling system to their email campaign engine to allow their marketing campaigns to remain in the "non-spam" category.
Following this, an entire line of business was introduced, around eCommerce, within the short span of four weeks. This allowed for a lean method of testing the given business and iterating without breaking the bank.
This was a crucial decision that helped them spend on their customer acquisition and retention, pushing them towards their first million in revenue. This was a pivotal point as now they are growing over 300% YoY. Their first million is but a blip in the past.
Flask, Django, Angular, AngularJS, CakePHP
Git, Ansible, RabbitMQ, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), AWS Fargate, AWS CloudFormation, Microsoft Visual C++
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Shopify, Azure, Docker, Ubuntu
Code Architecture, Solution Architecture, Architecture, APIs, Web Scraping, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Team Leadership, Business Information Systems, Neural Networks, Serverless
Liquid, jQuery, Node.js, ZeroMQ
Web Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, Test-driven Development (TDD)
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Azure Table Storage, HBase, Google Cloud, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB
Project Management, Cybersecurity
Master's Degree in Computer Science
La Trobe University - Melbourne, Australia