Verified Expert in Engineering
Complex Problem Solving Developer
Rizwan has a reputation for overcoming complex challenges through clear thinking, innovative approaches, and enhancing communication between different parts of organizations. Throughout his career, he has optimized the efforts of diverse and dispersed teams of IT professionals and has consistently delivered projects profitably in challenging environments.
.NET, GitHub, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a mental disorder diagnosis expert system which now runs publicly and has helped thousands of patients with treatment.
iOS Security Engineer
Reward Gateway, Limited
- Fixed TLS/SSL-related issues and performed certificate pinning to secure API calls.
- Protected the app from being run on Jailbroken devices. Added protection from debugger attachment.
- Added stack overflow protection by adding compiler-level stack protection checks.
iOS Security Engineer
- Created tech strategy for solving the iOS app's binary protection.
- Implemented a keychain validation to fortify biometric authentication.
- Fixed security issues in Swift identified during Pentesting.
Principal Engineer, Web2 and Web3
STEEL PERLOT MANAGEMENT, LLC
- Architected end-to-end solutions and coding core components for an application that runs on both Web2 and Web3.
- Helped with goal setting, providing clarity, and solving ambiguous problems.
- Assisted with prioritization and dependency management.
Cybersecurity Tech Lead
- Identified ISO 27001 scope of audit for small businesses.
- Performed in-depth gaps analysis to identify the security posture of the organization.
- Identified risks and provided recommendations for how to mitigate them.
Dentium RC LLC
- Created a C# desktop application that connects for oral examination webcams.
- Integrated desktop application with the website to open on click using custom windows protocols.
- Created setup and deployment project to correct install required dependencies and register custom protocols.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed integration with Zapier, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Slack.
- Created test cases using the Behave BDD framework to ensure that tests meet user acceptance criteria.
- Debugged and improved blockchain integration using W3, Nest, and Scrypt algorithms.
Back-end Java Developer
Enterprise, Fintech, and Banking Client (via Toptal)
- Created a search system for finding branches and ATMs filtered by various criteria, including a nearby feature.
- Wrote unit tests and integration tests using JUnit and Cucumber.
- Implemented performance optimizations by introducing lat/long caching on top of a Geo Time Zone API.
- Ensured that all of the REST APIs adhered to JSON API standards.
- Implemented the front end using React and developed components from scratch.
Client (via Toptal)
- Built new REST APIs in the existing codebase to provide new endpoints for the Zapier integration.
- Developed a Zapier-based app using Zapier CLI and Node.js which provided actions and triggers to app users.
- Implemented the Zapier UI in the app so that the user could enjoy dynamically populated custom fields.
C and Python Engineer
Client (via Toptal)
- Ported existing LPSolve-based code written in C to PuLP using Python.
- Helped solve hard mathematical equations optimizing consignment delivery routes, number of trucks, capacity, weight, and costs.
- Added new attributes to the ported code to optimize the solutions even further.
Client (via Toptal)
- Performed AWS single sign-on investigation and integration.
- Wrote Angular code using Amplify SDK to integrate with AWS.
- Developed test cases using Jasmine and Karma.
Full-stack Python Architect
Client (via Toptal)
- Thoroughly analyzed the current state of the project and codebase.
- Handled requirements gathering and scope definition for future enhancements.
- Proposed architectural changes when necessary.
Back-end Software Engineer (Google App Engine and Python)
Client (via Toptal)
- Defined, designed, and developed high-performance back-end services for our web applications.
- Performed test-driven development (TDD).
- Inﬂuenced and coached regional development crews that utilized a breadth of technologies including AWS, C#, Python, TypeScript, Lambda, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and various other tech stacks for performance-oriented and clean solutions.
- Created the technical architectural vision for a desktop application migration; used the TOGAF framework.
- Developed charters and contributed towards an architectural governance board as a member overseeing the architectural alignments, ISO 27001 compliance, and best practices for implementation and delivery.
- Coached and trained teams through mobbing sessions and formal training sessions for IT Security, SOLID principles, performance management, and CI/CD.
- Developed PoCs which contributed towards performance gains for applications bringing down response time from 800 milliseconds to 15 milliseconds per request.
- Guided and developed the architecture for new projects all the while addressing concerns around data migration, tech choices, performance, and security.
- Developed website and application interfaces using a variety of technologies, including .NET, Java, SharePoint, Python, and PHP.
- Architected and developed enterprise-grade solutions for a large client base using Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, including Elasticsearch, EC2, ECS, Elastibeanstalk, Docker and Kubernetes; managed up to five architects.
- Solved issues related to the integration of legacy applications and SMS aggregators, web applications with existing SharePoint applications, AWS directory services with SaaS platforms and LDAP and MS AD with cloud platforms for single sign-on.
- Architected an AWS-dependent cloud solution for the NextDoc document management system which provided an exit from the SharePoint platform—leading to a 90% decrease in the licensing and hosting costs. It also enabled new features to be added which were previously technically impossible.
- Overcame issues associated with a lack of requirements, various deployments spread across multiple branches of code, no access to professional services, new requirements, the departure of employees from a recent acquisition, and budget cuts.
- Introduced the concept of behavior-driven development.
- Established requirements gathering, an approval framework, and a SaaS foundation framework for architects.
The Gruden Group
- Coordinated up to 12 offshore resources.
- Architected and developed web and mobile solutions across diverse technologies including AWS, .NET, ColdFusion, and Sitecore.
- Developed back-end APIs for iOS and Android apps.
- Assisted with iRAP and ISO 27001 security compliance.
- Performed code and architectural reviews.
Director | Founder | Solutions Architect | Lead Developer
- Architected and developed solutions while managing up to 22 resources.
- Worked with various mobile technologies including .NET based solutions for websites and desktop-based applications.
- Reduced the company’s annual employee turnover from 80% to 10% and dramatically improved team morale and productivity.
- Saved more than $3 million for Swinburne University by redesigning the architecture and writing code converters in collaboration with the university on a one-year project to develop an online psychological support platform for Mentalhealth.org.au.
- Reduced customer complaints by introducing frameworks to manage customer expectations, mandating the use of software quality measures, and enabling account managers and technical delivery staff to understand each other’s roles.
- Worked with international money managers, brokers and startups to develop automated trading platforms for their customers. The algorithm that I developed won Dukascopy’s strategy development competition.
HP Business Partner Solutions Architect | Security Consultant | Performance Consultant
- Designed and architected enterprise infrastructure solutions based on HP technology around servers, storage, and networking for ANZ, Westpac, Swinburne University, Verbit, and OZForex. The designs always passed HP verification, the customers were consistently satisfied with the performance, and the work I undertook provided numerous upsell opportunities.
- Worked in partnership with HP and implemented the first data center shipping container in Australia for Verbit.
- Provided vulnerability scanning and compliance services to clients including ANZ to protect them from potential security breaches and millions of dollars in losses.
- Advised customers and undertook performance tuning for SQL Server, SAP, and Oracle.
- Conducted WiFi surveys to resolve contention and signal strength issues over large fields.
IT Security Auditor | Anti-money Laundering Analyst and Developer
- Worked with globally renowned hackers and security professionals to conduct security and compliance audits for financial institutions and gaming companies.
- Analyzed data reported to compliance agencies and identified and reported suspicious transactions.
- Accelerated the auditing process by developing the first software in the world that automatically downloaded data from various agencies and compliance organizations, analyzed it, and generated reports within hours with no manual intervention.
Mental Health Onlinehttps://www.mentalhealthonline.org.au/
App For Trainers
Forms Engine API
The Forms Engine provided back-end API support for tax forms to be created and rendered dynamically over the web using RESTful APIs.
Trial Balance API
PowerApp with Sharepoint Online and Rest API
.NET Core, Angular, Angular Material, .NET Compact, ASP.NET MVC, React Native, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), .NET, ASP.NET, Spring, JUnit, Flask, Classic ASP, Django, Laravel, PHPUnit, iOS SDK, Android SDK, Spring Boot
LINQ, GitHub API, jQuery, REST APIs, Node.js, Auth0 API, Ajax Control Toolkit, React, YouTube API, Vimeo API, AWS Amplify, Apache Lucene, NSQ.io, SQLAlchemy, Google Drive API, Gmail API, LinkedIn API, Windows Forms (WinForms), AES
Behave, ACL, Visual Studio .NET, C#.NET WinForms, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), AWS SDK, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Angular CLI, TFS, GitHub, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, MSTest, Adobe AIR, Microsoft Power Apps, Bitbucket, TeamCity, xUnit, Adobe ColdFusion, Zapier, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), Git, Apache Storm, NGINX, Amazon Cognito, Vagrant, Webcam SDK, Amazon ElastiCache, Aha!, WCF RIA Services, Jenkins, Microsoft Visual C++, Sentry, MetaMask, Etherscan
ACID, Agile, Unit Testing, Requirements Analysis, Linear Programming, Dynamic Programming, REST, RESTful Development, Refactoring, Photoshop Design
Android, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Docker, Windows, Oracle, iOS, Kubernetes, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), YouTube, Linux, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SharePoint, Google App Engine, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blockchain, Ethereum, Red Hat Linux
Amazon DynamoDB, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2008 R2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, MySQL, NoSQL, Google Cloud, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Forms, HP EVA SAN, HP Servers, Database Administration (DBA), Database Caching, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora
Cybersecurity, Security, Project Management, IT Security
Slack App, Enterprise Software, PCI DSS, Technical Architecture, Solution Architecture, Cloud Computing, IIS, Complex Problem Solving, SDKs, Enterprise Architecture, SOLID Principles, ISO 27001, Ajax, APIs, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Security Testing, Security Audits, PCI Compliance, System Security Developer, Mobile Security, OWASP, Clustering, Artificial Intelligence (AI), SaaS, Sitecore, PCI, Microsoft 365, Due Diligence, Software Design, Training, Learning, Scope Management, System Architecture, Mathematics, USB, Webcams, Asynchronous Pluggable Protocol, Custom Protocols, Compliance, Training & Training Content Development, AI Design, Ubuntu Server, Code Review, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Smart Contracts, Full-stack, Front-end, Back-end, The Graph, Magic Link Authentication, Moralis, Cloud, Alchemy, IPFS, Information Systems
Master of Science Degree in Artificial Intelligence
Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology - Karachi, Pakistan
Bachelor of Science Degree (Honors) in Computing and Information Systems
London Metropolitan University - London, UK
HP Solutions Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise