Cybersecurity Tech Lead2021 - 2021[Toptal Client]
Technologies: ISO 27001, IT Security, Cybersecurity, Compliance
- Identified ISO 27001 scope of audit for small businesses.
- Performed in-depth gaps analysis to identify the security posture of the organization.
- Identified risks and provided recommendations for how to mitigate them.
C#/C++/Node.js Developer2020 - 2020Dentium RC LLC
Technologies: C#, Windows Forms, C++, USB, Webcams, Webcam SDK, Asynchronous Pluggable Protocol, Custom Protocols
- Created a C# desktop application that connects for oral examination webcams.
- Integrated desktop application with the website to open on click using custom windows protocols.
- Created setup and deployment project to correct install required dependencies and register custom protocols.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Phragmites
Technologies: Ethereum, Behave, LinkedIn API, Gmail API, Slack App, Google Drive API, Blockchain, SQLAlchemy, Flask, NSQ.io, MySQL, Python, Google Cloud, Zapier
- Developed integration with Zapier, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Slack.
- Created test cases using the Behave BDD framework to ensure that tests meet user acceptance criteria.
- Debugged and improved blockchain integration using W3, Nest, and Scrypt algorithms.
Back-end Java Developer2019 - 2020Enterprise, Fintech, and Banking Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, JUnit, Node.js, Docker, Spring, Apache Lucene, Java
- Created a search system for finding branches and ATMs filtered by various criteria, including a nearby feature.
- Wrote unit tests and integration tests using JUnit and Cucumber.
- Implemented performance optimizations by introducing lat/long caching on top of a Geo Time Zone API.
- Ensured that all of the REST APIs adhered to JSON API standards.
- Implemented the front end using React and developed components from scratch.
API Developer2019 - 2019Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, Vagrant, REST, Zapier, PostgreSQL, Django, Python
- Built new REST APIs in the existing codebase to provide new endpoints for the Zapier integration.
- Developed a Zapier-based app using Zapier CLI and Node.js which provided actions and triggers to app users.
- Implemented the Zapier UI in the app so that the user could enjoy dynamically populated custom fields.
C and Python Engineer2019 - 2019Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mathematics, Dynamic Programming, Linear Programming, C, Python
- Ported existing LPSolve-based code written in C to PuLP using Python.
- Helped solve hard mathematical equations optimizing consignment delivery routes, number of trucks, capacity, weight, and costs.
- Added new attributes to the ported code to optimize the solutions even further.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS Amplify, Amazon Cognito, Angular, AWS EC2, Apache Kafka, Nginx, Apache Storm, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Node.js, Laravel, Django, Python
- Performed AWS single sign-on investigation and integration.
- Wrote Angular code using Amplify SDK to integrate with AWS.
- Developed test cases using Jasmine and Karma.
Full-stack Python Architect2018 - 2018Client (via Toptal)
- Thoroughly analyzed the current state of the project and codebase.
- Handled requirements gathering and scope definition for future enhancements.
- Proposed architectural changes when necessary.
Back-end Software Engineer (Google App Engine and Python)2018 - 2018Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, SaaS, Java, AWS, Database Caching, Google App Engine, Unit Testing, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, Software Design, Python
- Defined, designed, and developed high-performance back-end services for our web applications.
- Performed test-driven development (TDD).
Senior Architect2017 - 2018MYOB
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SaaS, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Windows, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, .NET Core, AWS, Python, C#, .NET
- Inﬂuenced and coached regional development crews that utilized a breadth of technologies including AWS, C#, Python, TypeScript, Lambda, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and various other tech stacks for performance-oriented and clean solutions.
- Created the technical architectural vision for a desktop application migration; used the TOGAF framework.
- Developed charters and contributed towards an architectural governance board as a member overseeing the architectural alignments, ISO 27001 compliance, and best practices for implementation and delivery.
- Coached and trained teams through mobbing sessions and formal training sessions for IT Security, SOLID principles, performance management, and CI/CD.
- Developed PoCs which contributed towards performance gains for applications bringing down response time from 800 milliseconds to 15 milliseconds per request.
- Guided and developed the architecture for new projects all the while addressing concerns around data migration, tech choices, performance, and security.
Chief Architect2015 - 2017Aurea Software
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, Python, ASP.NET, Classic ASP, PHP, SharePoint, SaaS, Visual Basic, Java, .NET, AWS
- Developed website and application interfaces using a variety of technologies, including .NET, Java, SharePoint, Python, and PHP.
- Architected and developed enterprise-grade solutions for a large client base using Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, including Elasticsearch, EC2, ECS, Elastibeanstalk, Docker and Kubernetes; managed up to five architects.
- Solved issues related to the integration of legacy applications and SMS aggregators, web applications with existing SharePoint applications, AWS directory services with SaaS platforms and LDAP and MS AD with cloud platforms for single sign-on.
- Architected an AWS-dependent cloud solution for the NextDoc document management system which provided an exit from the SharePoint platform—leading to a 90% decrease in the licensing and hosting costs. It also enabled new features to be added which were previously technically impossible.
- Overcame issues associated with a lack of requirements, various deployments spread across multiple branches of code, no access to professional services, new requirements, the departure of employees from a recent acquisition, and budget cuts.
- Introduced the concept of behavior-driven development.
- Established requirements gathering, an approval framework, and a SaaS foundation framework for architects.
Solutions Architect2015 - 2015The Gruden Group
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Sitecore, Adobe ColdFusion, .NET, AWS
- Coordinated up to 12 offshore resources.
- Architected and developed web and mobile solutions across diverse technologies including AWS, .NET, ColdFusion, and Sitecore.
- Developed back-end APIs for iOS and Android apps.
- Assisted with iRAP and ISO 27001 security compliance.
- Performed code and architectural reviews.
Director | Founder | Solutions Architect | Lead Developer2008 - 2015YDA
Technologies: Web Forms, ASP.NET, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Perl, Visual Basic, C#, TFS, .NET
- Architected and developed solutions while managing up to 22 resources.
- Worked with various mobile technologies including .NET based solutions for websites and desktop-based applications.
- Reduced the company’s annual employee turnover from 80% to 10% and dramatically improved team morale and productivity.
- Saved more than $3 million for Swinburne University by redesigning the architecture and writing code converters in collaboration with the university on a one-year project to develop an online psychological support platform for Mentalhealth.org.au.
- Reduced customer complaints by introducing frameworks to manage customer expectations, mandating the use of software quality measures, and enabling account managers and technical delivery staff to understand each other’s roles.
- Worked with international money managers, brokers and startups to develop automated trading platforms for their customers. The algorithm that I developed won Dukascopy’s strategy development competition.
HP Business Partner Solutions Architect | Security Consultant | Performance Consultant2010 - 2014Triforce Australia
Technologies: Database Administration (DBA), Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, PCI, ISO 27001, HP Servers, HP EVA SAN
- Designed and architected enterprise infrastructure solutions based on HP technology around servers, storage, and networking for ANZ, Westpac, Swinburne University, Verbit, and OZForex. The designs always passed HP verification, the customers were consistently satisfied with the performance, and the work I undertook provided numerous upsell opportunities.
- Worked in partnership with HP and implemented the first data center shipping container in Australia for Verbit.
- Provided vulnerability scanning and compliance services to clients including ANZ to protect them from potential security breaches and millions of dollars in losses.
- Advised customers and undertook performance tuning for SQL Server, SAP, and Oracle.
- Conducted WiFi surveys to resolve contention and signal strength issues over large fields.
IT Security Auditor | Anti-money Laundering Analyst and Developer2009 - 2010Risk Associates
Technologies: Due Diligence, Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), Microsoft 365, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET
- Worked with globally renowned hackers and security professionals to conduct security and compliance audits for financial institutions and gaming companies.
- Analyzed data reported to compliance agencies and identified and reported suspicious transactions.
- Accelerated the auditing process by developing the first software in the world that automatically downloaded data from various agencies and compliance organizations, analyzed it, and generated reports within hours with no manual intervention.