Senior Architect2017 - 2018MYOB
Technologies: .NET, C#, Python, AWS, .NET Core, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, Windows, AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS DynamoDB, NoSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, SaaS
- Inﬂuenced and coached regional development crews which utilized a breadth of technologies including AWS, C#, Python, TypeScript, Lambda, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and various other tech stacks for performance-oriented and clean solutions.
- Created the technical architectural vision for a desktop application migration; used the TOGAF framework.
- Developed charters and contributed towards an architectural governance board as a member overseeing the architectural alignments, ISO 27001 compliance, and best practices for implementation and delivery.
- Coached and trained teams through mobbing sessions and formal training sessions for IT Security, SOLID principles, performance management, and CI/CD.
- Developed PoCs which contributed towards performance gains for applications bringing down response time from 800 milliseconds to 15 milliseconds per request.
- Guided and developed the architecture for new projects all the while addressing concerns around data migration, tech choices, performance, and security.
Chief Architect2015 - 2017Aurea Software
Technologies: AWS, .NET, Java, Visual Basic, SaaS, SharePoint, PHP, Classic ASP, ASP.NET, Python, Elasticsearch
- Developed website and application interfaces using a variety of technologies including .NET, Java, SharePoint, Python, PHP.
- Architected and developed enterprise-grade solutions for a large client base using Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, including Elasticsearch, EC2, ECS, Elastibeanstalk, Docker and Kubernetes; managed up to five architects.
- Solved issues related to the integration of legacy applications and SMS aggregators, web applications with existing SharePoint applications, AWS directory services with SaaS platforms and LDAP and MS AD with Cloud platforms for single sign-ons.
- Architected an AWS-dependent cloud solution for the NextDoc document management system which provided an exit from the SharePoint platform—leading to a 90% decrease in licensing and hosting costs. It also enabled new features to be added which were previously technically impossible.
- Overcame issues associated with a lack of requirements, various deployments spread across multiple branches of code, no access to professional services, new requirements, the departure of employees from a recent acquisition, and budget cuts.
- Introduced the concept of behavior-driven development.
- Established requirements gathering, an approval framework, and a SaaS foundation framework for architects.
Solutions Architect2015 - 2015The Gruden Group
Technologies: AWS, .NET, ColdFusion, Sitecore
- Coordinated up to 12 offshore resources.
- Architected and developed web and mobile solutions across diverse technologies including AWS, .NET, ColdFusion, and Sitecore.
- Developed back-end APIs for iOS and Android apps.
- Assisted with iRAP and ISO 27001 security compliance.
- Performed code and architectural reviews.
Director | Founder | Solutions Architect | Lead Developer2008 - 2015YDA
Technologies: .NET, TFS, C#, Visual Basic, Perl, SQL Server, MySQL, ASP.NET, Web Forms
- Architected and developed solutions while managing up to 22 resources.
- Worked with various mobile technologies including .NET based solutions for websites and desktop-based applications.
- Reduced the company’s annual employee turnover from 80% to 10% and dramatically improved team morale and productivity.
- Saved more than $3 million for Swinburne University by redesigning the architecture and writing code converters in collaboration with the university on a one-year project to develop an online psychological support platform for Mentalhealth.org.au.
- Reduced customer complaints by introducing frameworks to manage customer expectations, mandating the use of software quality measures, and enabling account managers and technical delivery staff to understand each other’s roles.
- Worked with international money managers, brokers and startups to develop automated trading platforms for their customers. The algorithm that I developed won Dukascopy’s strategy development competition.
HP Business Partner Solutions Architect | Security Consultant | Performance Consultant2010 - 2014Triforce Australia
Technologies: HP Data Centre, HP SAN, HP Servers, ISO 27001, PCI, .NET, SQL Server, Windows Administration, Database Administration
- Designed and architected enterprise infrastructure solutions based on HP technology around servers, storage, and networking for ANZ, Westpac, Swinburne University, VerbIT, and OZForex. The designs always passed HP verification, the customers were consistently satisfied with the performance, and the work I undertook provided numerous upsell opportunities.
- Worked in partnership with HP and implemented the first data center shipping container in Australia for VerbIT.
- Provided vulnerability scanning and compliance services to clients including ANZ to protect them from potential security breaches and millions of dollars in losses.
- Advised customers and undertook performance tuning for SQL Server, SAP, and Oracle.
- Conducted WiFi surveys to resolve contention and signal strength issues over large fields.
IT Security Auditor | Anti-money Laundering Analyst and Developer2009 - 2010Risk Associates
Technologies: .Net, SQL Server, Office Automation, VSTO, Due Diligence, Chi-Square Testing
- Worked with globally renowned hackers and security professionals to conduct security and compliance audits for financial institutions and gaming companies.
- Analyzed data reported to compliance agencies and identified and reported suspicious transactions.
- Accelerated the auditing process by developing the first software in the world that automatically downloaded data from various agencies and compliance organizations, analyzed it, and generated reports within hours with no manual intervention.