Technical Leader2020 - 2021Switch Software Solutions
Technologies: Java, Spring, AWS, Angular, Jira, Confluence, JSON, REST, Auth, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Elastic, Oracle, Hibernate, Docker, Spring Boot
- Worked as a technical lead for several components and was in charge of integrating them in a global payment gateway to the acquirers.
- Modernized the application architecture. I have defined a set of standard components for providing cross-component functionalities to standardize some repetitive features in a microservices-oriented architecture.
- Set up the architecture of the new components from scratch. Defined the quality standards and processes. Configured CI/CD pipelines and automated release and deployment tasks.
- Defined and configured AWS environments. Managed resources and automated their creation.
- Documented best practices and programming patterns to raise the quality of future developments. Added unit tests for some of the most common and essential functionalities. Coordinated and mentored new developers for specific projects.
- Helped consolidate the joint work of the local team in Montevideo with Bangalore, defining agile processes and aligning teamwork. I also led the regional development work within a developers' team.
- Acted as a recruiter of the company performing technical interviews.
Technical Leader, Architect2019 - 2020AstroPay
Technologies: Java, Go, Kotlin, Spring, AWS, Elastic, MySQL, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, Spring Boot, REST APIs
- Started and developed the new portal of the company. Designed, implemented, and maintained many REST API integrations, back-end services, and web Interfaces using Java and Spring while using CI/CD.
- Helped migrate the entire IT department infrastructure to another AWS account, automating the creation of resources in AWS. Reimplemented some components to split the monolithic back end to a microservice architecture.
- Configured a new development process and the release of components based on a standard pipeline of release and installation from the beginning. Defined quality standards and automated all manual processes.
- Brought functional programming patterns into the project, allowing more leisurely development of new features, bugs reduction, and code redundancy minimization.
- Led the development work with a team of back-end developers and software testers.
- Documented best practices and programming patterns to raise the quality of future developments. Trained new members and junior developers.
Technical Leader, Full-stack2017 - 2019Switch Software Solutions
Technologies: Java, Angular, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Scrum, Spring, REST, SOAP, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Neo4j
- Worked as a full-stack technical leader in a merchant portal of a finance company from the US using Java, Angular, and Spring. It was a fast-paced environment where we deployed to production at least once a week.
- Performed functional integrations between the core gateway and several smaller components. I also technically led a team of developers and testers and coordinated with other distributed teams.
- Prepared and presented live demos to product owners, giving sign-off to several features and bug fixes.
- Collaborated with different teams in times of critical delivery, quickly helped with various tasks, and was recognized by the team members.
- Added unit tests for some of the most common and essential functionalities.
- Documented best practices and programming patterns to raise the quality of future developments.
Software Engineer2013 - 2017Ideasoft SRL
Technologies: Java, Spring, Git, eXist-db, Confluence, Jira, REST, SOAP, GWT, HTML, CSS, Spring Boot, REST APIs
- Involved in multiple application components' development: integration systems using SOAP, REST, and ETL processes; the security framework with CAS authentication, registering, profile management, and other features; refactoring and improvement.
- Designed and developed an architectural refactor of one of the main components of the application, increasing scalability and reducing development time and effort for future integrations.
- Worked in a small team to deliver a large in-house project to replace a layer of integration systems that affected many back-end components.