Firebase Engineer2021 - PRESENTNSExtensions (via Toptal)
- Built a cloud-based, serverless solution, from scratch, based on Google Cloud Run and Firebase functions as the main architecture for the shipping solution the company is building.
- Developed a React PWA app to consume the services provided by the architecture mentioned above. Deployed in production for their main corporate client.
- Set up environments to handle corporate clients and a mass consumption app to be released soon.
- Developed a simple back office for data analysis based on React-admin.
Principal Software Engineer2020 - 2020Bilue
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Android, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, JSON, Firebase Cloud Functions, Android Studio, Android SDK, Buildkite, BrainTree, QA Automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Release Management, Software Architecture
- Worked on Android projects for one of Australia's leading health insurance providers.
- Integrated with a company team to help the main developer transition to another project and helped build a new team.
- Tackled main screen tech-debt refactoring, app stabilization (from an approximate 94% crash-free session rate to over 99.6%), biometrics login, PDF claiming, and digital payments (Braintree integration and NFC EFTPOS device communications).
Android Lead Engineer2018 - 2020Moment
Technologies: OpenGL, RenderScript, Java, Android, Kotlin, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, JSON, Android Studio, Android SDK, QA Automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Release Management, Software Architecture
- Built the Moment Android photography app to make the most out of Moment's adaptable lenses. I built the base level from scratch as the sole developer.
- Forged a team of remote developers across the globe, collaborating remotely on the product features. At the peak time, we were four developers across three time zones.
- Developed live image processing features, such as histogram, waveform, video bitrate setup, anamorphic de-squeezing, focus peaking, highlight clipping, shadow clipping, FPS, bitrate, and resolution configs based on device capabilities.
Senior Android Developer2017 - 2018UBank
Technologies: Android, Java, Kotlin, Firebase, CI/CD Pipelines, JSON, Android Studio, Android SDK, BrainTree, Continuous Integration (CI), Release Management, Software Architecture
- Implemented Firebase as the main tracking tool for crashes, allowing us to gather production information to fix complex, device-specific bugs.
- Maintained the application while developing the architecture for the app redesign and helped the company set up a team.
- Managed and implemented a security code compliance project on the underlying technology for VISA mobile payments.
Android Developer2015 - 2016Love Agency
Technologies: Android Wear, API Design, Android, Java, JSON, Android Studio, Android SDK, Continuous Integration (CI), Software Architecture
- Contributed to the development, codebase maintenance, and improvements for Australia's number one Android betting app—the agency's most important client.
- Developed an Android smartwatch and companion app, from scratch, for fall and seizure detection.
- Oversaw a quality assurance process, thereby increasing code coverage from 0% to 50%.
Android Head Developer2014 - 2015Tachanfil
- Extracted newspaper information from the app and moved it into a back-end API service.
- Converted the app layout function from static to dynamic in order to resize layouts automatically when adding, removing, and updating newspaper content.
- Developed features such as content sharing, newspaper sortings per category based on users, and back-end selections.
- Set up and configured GitHub for code management and designed policies for the developers to come.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: Apache Struts, Oracle, Hibernate, Spring, Apache Struts 2, Java, XML, JSON, Full-stack, Android SDK, MySQL, CircleCI, Release Management, Software Architecture
- Connected SIGRES, a ship residual and waste management system, to an Oracle database, using Hibernate, before going live on Argentina's national maritime ports.
- Configured dependency injection, using Spring, and introduced the first tests to the project. Established a TDD process, enabling developers to continue improving on this.
- Implemented an AFIP system integration for the Argentine Taxation Office, enabling login in with special privileges.
Support Manager2013 - 2014FDV Solutions
Technologies: Agile, Gantt Charts, Project Management, CI/CD Pipelines, JSON, Jenkins, Release Management
- Assisted with building a support area to handle all the projects related to legacy support and establish best practices to tackle them.
- Built an internal team of developers willing to tackle this.
- Documented processes for onboarding, conflict resolution, project documentation, and Agile project tracking.
Project Leader2012 - 2013FDV Solutions
Technologies: Jira, Project Management, Scrum, JSON, Jenkins
- Implemented Scrum processes, incorporating the client into team meetings and discussions, which resulted in a very successful engagement.
- Incorporated showcases for clients as a way to demonstrate completed work prior to conducting retrospectives.
- Unified the project information in Jira as a single point of failure (SPOF) for the project.
Senior Java Developer2011 - 2012FDV Solutions
Technologies: Web, Oracle, Hibernate, Play, Java, XML, JSON, Jenkins, Software Architecture
- Created a graph to visualize time of day and drinks inputs for ENDWI, an alcohol consumption tracking app endorsed by the Texas government in the United States.
- Developed a Play Framework web back-end application for GSM geolocation used by Colombian post nets.
- Tracked and fixed bugs, using Jira as a reporting tool.
Technical Leader2010 - 2011Odea srl.
Technologies: JSF, Oracle, Java, XML, Linux, Full-stack, Jenkins, Software Architecture
- Helped organize a remote team for YPF, a petrol company and Odea's main client, covering the main product for gas and petrol delivery tracking.
- Played a key role in the analysis, design, and development of the GasTracker system to identify the origins of gas for sale. Provided infrastructure consulting and configuration management.
- Conducted pulse meetings to manage projects related to maintenance, upgrades, and architectural improvements.
Developer Analyst2009 - 2010MercadoLibre
Technologies: SQL, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL, Java, XML, Linux, Full-stack, MySQL, Software Architecture
- Accomplished a long-overdue points migration (v2 to v3) over the MercadoPago (LATAM payments solution) platform, using PL/SQL scripts running at night, monitoring results every morning, and tweaking the process as needed.
- Implemented a search algorithm based on query matches against a category tree, using a weight-algorithm solution for the MercadoClics platform.
- Assisted with the company's transition from Waterfall to Agile project management methodologies.
Developer Analyst2008 - 2009Syscope
- Managed web-based projects, end-to-end, communicating directly with clients.
- Developed an open-source PHP component for a CakePHP framework to add language translations to websites easily (managed from the back end).
- Advanced rapidly to working on PHP production projects for clients after starting with zero PHP experience.
Java Developer2007 - 2008Modhelus
- Conducted unit tests to improve coverage of the front-end web system while working as a trainee through my university internship program.
- Joined the back-end team and developed tree structure-based solutions for complex performance problems.
- Used the same tree-based solution for generating reports in CSV format.