HTML Developer in New York, NY, United States
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Chance Company
Technologies: Node.js, React, SQL
- Designed and built the entire back-end architecture of a web platform in Node.js.
- Developed the React front-end of the application to allow users to interact with an AI assistant bot.
- Integrated the back-end service with Motion AI and Smooch to allow for seamless communication between the chatbot and users.
- Deployed the entire web application on AWS including adding appropriate IP white-listing to ensure application security.
- Demoed the system to the entire company and explained how it most effectively automated the workflow for our customer relations team.
Co-Founder | CTO2015 - 2017Share on Bazaar
Technologies: Node.js, React, Redux, MongoDB, AWS Elasticbeanstalk
- Built and maintained a back-end server which completes a RESTful API for users, transactions, reviews, and messages.
- Implemented a real-time messaging system using Socket.IO and Node.js.
- Designed and implemented a matching algorithm to connect users based on shared interests, skills, and physical location.
- Built the front-end of a site in React—incorporating popular frameworks such as Redux, React Router, Webpack, Express, and Bootstrap.
- Oversaw and managed the development of an Android mobile application to accompany the website.
- Deployed the site on AWS Elasticbeanstalk—creating live development and production environments.
- Incorporated continuous integration builds into the development workflow, using Travis CI.
Software Engineer2012 - 2017Endless Computers
- Built an offline encyclopedia application which served over 80,000 articles, and provided search and browsing capabilities.
- Created a photos application in Python where users could browse, edit, and share their photos.
- Built a responsive, modular UI framework that allows third-party developers and even those with little to no programming experience, to create applications for our OS.
- Created the first-ever Flatpak bundle for the popular Sublime Text Editor—making it easy to install on any Linux distribution that supports the Flaptak package management system.
- Contributed to Endless' numerous open-source projects, including Xapian bridge—a light-weight server which exposes the Xapian database API over HTTP.
- Ported several components in the UI framework to use Emeus—a constraint-based layout manager for GTK+, written using the Cassowary constraint solving algorithm.
Developer Publications Writer2011 - 2011Apple Computers
Technologies: Objective-C, Cocoa API, iOS
- Wrote extensive code documentation for the new Core Image API on iOS 5.
- Developed several small test applications for Apple's developer website that demonstrates a key functionality in iOS 5.
- Share on Bazaar (Development)
Share on Bazaar is a skill-sharing website that matches users together based on the skills they want to learn and those they have to offer. The primary user base is in Berlin, Germany, and the goal is to bring together refugees and locals via skill exchanges.
The website is built using Node.js, React, and MongoDB
Libraries/APIsNode.js, React, React Router, Socket.IO
ToolsGit, Webpack, GTK+, MATLAB, Travis CI
ParadigmsAgile Software Development
PlatformsLinux, MacOS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
StorageMongoDB, MySQL, Xapian
OtherRESTful APIs, Machine Learning, Statistics
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Redux, AVA.js
- Master's degree in Computer Science2012 - 2014Stanford University - Stanford, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2008 - 2012Stanford University - Stanford, CA, USA