Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTRentpost
Technologies: AWS, PHP, Microservices
- Ported a existing SaaS platform to a REST API.
- Derived microservices from a large monolithic app.
- Enchanced an existing application with AWS tools.
- Optimized an existing codebase.
Lead Developer2016 - 2017Hauskontor.de
Technologies: Symfony 3, Ansible, REST API
- Helped coordinate a small team of developers.
- Architected the application.
- Worked in a fast-paced, ambitious startup environment.
Lead Developer2016 - 2016Sports Standardized Athletic Testing
Technologies: Symfony 3, PHP, REST API, Web Scraping, Ansible, Data and statistics
- Build the entire MVP from ground up with Symfony 3.
- Handled the entire tech stack.
- Worked with the client to deliver the MVP is a timely fashion.
Lead Web Developer2012 - 2015Vouched For
Technologies: Symfony 2, Doctrine 2, REST API, Puppet, Git, Payment Gateways
- Built the entire web application and REST API from the ground up using Symfony 2.
- Contributed to public Git projects for a prominent UK payment gateway (GoCardless).
- Mentored junior developers.
- Contributed to major decision-making regarding platform architecture.
- Grew with the startup from the early days of just three staff members to a company which now employs over thirty people.
Founder/Developer2010 - 2012Realty Hub, Pty., Ltd.
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, Symfony 2, MySQL, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Web Services, XML, Git, Payment Gateways
- Founded Realty Hub after identifying a need for a new product in the real estate industry.
- Oversaw every aspect of software development from gathering software requirements to application development in PHP/Symfony 2.
- Consulted existing users on how to improve the platform.
- Actively contributed to non-dev aspects of the startup.
Web Developer2011 - 2011Visual Domain
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, MySQL, jQuery, AJAX, SVN
- Brought in as a short-term contractor to help cover a surge in work.
- Worked with the client to determine the best software solution for their situation.
- Collaborated with companies' internal developers to maintain existing coding practices and to integrate the new module with exiting workflow.
Web Developer2009 - 2010MyHome Group
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX, XML, Flash, SVN
- Developed both internal office web applications and a public-facing real estate portal written in PHP.
- Supported applications including a financial system for managing client debt and a system to deliver interactive real estate media (virtual tours) to clients.
- Worked alongside senior programmers but also worked on my own projects completely independently.
- Listened to the needs of non-dev staff and suggested/implemented features to streamline office operations.
Web Developer2008 - 2008Goose Creative
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, AJAX, Flash, SVN
- Worked as lead programmer on a complex CMS built from the ground up.
- Introduced a better software engineering culture to the organization (version control and documentation practices).
- Coordinated work between the other PHP developer, the Flash developer, and graphic designers.
- Managed workload between concurrent projects for a variety of clients.
- Worked within tight deadlines in the competitive digital agency industry.
Junior Web Developer2007 - 2007AHM Australian Health Management
- Helped maintain existing components and create new features for the website and web application.
- Ported large portions of ASP code into the new PHP 5 platform.
- Adjusted quickly as a junior to a new corporate environment.
Junior Web Developer2006 - 2007Freelance
- Designed the back-end for small websites and web applications including things such as CMS and eCommerce websites.
- Liaised with clients regularly about project status or improved user requirements.
- Coordinated my work with internal dev teams where appropriate.
- Networked to acquire my own clients.
- Dealt with all the challenges of being a completely independent junior developer.