Software Engineer2019 - 2020Rapid7
Technologies: Java, Spring, Maven, AWS EC2, AWS EMR, Elasticsearch, AWS S3, SQL, NoSQL, Hive, Spark
- Designed modules for microservices platform architecture using maven, Java, Spring framework, AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Spinnaker, IntelliJ, Eclipse, EMR, Hive.
- Interfaced the existing codebase with the new Elastic API.
- Responded to customer reported defects with existing product logic fixes for insight Platform related to data inconsistencies between MySQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Implemented cross-index filtering to allow more advanced queries of a distributed NoSQL document search framework using Java.
- Correctly implemented per object filter matching for a distributed NoSQL document search framework using Java.
- Attempted to implement cross index in memory field joiners for multiple cloud computing modalities.
Quantitative Software Developer2018 - 2019Cubist Systematic Strategies
Technologies: C++, Python, SQL, Bash, Java, Linux
- Maintained regular running processes.
- Accelerated the data processing in various ways.
- Created code that interfaced with other vendors' code.
Research Assistant2015 - 2018University of Michigan
- Enabled long-range wireless communication for Signpost's city-scale sensing platform by designing the LoRa link serial communication module.
- Wrote C code and designed signal processing experiments on an embedded device for Signpost.
- Developed a Julia software package to facilitate medical imaging reconstruction; it was linked to compiled C code to accelerate computations.
- Coded various Julia algorithms to solve gradient descent problems in the context of medical imaging reconstruction.