Verified Expert in Engineering
Saurabh is a qualified engineer with more than a decade of proven experience in solving complex problems with scalable solutions, harnessing the power of PHP frameworks/CMS with a keen eye on UX. He is a professional who looks forward to working on high-quality projects—on a side note, his clients and coworkers call him SD. Saurabh has co-founded the world's 1st composer-based WordPress-managed hosting, wewp.io.
WooCommerce, Drupal, Magento, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Lando, DigitalOcean, PhpStorm
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a web app that gathers a patient's health data from wearables and provides it to doctors for analysis and treatment.
Full-stack Web Developer
Clients (via Toptal)
- Coded new WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and modified existing themes and plugins.
- Made periodic updates to the corporate website using an agile scrum team.
- Designed and developed custom Shopify websites. Developed Shopify API and apps. Gained expertise with the Sellers Plan API.
- Implemented and maintained content management systems (primarily WordPress and some Drupal), including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of custom SLS plugins and content types.
- Developed and deployed upgrade/migration plans for content management systems.
- Optimized several WordPress websites, helping to reduce page load speeds and improve PageSpeed Insights (PSI) scores.
- Shared my solid understanding of WordPress standards, database structure, themes, widgets, and responsive mobile development.
- Gained web development experience and proficiency in Laravel and Shopify API integration, ensuring seamless communication, custom app development, and mentoring junior developers.
Senior React and WordPress Engineer
- Enhanced a WordPress plugin's features and functionalities and made it a premium with new features for an XML sitemap generator plugin.
- Designed integration for an individual website for plugin users.
- Enhanced a community plugin and integrated a search engine optimization (SEO) report graphical view.
- Added multiple site reports to the premium users' website.
- Stored and created an admin panel to access payment data.
- Defined and wrote test cases for WordPress plugins.
- Migrated data from a new plugin to an old one to provide offline support.
- Created AWS APIs for a React app that can be used as a plugin and a standalone app.
WordPress Plugin Developer
Inbound Rocket (via Toptal)
- Extended the Inbound Rocket plugin with a new power-up called Welcome Mat. The plugin will reuse elements of our existing power-up "scroll boxes" (on how to create custom post types, adding new "welcome mats," deleting "welcome mats," having the Inbound Rocket custom header and footer above the custom post types, and more).
- Built a configurable welcome mat according to the website theme.
- Developed an add-on (i.e., a welcome mat) that will be displayed to the user based on cookie settings and setup defined by the admin user: certain posts, pages, post types, and more.
- Created dynamic form fields for each welcome mat which appeared on the front-end depending upon the admin settings which includes following field types: radio button group, checkbox group, single select checkbox, dropdown menus, hidden fields, and text fields (validations like email, phone, name).
- Implemented two modes for each welcome mat: normal and embedded.
- Converted a static HTML eCommerce site into a dynamic, WooCommerce powered platform with the ability to sell physical, virtual, and subscription items.
- Performed effectively in an agile team-oriented environment (local and global teams).
- Participated in all phases of the SDK construction process from concept to end delivery and support for third-party developers.
- Designed the architecture of complex web applications. Worked with AngularJS, Backbone.js, or similar front-end web application frameworks. Worked with Express or similar back-end Node.js web application frameworks.
- Attended to WordPress migrations, Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Built responsive WordPress websites and mobile apps.
- Served as the social media expert at Abuzz Creative and managed the social media of businesses with creative, engaging posts that entice followers to like and share on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Constructed Drupal modules and patches and monitored uptime, hosting, and databases to ensure the site was performing at maximum capacity.
- Understood the differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop) and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
Head of Department (HOD) — IT Development
- Conducted project planning and team allocation.
- Developed in an agile environment.
- Identified the right technology fit as per requirements.
- Developed code optimization techniques.
- Conducted project planning, staff augmentations, and led the end-to-end project execution.
- Built a web-based directory system on touch machines (SiteKiosk).
- Developed a web-based system for the medical transcription process.
- Integrated Flex with CakePHP through Amfphp.
- Gained extensive exposure to open-source CMSs like WordPress and Drupal.
- Encountered PHP as a trainee under a great mentor and learned the global coding standards for PHP.
- Built an application to fetch and modify eBay data using the eBay API and PHP.
- Developed an application to search the eBay site using the shopping web API.
- Made an application to fetch addresses from the user’s address books in Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Indiatimes, and MSN Messenger (Curl and PHP).
- Implemented eCommerce systems including shopping cart applications in PHP and MySQL.
Shopify Website for Website Accessibilityhttps://www.keetsa.com/
My task was to resolve this focus issue and ensure that when the cart section is open, the focus remains only on the cart and not on other parts of the website. By doing so, I made the cart more accessible and user-friendly for people with disabilities.
WordPress Developer for Travel Conference Sitehttps://tbexcon.com/
What I did:
• New theme implementation for TBEX North America Fall 2022
• North America Lafayette page updates - home page elements update
• North America Lafayette page updates - about page, FAQ, travels creatives, hotels/ lodging page, COVID-19 protocols, farm trips page elements updated
• Home page and other sub-pages made responsive
• Removed animation from the home page
Plugins used :
• Uncanny Automator
• W3 Total Cache (W3TC)
Page builder: WPBakery Page Builder
Features: TBEX blog
Multisite WordPress Website Using a Multi-network Pluginhttps://www.findersinternational.ie/
Frogger Golf | WordPress WooCommerce Websitehttp://www.froggergolf.com
• Developed with WordPress and WooCommerce.
• Handled customization tasks.
• Implemented theming.
• Performed page speed optimization.
Multisite WordPress Real Estate Websitehttp://www.cedarglenliving.com/
Medical Domain WordPress WooCommerce Sitehttp://biologyskin.com/
• Designed and developed a custom theme.
Infographic Resumes WordPress WooCommerce Websitehttp://www.infographicresumes.com
BockLighting | Drupal 8, B2B
• Live chat (attachment, GIF, emoji)
• Latest projects/product
• Jenkins: installing Docker, database upload, config import, cleared the cache, PDF support, product builder (hover effects)
• Login and registration: social media login/email login, social media integration.
• Payment shall be made by credit card or cash only.
• Payment by cash in advance of shipment will be required for any customer without an active credit account (by MasterCard, Visa or American Express).
Custom Tailored WordPress | WooCommerce Websitehttps://propelbikes.com/
• Revamped it from scratch.
• Evaluated and minimized used plugins, but the functionalities remained the same.
• Used a content delivery network (CDN).
Life Coaching Scholarshttps://thelifecoachschool.com
Features and Project Details:
• Design and development of the app from scratch
• GDPR consent management platform
• Responsiveness along with a video podcast and a Vimeo audio player
• Video storage on CloudFront and SoundCloud
• Management on AWS CDN
• Caching (watch again, automatic updating if connected to WiFi/internet)
• Implementation of WordPress widgets, jQuery UI, revealing CSS animations as you scroll down a page, Ajax Libraries API, Yoast plugins
• Usage of Nginx, Pantheon, Cloudflare hosting, and SSL solutions from Cloudflare
• Designed and developed from scratch.
Surfer's Shopify Websitehttps://www.hansensurf.com/
Widget: Facebook, OWL Carousel
Analytics: Google Analytics
Font Script: Font Awesome, Google Font API
Web Server: Nginx
CDN: Google Cloud
Inventory Management Software Websitehttps://www.sortly.com/
Bastow | Drupal 8
The website is for an educational institute that provides professional learning to aspiring and current educational leaders to build their capacity, knowledge, and skills at every career stage.
What we did:
The website was already in development when we started the work but the last developers created a mess. We have rephrased the existing designs, scrapped the content types, modules, and the website and built it using GovCMS.
• Search option
• Podcasts integration (audio)
• Publications integration (PDF)
• Video integration with transcripts
• Google Map integration
• MailChimp integration
• WCAG complaint
• Supports cross-browser compatibility
Plugins: Solr search API
Complex Features: None
Theme: Custom theme, GOV CMS
Technologies: Drupal 8, SaaS, Distribution (GovCMS), Host (Amazee.io), PHP, Lua, GTM, Google Analytics, jQuery, Bootstrap
Custom Shopify Website
I developed the website from scratch, integrated the store setup and design setup, and installed a payment gateway with Stripe.
THE PHOTO ACADEMY | Drupal 7http://www.thephotoacademy.com/
The main features include the following:
• Trilingual language options
• Live chats
• Share on social media
• Google Maps integration
• Background video player integration
• YouTube video integration
• Image pop-up view
• Login with Facebook and Google
Technologies used include Laravel, PHP, Bootstrap, and Voyager.
Full-stack Shopify Website and App Developmenthttps://dieselprogrammers.com/
Yii, Bootstrap, React Native, AngularJS, Ionic, Laravel, Laravel 5, CakePHP, Divi, Drupal Commerce, Flutter, Tailwind CSS, Genesis Framework, Pods.io
WordPress API, WooCommerce API, Shopify API, React, Drupal Modules, REST APIs, Amazon EC2 API, Stripe, Stripe API, D3.js, WordPress REST API, Infusionsoft API, Salesforce API, React Redux, Google Maps API, Google Maps, BuddyPress, Google AdWords, Node.js, jQuery
WPBakery, Sublime Text, Zapier, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), GitLab CI/CD, Figma, Asana, Google Analytics, bbPress, Stripe Checkout, Gulp, Jira, Bitbucket, Adobe Photoshop, GitHub, Git, Basecamp, Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, Ninja Forms, LearnDash, Shopify Plus, InVision, Gutenberg Editor, Sketch, PrestaShop, Google Optimize, WiX, Vagrant, Kirki, Microsoft Teams, Plesk, NGINX, Jenkins, Ansible, Lando, PhpStorm
DevOps, Hosting, UI Design, UX Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
WordPress, Acquia, WordPress Theme Design, Drupal, Drupal 8, WooCommerce, Shopify, Salesforce, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), iOS, Azure, New Relic, Mixpanel, Pantheon, DigitalOcean, Amazon Lightsail, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Blockchain, Drupal 7, Webflow, Android, MacOS, Linux, AWS Lambda, YouTube, Web, Docker, Kubernetes, Magento
Web Design, Security
WordPress Themes, Wamp, API Integration, APIs, HTML to WordPress, PSD to WordPress, WordPress Rescue, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Multisite, WooCommerce Subscriptions 2, Wordfence Security, Autoptimize, Plugins, Beaver Builder, DNS, Site Speed Optimization, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), PSD to Shopify, A/B Testing, Drip Marketing, GitOps, SEO Tools, SEO Audits, SEO Backlinking, Website Migration, Shopify Design, HubSpot, eCommerce, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Sports, Shopify Theme, Shopify Payments, Communication, Mentorship, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Content Marketing Platforms, Web Development, WordPress Optimization, Full-stack Development, Recurring Payments, Membership Sites, Web Hosting, Zeplin to HTML, Formidable, Yoast SEO, Inbound Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Custom Themes, Child Themes, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), Avada, X Theme, Mailchimp API, Website Performance, Website Maintenance, Performance Tuning, Web Services, Server Migration, Web Servers, Cloudflare, Caching, Ubuntu Server, SSH, Responsive Design, Single Sign-on (SSO), Office 365, Third-party Integration, Cryptocurrency, Shopify Customizations, Elementor, Sketch to HTML, Drupal Themes, Patches & Updates, Gravity Forms, BrainTree, Triggers, Webhooks, Troubleshooting, Google SEO, Education, Workflow, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), GoDaddy, WordPress Design, Data Analytics, Conversion, Front-end, Mobile Apps, Videos, MemberPress, Back-end, Payment Gateways, Payment Processing, Theme Customization, WordPress SEO, Integration, Websites, Payment APIs, Squarespace, Optimization, PAN Cards, Presales, Analytics, Segment, Yandex.Metrika, Lightbox, Query Optimization, Page Speed Optimization, Accessibility, PayPal, PWA, Core Web Vitals
WP Engine, MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Cloudways, JSON, Elasticsearch, Database Triggers, SQL Triggers, Databases, SQL Performance, Relational Databases, Redis
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
University of Rajasthan - Jaipur, India