Full-stack Web Developer2017 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
- Coded new WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and modified existing themes and plugins.
- Made periodic updates to the corporate website using an agile scrum team.
- Designed and developed custom Shopify sites. Developed Shopify API and apps.
- Implemented and maintained content management systems (primarily WordPress and some Drupal), including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of custom SLS plugins and content types.
- Developed and deployed upgrade/migration plans for content management systems.
- Optimized several WordPress websites, helping to reduce page load speeds and improve PageSpeed scores.
- Shared my solid understanding of WordPress standards, database structure, themes, widgets, and responsive mobile development.
- In-depth knowledge of the PrestaShop framework. Possessing skills to modify/override default PrestaShop functionalities. Experience developing PrestaShop modules and themes customization.
WordPress Plugin Developer2016 - 2017Inbound Rocket (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, WordPress
- Extended the Inbound Rocket plugin with a new power-up called Welcome Mat. The plugin will reuse elements of our existing power-up "scroll boxes" (on how to create custom post types, adding new "welcome mats," deleting "welcome mats," having the Inbound Rocket custom header and footer above the custom post types, and more).
- Built a configurable welcome mat according to the website theme.
- Developed an add-on (i.e., a welcome mat) that will be displayed to the user based on cookie settings and setup defined by the admin user: certain posts, pages, post types, and more.
- Created dynamic form fields for each welcome mat which appeared on the front-end depending upon the admin settings which includes following field types: radio button group, checkbox group, single select checkbox, dropdown menus, hidden fields, and text fields (validations like email, phone, name).
- Implemented two modes for each welcome mat: normal and embedded.
- Converted a static HTML eCommerce site into a dynamic, WooCommerce powered platform with the ability to sell physical, virtual, and subscription items.
Development Lead2012 - 2016AddWeb Solution
Technologies: AngularJS, Ionic, WordPress, PHP
- Performed effectively in an agile team-oriented environment (local and global teams).
- Participated in all phases of the SDK construction process from concept to end delivery and support for third-party developers.
- Designed the architecture of complex web applications. Worked with AngularJS, Backbone.js, or similar front-end web application frameworks. Worked with Express or similar back-end Node.js web application frameworks.
- Attended to WordPress migrations, Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Built responsive WordPress websites and mobile apps.
- Served as the social media expert at Abuzz Creative and managed the social media of businesses with creative, engaging posts that entice followers to like and share on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Constructed Drupal modules and patches and monitored uptime, hosting, and databases to ensure the site was performing at maximum capacity.
- Understood the differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop) and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
Head of Department (HOD) — IT Development2011 - 2012GirnarSoft
Technologies: WordPress, Drupal, PHP
- Conducted project planning and team allocation.
- Developed in an agile environment.
- Identified the right technology fit as per requirements.
Team Lead2007 - 2011Truworth
- Developed code optimization techniques.
- Conducted project planning, staff augmentations, and led the end-to-end project execution.
- Built a web-based directory system on touch machines (SiteKiosk).
- Developed a web-based system for the medical transcription process.
- Integrated Flex with CakePHP through Amfphp.
- Gained extensive exposure to open-source CMSs like WordPress and Drupal.
Web Developer2005 - 2007Resolution4Web
Technologies: WordPress, PHP
- Encountered PHP as a trainee under a great mentor and learned the global coding standards for PHP.
- Built an application to fetch and modify eBay data using the eBay API and PHP.
- Developed an application to search the eBay site using the shopping web API.
- Made an application to fetch addresses from the user’s address books in Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Indiatimes, and MSN Messenger (Curl and PHP).
- Implemented eCommerce systems including shopping cart applications in PHP and MySQL.