Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Nick is a site reliability engineer who uses the best practices to enhance an app's DevOps lifecycle. He can automate everything from the code to testing, release management, deployment, operations, monitoring, and CI/CD pipelines. He's also good at bringing your entire app stack into a nice Docker stack managed by either Compose, Swarm, or Kubernetes. Nick also worked as a developer with C#, Node.js, PHP, and Python, among others.
Linux, MacOS, Windows
The most amazing...
...feeling I've had was when I wrote the code for an application that's used by millions of people on a daily basis.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Helped my team set up production/development environments on Kubernetes for WordPress apps.
- Helped deploy Prometheus and Grafana on Kubernetes to monitor all our servers, Microsoft products, sites, and so on.
- Managed the AWS infrastructure through Terraform.
- Automated everything.
- Wrote Ansible scripts to provision and manage several VMs.
- Coded microservices in Python and/or Go.
- Handled all types of emergencies including downed sites or services, errors, and so on.
- Deployed the entire web infrastructure on scalable Docker containers in Docker Swarm with plans to move it eventually to GCP Kubernetes.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment pipelines in Jenkins for all of the apps and stacks.
- Developed backup pipelines in Jenkins.
- Debugged and containerized any new app that was not built for Docker.
- Deployed Bitcoin and Peercoin networks on Docker containers.
- Developed and tested Chef cookbooks for enterprise software; also wrote modules in Ruby for Chef.
- Created internal automation scripts in Bash, Python, Ruby, and PHP.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment through Jenkins and UCD.
- Deployed internal applications on Docker and Docker Swarm.
- Conducted RHEL administration and management.
- Documented a legacy app (PHP 5.4).
- Documented code functionality and database schemas.
- Migrated a website from a bare-metal environment to AWS.
- Supported developers in writing a new, improved app in Laravel based on the old one's logic and functionality.
Software Developer and DevOps
Cloud Business Services
- Developed an internal management tool used by company employees (Node.js, Angular 2, and PHP).
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment using Jenkins.
- Wrote various necessary tools and microservices in Bash, Python, C#, .NET Core, and PHP.
- Developed bug-tracking automation through Jira.
- Wrote deployment scripts in Chef for enterprise software.
Self-employed | Freelance
- Built various tools in C# used to modify client game content (Lua) and client-server content (Lua).
- Developed tools that automatically play the game or do certain actions in C++.
- Created management tools for social platforms (profiles, pages, groups, and more) in C#.
- Developed server management tools C++.
Cloud Business Services
Selenium, Windows PowerShell, .NET Core, Angular, Laravel
DevOps, Agile, Automation
System Security Developer, Data Mining, Reverse Engineering, Prometheus, Scraping, Data Scraping, Integration Tools, APIs, Discord Bots, Migration, Debugging
Node.js, REST APIs
VMware, Jenkins, Chef, Artifactory, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Git, GitLab, NGINX, Logstash, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker Compose, MySQL Workbench, Docker Swarm, Kibana, Nagios, Grafana, Puppet, SaltStack
Windows, Linux RHEL/CentOS, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Citrix, CentOS, Ubuntu, WordPress, MacOS
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SlimPHP, Ceph
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics Economics
Romanian-American University - Bucharest, Romania
Certified Disciplined Agilist
Disciplined Agile Consortium