Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Shrader Group, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#, .NET, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Microsoft SQL Server, REST APIs, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, Data Integration, ETL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Designed and implemented an ETL pipeline to migrate a large amount of data from a legacy Drupal-based system to the new SQL Azure database.
- Performed a codebase audit and fixed some serious issues related to security, database versioning, testability, and overall code quality.
- Made a performance audit and improved the performance of critical APIs up to 10 times.
- Implemented continuous integration pipelines in VSTS.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Community Investors, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#, .NET, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Microsoft SQL Server, SendGrid, PubNub, Twilio, Identity Server, OAuth, Microservices, REST APIs, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core
- Implemented a centralized security token service and a granular permission-based authorization system for ASP.NET Core (as opposed to coarse-grained role-based authorization).
- Implemented an automated voicemail system with voice recognition so homeowners can register their visitors by phone and community guards will be immediately notified about new guest invitations.
- Built a notification API for delivering various kinds of notifications to the platform users.
- Implemented a bunch of useful ASP.NET Core extensions and middleware, such as a distributed cache with fallback logic.
- Worked on CI-related stuff, including continuous delivery pipelines and package management.
- Worked on payment systems integration, back-end APIs, web and desktop clients, and much more.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016Infor
Technologies: .NET, Moq, MSTest, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), OWIN, ASP.NET Identity, ASP.NET Web API, C#
- Implemented an administration API with AWS integration for automatic code deployment.
- Created an administration REST service and AngularJS-powered single-page web application on top of it.
- Worked on new features, fixed bugs, and refactored legacy code.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014Freelance
Technologies: C#, .NET, Moq, MSTest, Bootstrap, D3.js, jQuery, AngularJS, ASP.NET Web API, SignalR, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC
- Implemented a web application for real-time server performance monitoring.
- Created a chart control with D3.js library and helped the client avoid using commercial charting libraries.
- Implemented a REST API for one of the projects from scratch.
- Implemented an efficient parallel data parser for MediaWiki API.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014T-Systems CIS
Technologies: .NET, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Implemented new functionalities and business logic for desktop and web applications.
- Helped integrate the software system with external services like SAP and others.
- Provided on-site application support and helped resolve issues on the customer's site.
- Helped to meet a bunch of important deadlines during the project lifetime.
- Made a presentation on code review and best practices applicable to it.
Software Engineer2010 - 2013ETNA Software
Technologies: .NET, Moq, MSTest, NUnit, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), C#
- Designed and developed a bunch of core system components: back-end APIs, services, and libraries for the sogotrade.com trading platform.
- Implemented and supported streaming and load balancing solutions for real-time market data delivery.
- Integrated back-end components with the customer's service monitoring system.
- Developed a market data provider with a web-based admin panel and AmiBroker integration.
- Introduced unit testing practices to the project.