.NET Developer in Saint Petersburg, Russia
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Shrader Group, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: SSIS, ETL, Data Integration, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, REST APIs, MS SQL Server, VSTS
- Designed and implemented an ETL pipeline to migrate a large amount of data from a legacy Drupal-based system to the new SQL Azure database.
- Performed a codebase audit and fixed some serious issues related to security, database versioning, testability, and overall code quality.
- Made a performance audit and improved the performance of critical APIs up to 10 times.
- Implemented continuous integration pipelines in VSTS.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Community Investors, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, REST APIs, Microservices, OAuth, IdentityServer, Twilio, PubNub, SendGrid, MS SQL Server, VSTS
- Implemented a centralized security token service and a granular permission-based authorization system for ASP.NET Core (as opposed to coarse-grained role-based authorization).
- Implemented an automated voicemail system with voice recognition so homeowners can register their visitors by phone and community guards will be immediately notified about new guest invitations.
- Built a notification API for delivering various kinds of notifications to the platform users.
- Implemented a bunch of useful ASP.NET Core extensions and middleware, such as a distributed cache with fallback logic.
- Worked on CI-related stuff, including continuous delivery pipelines and package management.
- Worked on payment systems integration, back-end APIs, web and desktop clients, and much more.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016Infor
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET Identity, OWIN, WCF, AngularJS, Bootstrap, MSTest, Moq
- Implemented an administration API with AWS integration for automatic code deployment.
- Created an administration REST service and AngularJS-powered single-page web application on top of it.
- Worked on new features, fixed bugs, and refactored legacy code.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014Freelance
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET SignalR, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS, jQuery, D3.js, Bootstrap, MSTest, MoQ
- Implemented a web application for real-time server performance monitoring.
- Created a chart control with D3.js library and helped the client avoid using commercial charting libraries.
- Implemented a REST API for one of the projects from scratch.
- Implemented an efficient parallel data parser for MediaWiki API.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014T-Systems CIS
Technologies: C#, WPF, WCF, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery
- Implemented new functionalities and business logic for desktop and web applications.
- Helped integrate the software system with external services like SAP and others.
- Provided on-site application support and helped resolve issues on the customer's site.
- Helped to meet a bunch of important deadlines during the project lifetime.
- Made a presentation on code review and best practices applicable to it.
Software Engineer2010 - 2013ETNA Software
Technologies: C#, WCF, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, NUnit, MSTest, MoQ
- Designed and developed a bunch of core system components: back-end APIs, services, and libraries for the sogotrade.com trading platform.
- Implemented and supported streaming and load balancing solutions for real-time market data delivery.
- Integrated back-end components with the customer's service monitoring system.
- Developed a market data provider with a web-based admin panel and AmiBroker integration.
- Introduced unit testing practices to the project.
- Sogotrade.com Trading Platform (Development)http://sogotrade.com/
A large-scale distributed platform for stock and option trading, including web and desktop client terminals.
- ETNA Trader (Development)http://etnatrader.etnasoft.us
ETNA's flagship trading platform, featuring a front office, back office, and integration with third-party services and exchanges.
- ASPro (Development)
An enterprise software system for TÜV SÜD, a service corporation focusing on testing and certification in the industrial sector. The system consists of two major parts: a desktop workstation for the technical inspection of cars and other vehicles, and a web application for organizing drivers' license exams, surrounded by a set of back-end services and external systems.
- Infor Learning Management System (Development)http://www.infor.com/product-summary/hcm/learning-management/
Infor LMS is an enterprise SaaS solution for creating, delivering, and reporting on learning throughout your internal and extended organization.
- Real-time Server Performance Monitor (Development)
A web application allowing administrators to remotely monitor web server performance in real time (CPU utilization, memory, disk usage, etc.), pretty much like Windows Task Manager.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Other amazing things)https://mcp.microsoft.com/Anonymous//Transcript/Validate
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification validates IT professional and developer technical expertise through rigorous, industry-proven, and industry-recognized exams. MCP exams cover a wide range of Microsoft products, technologies, and solutions.
To validate the certification, use the following information:
Transcript ID: 1166968
Access Code: F4163941
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala (Other amazing things)https://www.coursera.org/verify/TN47UQ4G6A
This course introduces the cornerstones of functional programming using the Scala programming language.
- Stack Overflow (Other amazing things)http://stackoverflow.com/users/3478087
75 answers. Active in C#, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, Unit testing and Entity Framework.
- PolyGen (Development)https://github.com/sergey-kolodiy/PolyGen
PolyGen is a code generator that produces ORM layer, REST API and a user interface for your database.
- Unit Tests, How to Write Testable Code and Why it Matters (Publication)In this article, I will show that unit testing itself is quite easy; the real problems that complicate unit testing, and introduce expensive complexity, are a result of poorly-designed, untestable code. We will discuss what makes code hard to test, which anti-patterns and bad practices we should avoid to improve testability, and what other benefits we can achieve by writing testable code. We will see that writing testable code is not just about making testing less troublesome, but about making the code itself more robust, and easier to maintain.
- Sergey is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Sergey shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
Frameworks.NET Core, ASP.NET Core, .NET, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework Core, Entity, NUnit, AngularJS, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), OAuth 2
Libraries/APIsLINQ, Moq, SendGrid API, Twilio API, AngularUI, D3.js, jQuery
ToolsMicrosoft Visual Studio, Azure DevOps Services, ReSharper, Roslyn, Chrome Developer Tools, Atom, MSTest, TFS, SendGrid, Postman, Git, Fiddler, SoapUI, Trello, Jira
ParadigmsREST, Unit Testing, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), SOLID Principles, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, Refactoring, Scrum, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Metaprogramming, Design Patterns, Azure DevOps, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
PlatformsAzure, Twilio, Windows, Arduino
StorageSQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MySQL
OtherCode Auditing, Single-page Applications (SPA), Identity Server, Performance Analysis, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), Domain-driven Design (DDD), OData, Code Contracts
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems and Technologies2005 - 2010Voronezh Institute of High Technologies - Voronezh, Russia
- Microsoft Certified ProfessionalSEPTEMBER 2015 - PRESENTMicrosoft
- Microsoft Specialist: Programming in C#SEPTEMBER 2015 - PRESENTMicrosoft