Full-stack Developer2018 - 2022Ygrene Energy Fund (Toptal Client)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redux, RESTful Web Services, Angular Material, NgRx, Swagger, Docker, Scala, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Angular, SAML, Turbo, Hotwire, Material Design, TypeScript, Ruby on Rails 7
- Aided in creating a new prequalification and application process with Angular 6 and NgRx.
- Helped create a monorepo layout for Angular apps, using NX, NGRX, shared modules, and environment to deliver new front-end projects quickly and efficiently.
- Created a supporting proxy-like module for a new application process back end to provide new workflows in an existing feature-flag-based process without additional data models using Rails.
- Supported an automated underwriting system implementation by covering all key Ruby code, making it reliable and maintainable.
- Implemented the initial message bus encryption mechanism for securing microservice interoperation, using Ruby and AWS SQS.
- Migrated multiple services from Scala to Ruby, using Scala code as a source of requirements. They include external postal providers, environment management solutions (backup scrubbing and event-based S3 archival solutions), and GIS-based solutions.
- Helped maintain and improve automatic microservice client generation, using the zero-rails_openapi gem and open API generator.
- Built a new system area configuration service using a Hotwire (Turbo) Ruby on Rails 7 architecture.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2018Caspar Health (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ruby on Rails 5, Redux, RESTful Web Services, Angular Material, NgRx, Docker, PostgreSQL, Angular
- Created a front-end application for the main business platform utilizing Angular 5 and Ngrx.
- Helped release a product that made one of five finalists at Disrupt Berlin Startup Battlefield 2017.
- Aided the refactoring and developing of the Ruby on Rails application back end.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2017Everwill (via Toptal)
Technologies: Redux, RESTful Web Services, NgRx, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Angular
- Set up and moved an AWS Elastic Beanstalk Multicontainer Docker configuration to production.
- Built a new version of the company's main application on Angular 4.
- Implemented a flexible workflow engine for the application.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2017International Technological University (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails 5, Redux, RESTful Web Services, Angular Material, MySQL, CSS3, HTML5, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented ITU Bridge—a project to help students and alumni to apply for jobs at top companies.
- Implemented ITU's single sign-on solution, the ITU ID.
- Implemented ITU Student Relationship Management, a system for automating admissions data and documents collection process. The system included Stripe and SalesForce integrations.
- Worked as a back-end Rails developer, an AngularJS front-end developer, and DevOps for all mentioned projects.
CTO2013 - 2014Information Ideas
Technologies: Ruby on Rails 5, RESTful Web Services, AngularJS, Redis, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented a production-ready SPA job search site.
- Formed a team of two developers to work on a project.
- Built a set of AngularJS directives for competence tree rendering and selection.
- Created a competence search engine on top of Redis.
- Created a complex UI with interacting controls on top of AngularJS.
Development Team Lead2012 - 2013HeadHunter Group
Technologies: RESTful Web Services, Backbone.js, Redis, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented an online competence-based candidate search project in a small team of three developers.
- Provided a full cycle of requirements analysis for the project.
- Implemented property search on top of a Redis set intersection.
- Built a RIA interface for a project using Backbone.js.
- Created an automated competence pre-fill solution using candidate resumes as the data source.
CTO2011 - 2012KupiKupon Global
Technologies: RESTful Web Services, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Supported a high-load production environment for a daily deal site on top of Drupal.
- Managed and implemented a new version of a site using Ruby on Rails.
- Migrated all data to a new project and replaced the old project with the new one.
- Formed a development team of ten developers by putting together position requirements, interviewing, and training.
- Implemented a VoIP call center solution based on Asterisk PBX.
CTO2008 - 2011Digital Distribution Center
Technologies: RESTful Web Services, VMware, Flex, Flash, PHP, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Formed a team and started an internal software development process in the company.
- Moved an outsourced project with the support of a formed team and completed its development from early prototype to production-ready version.
- Managed a complete rewrite of the project from PHP to Ruby on Rails.
- Created an in-house digital right management solution for the project.
- Applied Agile practices to the working process and set up a development cycle for the company.
Lead Developer | System Analyst | Head of R&D2004 - 2008Chronopay B.V.
Technologies: Mono, PostgreSQL, PHP
- Implemented integrations with Parex (FirstData.lv), UCS (abgcard.ru), and other payment providers.
- Developed many improvements to the Chronopay PSP system. Included many new architectural improvements, integration processing, 3D secure implementation, and more.
- Applied Agile practices in the working process and set up the development cycle for the company.
- Provided analytical support for the work cycle of the R&D department. Provided a full cycle of business analysis for the company.
- Provided support for three annual PCI DSS certifications.
Lead SW Developer2000 - 2001Ayaxi
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ASP
- Developed TenderOnline.ru (currently unavailable) from base technical requirements to the product in use.
- Managed a team of three developers in the process of developing TenderOnline.ru.
- Developed modules for the Ayaxi main product Ayaxi Publisher, used in client installations.
- Provided development analysis for the early stages of the president of Russia website [www.kremlin.ru].
- Developed methods for outsourcing work support, code format requirements, and documentation format guides.