Full-stack Web Developer2018 - PRESENTYgrene Energy Fund (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular 6, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Kubernetes, Scala
- Helped create new prequalification/application process applications with Angular 6 and NgRx.
- Helped create a monorepo layout for Angular apps using NX, NGRX, shared modules, and environment to deliver new front-end projects quickly and efficiently.
- Created a supporting proxy-like module for a new application process back end to provide new workflows in an existing feature-flag based process without additional data models using Rails.
- Supported an automated underwriting system implementation by covering all key Ruby code to make it reliable and maintainable.
- Implemented the initial message bus encryption mechanism for securing microservice interoperation (Ruby, AWS SQS).
- Migrated multiple services from Scala to Ruby using Scala code as a source of requirements. Services include external postal providers, environment management solutions (backup scrubbing, event based S3 archival solution), GIS based solutions, and area configuration service.
- Helped with maintaining and improving automatic microservice client generation using zero-rails_openapi gem and openapi-generator.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2018Caspar Health (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular 5, Ngrx, Ruby on Rails 5, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS
- Created a front-end application for the main business platform utilizing Angular 5 and Ngrx.
- Helped release a product that made one of five finalists at Disrupt Berlin Startup Battlefield 2017.
- Helped refactor and develop the back-end of a Ruby on Rails application.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2017Everwill (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular 4, Ngrx, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Set up and moved an AWS Elastic Beanstalk Multicontainer Docker configuration to production.
- Built a new version of the company's main application on Angular 4.
- Implemented a flexible workflow engine for the application.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2017International Technological University (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, Redux, MySQL
- Implemented ITU Bridge (a project to help students and alumni to apply for jobs at top companies).
- Implemented ITU's own single sign-on solution, ITU ID.
- Implemented ITU Student Relationship Management, a system for automation of data and documents collection process for admissions. The system included Stripe and SalesForce integrations.
- Worked as a back-end Rails developer as well as an AngularJS front-end developer and DevOps for all mentioned projects.
CTO2013 - 2014Information Ideas
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, AngularJS
- Implemented a production-ready SPA job search site.
- Formed a team of two developers to work on a project.
- Built a set of AngularJS directives for competence tree rendering and selection.
- Created a competence search engine on top of Redis.
- Created a complex UI with interacting controls on top of AngularJS.
Development Team Lead2012 - 2013HeadHunter Group
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Backbone.js
- Implemented an online competence-based candidate search project in a small team of three developers.
- Provided a full cycle of requirements analysis for the project.
- Implemented property search on top of a Redis set intersection.
- Built a RIA interface for a project using Backbone.js.
- Created an automated competence pre-fill solution using candidate resumes as the data source.
CTO2011 - 2012KupiKupon Global
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Supported a high-load production environment for a daily deal site on top of Drupal.
- Managed and implemented a new version of a site using Ruby on Rails.
- Migrated all data to a new project and replaced the old project with the new one.
- Formed a development team of ten developers.
- Implemented a VoIP call center solution based on Asterisk PBX.
CTO2008 - 2011Digital Distribution Center
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, PHP, Flash, Flex, VMWare
- Formed a team and started an internal software development process in the company.
- Moved an outsourced project with the support of a formed team and completed its development from early prototype to production ready version.
- Managed a complete rewrite of the project from PHP to Ruby on Rails.
- Created an in-house DRM for the project.
- Applied Agile practices to the working process and set up a development cycle for the company.
Lead Developer, System Analyst, Head of R&D2004 - 2008Chronopay B.V.
Technologies: PHP, PostgreSQL, Mono
- Implemented integrations with Parex (FirstData.lv), UCS (abgcard.ru), and other payment providers.
- Developed many improvements to the Chronopay PSP system. Included many new architectural improvements, integration processing, 3D secure implementation, etc.
- Applied Agile practices in the working process and set up the development cycle for the company.
- Provided analytical support for the work cycle of the R&D department. Provided a full cycle of business analysis for the company.
- Managed a development team (five developers).
- Provided support for three annual PCI DSS certifications.
Lead SW Developer2000 - 2001Ayaxi
Technologies: ASP, MS SQL
- Developed TenderOnline.ru (currently unavailable) from base technical requirements to product in use.
- Managed a team of three developers in the process of developing TenderOnline.ru.
- Developed modules for the Ayaxi main product Ayaxi Publisher, used in client installations.
- Provided development analysis for the early stages of the President of Russia's website [www.kremlin.ru].
- Developed methods for outsourcing work support, code format requirements, and documentation format guides.