Verified Expert in Engineering
Sergey is a proficient full-stack software engineer who has worked on intricate web projects. He possesses strong analytical abilities and excels in gathering project requirements. Sergey's experience ranges from being a full-stack developer to a team lead/CTO.
Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Turbo
The most amazing...
...things I've accomplished is performing migrations for diverse projects to newer frameworks and architectures, resulting in a quicker response to business needs.
Ruby on Rails Engineer
American Technological Research and Consulting Firm
- Completed merge of two key projects into the single Rails repository reducing the complexity of development workflows and removing 40+ duplicated models and specs for those.
- Implemented Thor-based CLI for code-generation of custom migrations for Oracle datastore according to the business-specific requirements for change-control in organization-span database.
- Took part in migrating project data streams from database storage to Kafka topic.
- Developed the back end for the new corporate portal. Implementation wraps the legacy layer codebase and extends it for the needs of new business processes without changing how the same legacy layer provides services to different consumer components.
- Implemented full test coverage for that work as well as needed missing coverage of key legacy components.
- Helped with UI/UX review process of new portal development for an online gifts platform.
- Supported the development of the Ask Ari mobile application. Released multiple versions of the application to both the App Store and Google Play market.
- Supported the development of the web-based version of Ask Ari.
- Built a new version of Ask Ari on top of Angular, NgRx, and the Ionic framework in the format of an NX-based monorepo for reducing code duplication.
Senior Full-stack Developer (Independent Contract)
International Technological University
- Developed and launched My.itu.edu, an Angular and NgRx-based platform for students to register and pay for courses at university.
- Implemented the back end for My.itu.edu on top of a Ruby on Rails-based SRM platform. The solution included the management of scholarship discounts, prepaid nugget course implementation, and reporting for students and account payable representatives.
- Implemented the migration process for legacy data to provide continued operations for the teaching process.
- Migrated the old AngularJS-based SRM admissions interface to a Turbo-based interface that allowed delivering new features way faster and more efficiently.
- Migrated the My.itu.edu Angular and NgRx-based interface into a Turbo-based SRM platform, reducing code duplication and providing a full-cycle student experience from admission to graduation.
- Implemented a Turbo-based UI for Angular Material web components using Stimulus with support for complex UI elements like autocomplete and chipset with limited and Typeahead server-based lists.
- Implemented Elixir/Phoenix Live View-based internal chat platform for ITU students and staff.
Ygrene Energy Fund
- Aided in creating a new prequalification and application process with Angular 6 and NgRx.
- Helped create a monorepo layout for Angular apps, using Nx, NgRx, shared modules, and environment to deliver new front-end projects quickly and efficiently.
- Created a supporting proxy-like module for a new application process back end to provide new workflows in an existing feature-flag-based process without additional data models using Ruby on Rails (RoR).
- Supported an automated underwriting system implementation by covering all key Ruby code, making it reliable and maintainable.
- Implemented the initial message bus encryption mechanism for securing microservice interoperation using Ruby and AWS SQS.
- Migrated multiple services from Scala to RoR, using Scala code as a source of requirements. They include external postal providers, environment management solutions like backup scrubbing and event-based S3 archival solutions, and GIS-based solutions.
- Helped maintain and improve automatic microservice client generation, using the zero-rails_openapi gem and open API generator.
- Built a new system area configuration service using a Hotwire (Turbo) Ruby on Rails 7 architecture.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Created a front-end application for the main business platform utilizing Angular 5 and NgRx.
- Helped release a product that made one of five finalists at Disrupt Berlin Startup Battlefield 2017.
- Aided in refactoring and developing the Ruby on Rails application back end.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Set up and moved an AWS Elastic Beanstalk Multicontainer Docker configuration to production.
- Built a new version of the company's main application on Angular 4.
- Implemented a flexible workflow engine for the application.
Full-stack Web Developer
International Technological University
- Implemented ITU Bridge, a project to help students and alums to apply for jobs at top companies.
- Implemented ITU's single sign-on solution, the ITU ID.
- Implemented ITU Student Relationship Management, a system for automating an admissions data and document collection process. The system included Stripe and SalesForce integrations.
- Worked as a back-end Rails developer, an AngularJS front-end developer, and DevOps for all mentioned projects.
- Implemented a production-ready SPA job search site.
- Formed a team of two developers to work on a project.
- Built a set of AngularJS directives for competence tree rendering and selection.
- Created a competence search engine on top of Redis.
- Created a complex UI with interacting controls on top of AngularJS.
Development Team Lead
- Implemented an online competence-based candidate search project in a small team of three developers.
- Provided a full cycle of requirements analysis for the project.
- Implemented property search on top of a Redis set intersection.
- Built a RIA interface for a project using Backbone.js.
- Created an automated competence pre-fill solution using candidate resumes as the data source.
- Supported a high-load production environment for a daily deal site on top of Drupal.
- Managed and implemented a new version of a site using Ruby on Rails.
- Migrated all data to a new project and replaced the old project with the new one.
- Formed a development team of ten developers by putting together position requirements, interviewing, and training.
- Implemented a VoIP call center solution based on Asterisk PBX.
Digital Distribution Center
- Formed a team and started an internal software development process in the company.
- Moved an outsourced project with the support of a formed team and completed its development from early prototype to production-ready version.
- Managed a complete rewrite of the project from PHP to Ruby on Rails.
- Created an in-house digital right management solution for the project.
- Applied Agile practices to the working process and set up a development cycle for the company.
Lead Developer | System Analyst | Head of R&D
- Implemented integrations with Parex (FirstData.lv), UCS (abgcard.ru), and other payment providers.
- Developed many improvements to the Chronopay PSP system. Included many new architectural improvements, integration processing, 3D secure implementation, and more.
- Applied Agile practices in the working process and set up the development cycle for the company.
- Provided analytical support for the work cycle of the R&D department. Provided a full cycle of business analysis for the company.
- Provided support for three annual PCI DSS certifications.
Lead SW Developer
- Developed TenderOnline.ru (currently unavailable) from base technical requirements to the product in use.
- Managed a team of three developers in the process of developing TenderOnline.ru.
- Developed modules for the Ayaxi main product Ayaxi Publisher, used in client installations.
- Provided development analysis for the early stages of the president of Russia website [www.kremlin.ru].
- Developed methods for outsourcing work support, code format requirements, and documentation format guides.
Turbo Material Componentshttps://github.com/full-stack-biz/turbo_material
ITU.edu Student Relations Modulehttps://my.itu.edu/
Giftly Corporate Experiencehttps://www.giftly.com/corp
As a back-end developer, I was involved in all stages of active development, from early prototyping to post-release improvements.
Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular Material, Slim, Swagger, Mono, Flex, Ruby on Rails 5, Protractor, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Stimulus, Ionic 3, Phoenix, Adobe Flex, Material UI
Devise, REST APIs, NgRx, Pundit, Stripe API, Salesforce API, Sidekiq, AngularUI, Restangular, Backbone.js, Authorize.net
Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Firebase, Apache Kafka, Oracle
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, JSON
State Machines, RESTful Web Services, API Integration, Payment APIs, Puma, ISO 8583, GitFlow, Hotwire, Material Design, Ruby on Rails 7, APIs, eCommerce, Legacy Code, Third-party APIs, Software Development, Phoenix LiveView, Ruby Gems
NGINX, Git, RSpec, Capistrano, Flash, VMware, Turbo, Expo
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (Technical University) - Moscow, Russia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring