VP of Engineering2018 - PRESENTFriends Indeed, LLC
Technologies: Redux, Expo, Firebase, React Native
- Acted as lead developer and chief architect, utilizing React Native and Google's Firebase to build out most of the features of the app from the ground up.
- Acted as product manager, creating and assigning tasks on our kanban board to myself and the rest of the team in order to meet business goals for the app.
- Utilized Node.js and Google's Cloud Functions platform to build out dozens of user and chronologically triggered serverless functions for purposes of in-app messaging, push notifications, client lead generation, and data reporting, among others.
- Utilized Expo and several Firestore databases to develop multiple environments and processes for testing staging and production versions of the application on both iOS and Android.
- Devised and executed a hyper efficient process for white-labeling entire application, cutting our path to revenue down by dozens of hours per client.
- Built out data visualization analytics dashboard in order to get a full picture of how people are using the application.
Developer2017 - 2019Anchour Creative, LLC
- Conceptualized and developed a parent and child theme boilerplate which included frequently used custom field modules, saving the company several hours of development time per project.
- Became intimately familiar with developing shortcodes, filters, and custom post types.
- Gained experience using Laravel’s Blade templates and Vue.js.
- Became proficient with Shopify theming and using the Liquid templating language.
- Played a lead role in testing, vetting, and training a newly hired developer.
Developer2015 - 2017Golden Spiral Marketing
- Contributed to the development of over 20 different client websites, often acting as lead developer, building sites from the ground up and taking them through to completion.
- Overhauled and automated the company’s development workflow, introducing tools like Grunt, Gulp, SASS, Bower, and Node Package Manager.
- Played an instrumental role in the company’s decision to use Wordpress as our primary content management system, allowing much more freedom and efficiency in our site development process.
- Built out custom WordPress starter template, including workflow automation tools, that saved several hours of setup and general development time on all subsequent projects.
- Wrote out full documentation for custom WordPress starter template.
- Suggested and implemented search engine optimization (SEO) improvements to client sites, often including.
- improvements that eliminated several seconds of page loading time.
- Gained experience working with Stripe’s eCommerce platform.
Full Stack Developer2014 - 2015BKON Connect, LLC
Technologies: PHP, Sass, WordPress, CSS, HTML, D3.js, MongoDB, AngularJS, Node.js, Git
- Developed a native iOS application with Swift to communicate with the aforementioned MEAN stack CMS API.
- Built out mobile responsive company website in both the MEAN stack and WordPress.
- Used SASS, Twitter Bootstrap, and font based icons to build out a responsive user interface.
- Worked closely with a graphic designer to get a responsive user interface perfect.
- Created a data visualization dashboard by integrating the D3.js library with the AngularJS framework.
- Worked with a team of experienced developers, collaborating on Git repositories.
- Gained experience in a Scrum/Agile work environment.
Developer/Lead Designer2013 - 2014Music Pub Works
Technologies: CSS, AngularJS, Knockout.js, jQuery, Laravel, MySQL, PHP, Git
- Helped build out a suite of music publishing applications.
- Gained back-end experience using PHP, Laravel, and MySQL.
- Designed music player used in the song management portal.
- Built out entire front and back end of the customer relationship management portal.
- Gained experience working remotely and collaboratively using Git version control.