Verified Expert in Engineering
Shawn is a creative and dedicated web developer who excels in optimizing the performance of user-centric, high-impact websites for nationwide, F500, and global companies. He completely revamped the face of a cosmetic brand's site and switched it to React, improving site stickiness by 21%, drastically reducing marketing expenditure. Shawn leverages technical and analytical skills to create dynamic, high-speed websites, apps, and platforms, fueling competitive advantage and revenue growth.
Slack, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...front-end project I delivered was for the cosmetic market using React. It had a surprisingly profound effect on their client "stickiness" and sales.
React Native Engineer
Horry County Government
- Addressed and resolved a series of bugs hindering the app's optimal performance.
- Migrated several critical libraries successfully, ensuring the app ran on the latest, most efficient technology.
- Fixed the Android Gradle issue while simultaneously giving the iOS version a tune-up and migrating it to React Native 0.71.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Utilized Vue, Tailwind CSS, and blockchain and built a social platform with features similar to Reddit, delivering a visually appealing and secure platform that meets the needs of a diverse user base.
- Leveraged my technical proficiency and understanding of user experience design to create an intuitive and cutting-edge platform using blockchain technology for security and transparency.
- Contributed to a complex and innovative social platform, among other tasks, and delivered projects to clients.
Front-end and React Developer for Page Layout of Web Content Libraries and Galleries' Build
Teachers' Curriculum Institute (TCI)
- Created educational libraries with various dashboard interconnectivity for students. Through this project, I delivered a user-friendly and engaging platform that helped students easily access and utilize educational resources.
- Contributed to the platform's overall design and user experience and worked closely with educational content specialists and educators to understand students' specific needs and goals.
- Ensured the platform's performance was optimized for speed and reliability so that students could access and utilize the educational resources without interruptions.
Senior React Developer for a Data-driven Sales Platform
POTENTIAL ENERGY LABS INC dba Atrium
- Hired to build out some major features for their company (Saved Goal Cards). This was one of their largest and most anticipated features, very intricate in the front end handling the majority of the process versus making API calls.
- Created a shortcut button within the app to help busy sales managers quickly navigate and take action.
- Delivered results for Saved Cards above expectations and sooner than expected.
- Helped them create onboarding for other developers as they were working on building their internal team.
Senior Angular 8 Developer
- Developed a dashboard for a group of scientists to more efficiently analyze protein folding outcomes without bias by using the Violin Chart in D3js.
- Made information easily recognizable and organized so they can execute scientific methods with limited data with seamless flow built with Angular 8.
- Set the stage to introduce machine learning by developing the dashboard.
Senior React Developer
- Led front-end development and assisted with back-end programming for a website overhaul.
- Ensured the technical feasibility and optimum functioning of design features that accelerated load-time by 17% and improved site stickiness by 21%.
- Collaborated with company representatives to fully gather a sense of the style and feel of the design.
- Designed the application architecture using TypeScript, React, Redux, React Native, and Node.js.
- Led the developers and completed code reviews to achieve maintainable and high-quality code.
- Integrated a real-time WebSocket to see all changes immediately.
Marketing Team Lead Developer
- Developed responsive web applications with React and AngularJS.
- Collaborated with designers to resolve UX problems, improve operations, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Led the technology definition and process development for the entire 15-person product team.
eCommerce App for Cosmetic Brandhttps://www.youniqueproducts.com/
Mortgage Valuation and Marketing Sitehttps://www.hometap.com/
Personal Care Branded Websitehttps://www.forhims.com/
Web3 Social Media Apphttps://dscvr.one
Custom Features and User Data Dashboard for Atriumhttps://www.atriumhq.com/
Another custom feature I developed was a dashboard that displays user data in an interactive and intuitive way. The dashboard also provides insights into individual representative performance, team performance, and coaching opportunities. The dashboard uses D3.js for data visualization, React Table for data grid, and React Query for data fetching.
Creating a Teaching Library with React and TypeScript at TeachTCIhttps://www.teachtci.com/
One of the projects involved developing a teaching library that allows teachers to access and customize ready-made lessons that include slides, videos, texts, activities, assessments, and more. The teaching library was built with React and TypeScript, and I used GraphQL for data fetching and Apollo Client for state management. The teaching library also supports various features such as filtering, searching, sorting, bookmarking,and rating lessons. It helps teachers save time and effort in planning lessons and provides high-quality and standards-aligned content.
I also worked on other features such as a digital notebook, game, and reports that enhance the learning experience for students and parents. I enjoyed working with a talented and collaborative team of developers, designers, and educators at TeachTCI.
I also worked on other features, such as the game, reports, and stories, that enhanced the learning experience for students and parents while collaborating with a talented team of developers, designers, and educators at ClassDojo.
Creating a Sensitive Data Management System with React, Node.js, and AWS
I also collaborated with a team of developers, designers, and testers, as well as with the product owner, to understand the user needs and feedback and deliver features that meet their expectations and requirements.
Web Platform for Construction and Mining Industries
Personalized Website with Node.js and React for PROVENhttps://www.provenskincare.com/
Angular, Redux, Next.js, Bootstrap, AngularJS, React Native, Tailwind CSS, NestJS, Jest, Express.js, Django, Laravel
React, Vue 2, Redux-Saga, Vue, Vuex, Redux Form, D3.js, Node.js, ApexCharts.js
Git, JSX, Redux Thunk, Html2canvas, Figma, Prisma
Mapbox, Contentful, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, Blockchain, Ethereum, Android, iOS
Gatsby, Web Development, Styled-components, Stripe Payments, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Data Visualization, QA Automation, Butter CMS, Payment APIs
Bachelor's Degree in Science
Westminster College - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA