Verified Expert in Engineering
iOS and Machine Learning Developer
Simon is a software engineer with close to ten years of experience in back-end development, Python, and machine learning. He has delivered highly reliable back ends for monitoring production lines, low-level embedded software, and ML research projects related to vision and geolocation. Simon's industry experience is backed by master's degrees in computer science and machine learning. As a jack of all trades, he solves problems pragmatically with an open mind to different approaches.
PyTorch, C++, Python, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Swift, SwiftUI
The most amazing...
...software I've developed is a geolocation prototype based on scene recognition.
Freelance Software Engineer | Edge AI
- Released an AI-based app that leveraged on-device learning with CoreML from Apple and oversaw the launch process with a dedicated marketing team.
- Ported two high-volume models from PyTorch to CoreML, which involved submitting patches to Apple's CoreML tools.
- Assisted in hiring a team of developers and data scientists for a VC-backed startup.
- Built and pushed a reliable real-time video pipeline to produce with Rust, GStreamer, DeepsStream, and PyTorch-based models.
Lead Machine Learning Engineer
- Led a team of two developers to deliver a working prototype of a computer vision-based device that locates itself in unknown environments.
- Designed new machine-learning algorithms for image matching using Python and PyTorch.
- Developed a robust image-matching algorithm, combining embedded software and back-end processing with PyTorch.
- Designed and built a strong pipeline to manage and process the manufacturing data of a production line, combining data engineering and ML-based algorithms for quality control.
Data Fusion and Algorithms Engineer
Sevenhugs (Now Qorvo)
- Contributed to a real-time, high-precision geolocation algorithm that involved the implementation of a nonlinear Kalman filter for sensor fusion.
- Developed bare-metal drivers for inertial sensors to be used with data fusion algorithms.
- Specified, implemented, and deployed on-site software for manufacturing benches of a production line in China, combining machine-learning techniques, low-level software, and a reliable back end to handle and process all extracted data.
- Optimized the critical points of the audio processing pipeline in embedded Linux.
- Reviewed and implemented sound source tracking algorithms.
- Developed production monitoring tools and acoustic tests for validation inside a factory.
- Integrated state-of-the-art audio codecs in a VoIP stack.
Software Engineer Intern
- Implemented biometric matching algorithms on GPU using CUDA and OpenCL.
- Increased the overall software speed by 30x while reducing the error rate by 25%, all for the same hardware cost.
- Reviewed the state-of-the-art fingerprint and iris comparison algorithms for border control.
Automated Workforce Scheduling App for a Non-profit
Inertial Sensor Calibration in a Production Line
Scene Recognition Prototype Based on Deep Learning
Python, C++, C, Embedded C++, Swift, SQL, Rust, Bash Script
PyTorch, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, iOS Native Libraries
Metaprogramming, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming
Unix, MacOS, Linux, iOS, NVIDIA CUDA, Kubernetes, ARM Linux, iCloud
Deep Learning, Software Architecture, Machine Learning, Kalman Filtering, Architecture, Software System Architecture Development, Computer Vision, Data Engineering, Electronic Sensors, APIs, Image Processing, Computer Vision Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Mobile App Development, Technical Hiring, Team Leadership, Prototyping, Algorithms, Images, Embedded Software, Back-end, Geolocation, Sensor Fusion, Audio Processing, VoIP, Audio Codecs, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), Biometrics, Web App Development, Web App Deployment, Calibration, Software Deployment, Software Development, DeepStream SDK
Flask, SwiftUI, Core Data, GStreamer, OpenCL
MySQL, Redis, PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines
Master of Science Degree in Machine Learning
Sorbonne University (Formerly UPMC) - Paris, France
Master of Engineering Degree in Computer Science
EPITA School of Engineering and Computer Science - Paris, France