Security Content Creator/Instructor2021 - PRESENTUdacity
Technologies: AWS IAM, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Role-based Access Control (RBAC), ABAC, Access Control
- Developed a capstone project to display a student's technical ability.
- Designed and created exercises to guide students towards accumulating skills to complete a capstone project.
- Created and designed content and material to teach students.
DevOps Engineering Contractor2020 - 2021Health IQ
Technologies: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon SQS, AWS SES, AWS Kinesis, AWS CloudWatch, AWS OpsWorks, New Relic, SumoLogic, AWS, SIEM
- Created and implemented a log delivery mechanism for delivering CloudWatch logs to SIEM.
- Audited and evaluated the security of the AWS environment as well as third-party systems that maintained data.
- Helped implement credential management for containerized services.
- Evaluated current CI/CD processes and provided recommendations for streamlining builds/deployments.
- Evaluated resource utilization with costs to provide recommendations for reducing infrastructure costs.
Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - 2021Built Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS CodeBuild, AWS ALB, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Python, Docker, AWS, Amazon Cognito, DevSecOps, GitHub, AWS API Gateway, AWS Kinesis, Amazon SQS
- Created automation framework for creating GitHub Repos and CI processes to enforce standard repo configurations.
- Managed and deployed Web Application Firewalls (WAF) in front of all public-facing endpoints.
- Migrated the existing service infrastructure to Terraform resources.
- Implemented highly available site-to-site IPSec tunnels in a multi-region capacity.
- Designed and created a custom passwordless authentication flow for AWS Cognito.
- Created and implemented DevSecOps CI processes for executing static code analysis on purchase requisition (PR) creation.
- Migrated self-hosted and on-premise Sentry to Sentry.io.
- Constructed a cross-region and cross-account snapshot backup service for disaster recovery.
- Created a log delivery service for delivering logs to various providers.
AWS Engineer2017 - 2020Ramsey Solutions
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS ECS, AWS EC2, API Gateways, AWS Lambda, Linux, Ansible, Python, AWS CloudFormation, Docker, AWS
- Supported the infrastructure and deployments for hundreds of services hosted on AWS ECS and AWS Lambda.
- Developed automation for managing software and infrastructure deployments within CI/CD pipelines.
- Migrated the automation so that it could be more easily developed and tested.
- Developed AWS account automation and helped implement networking to connect environments.
- Created log service to ingest client-side log events.
- Migrated self-hosted git servers to CodeCommit for better reliability.
System Support Specialist2017 - 2017Connected Nation
Technologies: Rackspace, Windows, Linux
- Improved the existing support solutions for internal employees.
- Helped with planning internal infrastructure migrations.
- Managed Linux servers used for mobile drive testing.
Technical Support Assistant2016 - 2017Connected Nation
Technologies: Nginx, Linux, Windows
- Hosted and supported Linux servers used for mobile drive testing.
- Improved internal help desk support for remote and onsite employees.
- Managed internal hardware and software support requests.
End User Support Intern2014 - 2016Connected Nation
- Decreased the amount of time it took to image newly provisioned machines.
- Managed incoming support requests for internal and remote employees.
- Procured software and hardware for employees upon request.