Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architect and Developer
Slaven has been passionate about technology and software development from his earliest days and won some awards, like first place in the American Computer Science League in 1996 in Washington, D.C. He was a team leader in NBMIS, a €5.25 million project involving 65 team members on 25 international border crossings with more than 640 pieces of hardware, such as ANPR cameras and mobile devices. Slaven has successfully led many teams to complete their projects in his 16-year professional career.
.NET 5, Angular, SQL Server 2017, Visual Studio 2016, HTML, Sass, CSS3, Web API 2, ASP.NET, Windows Services
The most amazing...
...project I worked on was a national border management information system, leading teams of seven members in a 65-member environment in Croatia and Spain.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a real-time strategy game on the Ethereum network. The front end was made in React using the OpenStreetMap API and Metamask API. The application was optimized due to the large number of objects displayed in a layer on top of the map.
- Produced a feature set for the game and modified the settings to ensure that all features were mutually compatible.
- Involved in strategic business decision-making, such as planning investments and hiring employees.
- Managed a domain specialist, providing insight for ideas, resulting in features.
Solvency II Wire Ltd
- Developed an app that enables comparison and analysis of financial reports of insurance companies.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as an issue tracker.
- Provided a mechanism for migrating old technology forms to Angular templates.
- Helped develop projects across multiple business domains, facilitating agile principles.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Team Foundation Server as an application lifecycle management tool.
- Wrote technical documentation, providing expertise on security models, data structures, and other aspects of the system.
- Headed a team consisting of a designer and developer by providing guidance and code reviews.
- Handled a business analysis of the project by moderating meetings with multiple clients.
- Architected system design by integrating technologies that best fit the business requirements and client's needs.
- Worked as a team leader and a remote team leader on a project with 65 team members.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira and Team Foundation Server as reporting tools.
- Helped develop 12 projects, primarily focusing on government entities.
- Wrote technical offers and conducted pre-sales presentations.
- Trained end-users on how to use newly developed software.
- Wrote multi-level technical documents and user manuals.
M SAN Grupa
- Developed an application to support the wholesale distribution of products.
- Tracked and fixed bugs, developed new features, and trained users.
- Made critical deployments in an environment with very costly downtime.
National Border Management Information System
As the lead developer, I oversaw the development of the Windows application. I worked on all application modules, such as fingerprint acquisition, biometric image conversion to JPEG 2,000, and final verification of a new passport.
Revenue Administration Modernisation Projecthttps://www.porezna-uprava.hr/
Support to the Establishment of the Components of the Integrated Land Administration System (ILAS)
Healthcare Web Application
I was a web developer developing forms needed to manage requests created by end users. Local county employees would then take appropriate actions on demand.
Energy Market Regulation Web Application
I was a business analyst responsible for defining and understanding business processes in the Croatian energy market.
Forms Web Application
Person Register Web Application
I was a web developer responsible for implementing web pages.
Company Intranet Web Application
I was a web developer responsible for implementing/enabling out-of-the-box features and customizing the features to comply with business requirements.
Point of Sale Windows Application
I was a developer responsible for writing a Windows service to synchronize data between point of sale stations and the central system. Synchronization was bidirectional.
Angular, ASP.NET, .NET 3, .NET 4, AngularJS, .NET, Angular Material, .NET Core, Vanilla JS, ASP.NET Web Forms, Windows PowerShell, .NET 5, .NET Compact, WWF, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), OAuth 2, Bootstrap, Selenium
Chart.js, LINQ, Windows Forms (WinForms), jQuery, Entity Framework, React, REST APIs, Web API 2, Node.js, RxJS, Web3.js
Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Figma, NPM, Jira, Photoshop CS3, GitHub, Git, Microsoft Access, Apache, MATLAB, Xcode
Scrum, Requirements Analysis, Desktop App Development, Agile, REST, MVC Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Unit Testing, Mobile Development, UI Design, UX Design
Visual Studio 2016, SharePoint, Web, Windows Server 2016, Windows, SharePoint 365, Oracle, Ethereum, Azure, iOS, Linux, MacOS, LAMP, Blockchain, Docker, PDF.js
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2008, SQLite, JSON, Databases, SQL Compact CE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server DBA, SQL CE, Azure SQL
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing - Zagreb, Croatia
MCSD: SharePoint Applications
MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional