Verified Expert in Engineering
Steven has been a game developer for over nine years with great enthusiasm for game development. He's helped develop and publish multiple titles on Android, iOS, and PC Steam platforms. He loves to work with artists and designers to create great experiences for players. He is a strong problem solver and a good communicator. He can work fast and efficiently, whether solo or leading and working with a team.
The most amazing...
...game I've worked on is a multiplayer racing game, which allows up to four players to compete against each other using various exciting items.
Senior Game Developer
buho Interactive Entertainment Co.
- Developed a four-player party game and published it on Steam.
- Created editor tools for level designers to create, adjust, and polish levels.
- Integrated Nintendo Switch SDK and ported Steam version to Switch.
Senior Game Developer
- Developed multiple Android and iOS mobile game titles with Unity, Native Android, and Native iOS.
- Led the developer team and conducted development plans every week.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, and mentored junior developers. Reviewed code commits for team members and provided suggestions to improve readability and quality.
- Developed internal shared libraries to boost the speed of creating new projects.
- Built a real-time customer support system, which can be integrated into mobile game projects.
- Analyzed and refactored to improve the quality of codebase and runtime performance.
- Worked with multiple teams remotely and discussed development plans on a weekly basis.
Senior Game Developer
- Developed game features, user interface, graphics, and networking for multiple mobile game titles.
- Published multiple mobile game titles on Android and iOS platforms.
- Built frameworks and architectures for multiple mobile game titles.
- Developed an animation system that controls the animation playing of 3D characters, with an editor tool that allows animators to preview and test character animations.
- Created a game feature with which the players can decorate their virtual rooms with furniture.
- Implemented plugins that bridge Unity3D with the native environment like Android and iOS.
I implemented a combat system, enemy AI, character animations, and editor tools. I integrated Steam SDK that was needed to publish the game on Steam.
It was also ported to Nintendo Switch yet not ready to be published.
I worked with the design and the art team to implement a match-making system, tutorials, story modes, new items, and level mechanics.
I also did some refactoring, namely the pet controls system, to make it more extendable. The game was published on Google Play; however, it's no longer available.
Bullet Knight | Dungeon Shooterhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kooapps.bulletknight&hl=en&gl=US
I was the project leader and conducted development plans, reviewed code commits for other teammates, and provided suggestions for improvements. I did all in-house and third-party SDK integrations and built them into a shared library to make the integration work as easy as possible.
I also reviewed code commits for other teammates and provided technical feedback.
Solitaire Classic Erahttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kooapps.solitaireandroid&hl=en&gl=US
I was the project leader that built cloud save, online leaderboards, and an extendable architecture upon which various game modes were implemented.
Puzzle and Baseballhttps://apps.apple.com/tw/app/id731192708
I implemented the match-3 mechanics and a system that simulates baseball rules. It was an internal game-jam project and was created in one weekend. It ended up being super fun to play, so we published it on iOS.
I was the developer and implemented 2048 mechanics and character animations. I also integrated third-party ad SDK and implemented a second-wind feature as a video ad reward.
Survive for Moneyhttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/survive-for-money/id699555265
I was the developer that implemented character controls, enemy AI, pathfinding algorithms, and a level editor.
Meow Meow Puzzlehttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/id562140343
I joined the team in the later stage of the development process and rapidly adapted to the team's working environment. I implemented the user interface, animations, and visual effects.
C#, Objective-C, Java, Swift
Unity, Unity3D, Cocos2d
Mobile Games, Game Development, Unity Editor Scripting, Push Notifications, In-app Purchases, Google AdMob, Game Analytics, Localytics, Multiplayer, Console Games, Back-end
Android, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Steam, Firebase
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring