QA Lead2020 - 2020A Leading Company in the Mortgage Lending Space
Technologies: IntelliJ, Cucumber, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), API Testing, Cross-browser Testing, Section 508 Compliance, Web Accessibility, Test Automation Frameworks, Java, Selenium
- Set up a test automation framework in Java for both API and web testing.
- Designed, coded, and maintained BDD tests for key scenarios.
- Conducted ongoing web accessibility or Section 508 testing.
- Set up cross-browser and multi-device testing with BrowserStack.
QA Lead (Contract)2019 - 2020Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, NUnit, Selenium, Control-M, C#
- Created a custom framework in C# for unit, integration, and sanity testing for a collection of 20+ daily batch processes. I also set up a CI/CD pipeline for them.
- Built a custom framework in C# for unit, integration, and sanity testing for two web services that link a trading system to an e-banking application and set up a CI/CD pipeline for them.
- Developed a custom framework in C# for unit, integration, functional (Selenium), and sanity testing for an ASP.NET web app and set up a CI/CD pipeline for it.
- Performed extensive analysis and code reviews of 20+ mostly undocumented and orphaned legacy apps to determine their role and status. Documented them and determined which no longer needed to be supported by the team.
Senior Test Automation Engineer2018 - 2019CSG International
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Bitbucket, Git, Jira, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Postman, SpecFlow, C#, Visual Studio
- Acted as a QA on a product team that was developing a set of core APIs. Worked closely with developers on all phases of agile SDLC, including testing, story planning, and estimation.
- Expanded our integration test suite in C# and SpecFlow on an ongoing basis.
- Created a custom WPF application to automate some labor-intensive testing activities, which involved parsing JSON and integrating various APIs for notifications (e.g., Teams, HipChat).
- Created load tests in JMeter for our team's APIs, which were to be used by the whole organization.
- Performed extensive manual API testing using Postman, testing features before the UI was available.
Test Automation Engineer (Contract)2017 - 2017University of Chicago Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP)
Technologies: Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, TeamCity, C#
- Designed and developed the core of an abstraction library in C#, which encapsulated complex business logic for integration tests of stock operations.
- Expanded test coverage using my framework, reducing time to create new tests.
- Refactored existing tests with the framework, making them easier to maintain.
Senior Testing Engineer2014 - 2017Amdocs
Technologies: Selenium, Appium, C#, Model View Controller (MVC), ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), UFT, QTP, HP Quality Center (QC)
- Developed and maintained automated sanity tests using UFT/QTP and Selenium for web and desktop apps.
- Performed custom app development in .NET in C# using MVC and WPF. Was a contributor on the team that developed the Ginger open-source automation framework.
- Worked closely with several offshore teams on defect triage and resolution.
- Authored two patents related to automated software testing.
- Performed mobile testing (Android) of native apps using Appium and C#.
Data Analyst (Contract)2013 - 2015Amdocs
Technologies: Unix, HP Quality Center (QC), BMC Remedy, Oracle, Redgate SQL Toolbelt, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Excel, Toad
- Maintained reference data (e.g., price plans, offers) in a cell phone billing system, monitoring the system.
- Managed data validation test suite to ensure data integrity after daily updates.
- Performed regular data migrations using Oracle SQL*Loader on Unix.
- Tracked change requests and support tickets in BMC Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Automated some of the manual office processes with VBA.
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Contract)2011 - 2012Koch Business Solutions
Technologies: ITIL, Expense Management, Apache Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere
- Maintained back-office accounting systems, specifically BlackLine and GERS.
- Troubleshot server issues, like WebSphere, IIS, and Tomcat, for apps maintained by our team.
- Tracked and assigned trouble tickets inside BMC Remedy ITSM.
- Liaised with ITIL change review board for change management.
- Performed some custom app development in Visual Studio and Access.
Senior QA Analyst2011 - 2011Agio Technology
Technologies: HP Quality Center (QC), Redgate, Microsoft SQL Server
- Performed QA testing on enhancements to the fund the accounting system used by a major hedge fund.
- Worked closely with hedge fund developers to test enhancements to the system and did complex queries of large datasets.
- Created, maintained, and ran test plans in HP Quality Center.
Data Quality Analyst2009 - 2011Oklahoma State Department of Health
Technologies: ArcGIS, Esri, SAS
- Maintained and expanded web-based data query system for healthcare statistics, OK2Share.
- Reduced development time by refactoring SAS 9.1 Macro reports into reusable SAS functions.
- Liaised with internal clients on the development of new modules on Ok2share.
- Geocoded healthcare data and produced maps with ESRI ArcGIS.